Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3204858 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8775 on: April 02, 2018, 05:11:46 pm »
i distinctly remember a few years back, when we used to have boardee bottle share parties,
man...wish those would come back...
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8776 on: April 03, 2018, 08:21:41 am »
i distinctly remember a few years back, when we used to have boardee bottle share parties,
man...wish those would come back...

I'm always game. Though my liver and head disagree.

Space Freely

« Reply #8777 on: April 03, 2018, 08:25:53 am »
this weekend i found a bomber of KBS for $17 at costco.  i got a bunch of more interesting bottles but decided to grab one KBS just to see what's it's like these days - haven't had it in a few years.  i full expect to be a tad disappointed and will kick myself for not having grabbed another more interesting beer like the Freakcake with brett...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7tz34XZdNN7O0Nv32 (too lazy to re-post then embed...)

I was in Charleston, where Total Wine had four packs for $23 with no limit. So I picked up three for me and one for my brother. Turns out he didn't want any, but picked up two packs for me, which he will just keep since I don't need them. So now we'll both have 12 bottles. Combine that with a bunch I have leftover from last year....and we have too much KBS.

I still enjoy it, even more so than CBS (which I saw on the shelf in Miami for $24/bottle and left it there.)

brennser

Space Freely

« Reply #8779 on: April 03, 2018, 02:02:10 pm »
sleeman's cream ale... damn i miss the stuff.

Maybe they have it out in Seattle?

Space Freely

« Reply #8780 on: April 03, 2018, 02:02:45 pm »
Kunstmann beer of Chile is one of the best...unfortunately, I don't think you can get it in the US

I wonder if it's still one of the best?

« Reply #8781 on: April 03, 2018, 02:22:34 pm »
slo news day... feel the need to reply to 10 yr old posts?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8782 on: April 03, 2018, 02:57:59 pm »
dogfish head pumpkin ale is absolutely delicious, if you don't mind a little sweet in your beer.  i've generally been impressed with 21st Ammendment's offerings, although i haven't tasted "back in black".

Remember when we were all big pumpkin beer fans?

Space Freely

« Reply #8783 on: April 03, 2018, 02:58:38 pm »
This is the best pumpkin beer I've had. Better than Dogfish. This is definitely more pumpkin-y than Dogfish Punkin, whose pumpkin flavor to me is more subtle. I had a sample at my local Whole Foods, but they said they're out and may not get more. Anybody seen it anywhere in the NoVA burbs or DC?

This guy was into pumpkin beers too. Don't let him pretend he wasn't.

Space Freely

« Reply #8784 on: April 03, 2018, 02:59:13 pm »
Anyone like Peroni?

Shock Top?

Or if you're broke....PBR?

Shock Top, now we're talking.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8785 on: April 03, 2018, 03:14:52 pm »

not that i've seen.  it's source, ontario, is farther away so not too surprising. 

i have it often when i visit home, because my mom keeps buying it - even tho i'm over it.  i like to have one, to remind me of simpler times (i.e. a bit more flavor that BMC held my attention back then) but i typically leave with 5 of the 6 bottles untouched.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #8786 on: April 03, 2018, 03:46:04 pm »

not that i've seen.  it's source, ontario, is farther away so not too surprising. 

i have it often when i visit home, because my mom keeps buying it - even tho i'm over it.  i like to have one, to remind me of simpler times (i.e. a bit more flavor that BMC held my attention back then) but i typically leave with 5 of the 6 bottles untouched.

I've actually had it.

I once held a bring your own fancy party and a friend brought her parents, from Toronto. Her stepdad, who was wearing a kilt, brought a bunch of cans of it, proudly and loudly proclaiming how amazing it was. It wasn't, but I played along. True story.

Yada

« Reply #8787 on: April 04, 2018, 04:51:42 pm »
Walkie is inconsistent as he railed against chick fil a and my eating there...

truth... and if there weren't 100's of beers better than FW, I could understand... but there are too many offerings better to line their pockets.

yada, what are you go-to BBA'ed beers?

In my old age, I'm falling into a Space-esque few ounce pour when drinking BBA'ed stouts. I've also recently started to clear my cellar of them.

I don't even think I have a go to at this point, but have had many delicious ones over the past year. Cycle, Fieldwork, Trillium, Veil, and Central Waters stick out in my head as some of the best I've had, even KBS and Bourbon County are better. I find the trail blazer Parabola thin and watery compared to the ones mentioned above. Additionally, I probably shouldn't comment on Barleywine as I don't even like it.

I also loved CBS, my guess is Space didn't like it because of the space ratio vs. the actual taste.

Space Freely

« Reply #8788 on: April 04, 2018, 04:55:19 pm »
Walkie is inconsistent as he railed against chick fil a and my eating there...

truth... and if there weren't 100's of beers better than FW, I could understand... but there are too many offerings better to line their pockets.

yada, what are you go-to BBA'ed beers?

In my old age, I'm falling into a Space-esque few ounce pour when drinking BBA'ed stouts. I've also recently started to clear my cellar of them.

I don't even think I have a go to at this point, but have had many delicious ones over the past year. Cycle, Fieldwork, Trillium, Veil, and Central Waters stick out in my head as some of the best I've had, even KBS and Bourbon County are better. I find the trail blazer Parabola thin and watery compared to the ones mentioned above. Additionally, I probably shouldn't comment on Barleywine as I don't even like it.

I also loved CBS, my guess is Space didn't like it because of the space ratio vs. the actual taste.

My complaint about CBS is the same as my wife's...it's way too sweet. I blame the maple.

I had a phenomenal BA Stout when I was at J Westfield called "Mount Stoutmore." Even my stout hating wife loved it. Which reminds me, I need to do a write up at that trip for the two or three people on this board and the two or three people off this board who might care.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8789 on: April 04, 2018, 07:11:27 pm »
Make that four.