Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181309 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8715 on: March 07, 2018, 06:58:23 pm »
wow wow wow... sour-heads should put a bib on before looking at this lineup:

http://brasseriedunham.com/boutique/foudre-unis-11-aout-2018/ (scroll down for english).

date = august 11.  location = southern quebec, just up from the VT border.  apparently tickets are going fast.

that lineup tho...
<sig>

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8716 on: March 08, 2018, 12:48:30 am »
You know, maybe this ramble is just me, but I love sours . . . no I worship sours. But, I can't ever find myself in a situation where I say, you know I need to drive to Canada or some f*****-up location to taste or try or buy beer. I don't understand driving more than an hour from my house to buy beer. I don't understand people who go to places around this country because they know there's a brewery there or there's beer there. I just don't get it. I'm a beer snob, I love beer, I love drinking beer. But I'm not a weirdo who's going to go all over the f****** place just to find it. Again, maybe that's just me.

hutch

« Reply #8717 on: March 08, 2018, 12:51:02 am »
Preach!

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8718 on: March 08, 2018, 01:16:33 am »
Besides that, the local beer shop that I enjoy shopping at, had a wicked weed tasting the other day and I was able to get something in a can called tropicmost which is a passion fruit Gose.  Point of this post, is to say you can really taste the difference in Wicked Weed can beer since they got purchased by Budweiser. The Taste is there. I honestly don't know if wicked weed put out beer to the public in cans, because I'm relatively new to the brewery. I instantly fell in love with them before they got purchased, and don't really care about the purchase but I do find it interesting that you can taste the signature Budweiser mark.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #8719 on: March 08, 2018, 09:20:53 am »

hutch

« Reply #8720 on: March 08, 2018, 09:24:16 am »
I like a beer more than the next guy but come on!

Space Freely

« Reply #8721 on: March 08, 2018, 09:24:37 am »
You know, maybe this ramble is just me, but I love sours . . . no I worship sours. But, I can't ever find myself in a situation where I say, you know I need to drive to Canada or some f*****-up location to taste or try or buy beer. I don't understand driving more than an hour from my house to buy beer. I don't understand people who go to places around this country because they know there's a brewery there or there's beer there. I just don't get it. I'm a beer snob, I love beer, I love drinking beer. But I'm not a weirdo who's going to go all over the f****** place just to find it. Again, maybe that's just me.

True, but most of the best beer places are also nice places to visit. Portland (both of them), San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Asheville, Vermont, etc...all nice places to visit. Even Jester King is located near the one Texas city you'd actually want to go to.  Having said that, I don't think I'll ever have reason to visit Toppling Goliath.

edit: Colorado needs to get a mention in this reply.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:19:11 am by Space Freely »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8722 on: March 08, 2018, 10:58:31 am »
all true. I thought I was going to hate Vermont until I got there.  Burlington, in particular, is a great little town.

I'd do more beer traveling if my wife wasn't slightly allergic to beer.

vansmack

« Reply #8723 on: March 08, 2018, 06:02:26 pm »

Check a case of wine for free when Alaska Miles Members fly from 29 West Coast cities.
27>34

« Reply #8724 on: March 08, 2018, 07:14:27 pm »
now there is a business model waiting to be tapped (and good pun)

What if you created a loyalty program that is vendor neutral, but when you get to the airport there is a small case that you could fit bombers, cans and bottles in with all the padding you'd need to mix and match

then they would make a deal with the airlines to only have to pay $5 a case (or free for VIP members)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8725 on: March 08, 2018, 07:50:19 pm »
What if they sold good beer and wine at only a 10% markup *after* security, like they do at PDX?

Space Freely

« Reply #8726 on: March 08, 2018, 07:53:00 pm »
wow wow wow... sour-heads should put a bib on before looking at this lineup:

http://brasseriedunham.com/boutique/foudre-unis-11-aout-2018/ (scroll down for english).

date = august 11.  location = southern quebec, just up from the VT border.  apparently tickets are going fast.

that lineup tho...

Did I tell you guys I'm going to Canada for vacation? I'll be in Jasper that day. Would have been my friend's 49th birthday.  :'(

vansmack

« Reply #8727 on: March 08, 2018, 10:02:25 pm »
now there is a business model waiting to be tapped (and good pun)

Just so you know, they've never opened up my case to confirm it was wine.
27>34

Yada

« Reply #8728 on: March 09, 2018, 02:43:41 pm »
Now that Space has a smartphone, I look forward to seeing more selfies of him on IG. Here is just the other night in the Black Cat bathroom.

hutch

« Reply #8729 on: March 09, 2018, 03:09:19 pm »
Wow he looks a lot better there....