Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183199 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8925 on: September 20, 2018, 01:17:32 pm »
Img loaded for me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yup... sweetcell's internet game is weak.

« Reply #8926 on: September 20, 2018, 01:21:32 pm »
Aslin moving their headquarters to Alexandria, 15 mins from my house. Woohoo. Also still planning a new Herndon location.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn8s71tDLLH/?utm_source=ig_embed

So... The same news that's been circulating for basically a year and no real updates, great!
I didn't know about the Alexandria location!  less than 5 miles from my house and kinda bikable
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8927 on: September 20, 2018, 01:32:25 pm »

Sweetcell, I'll just describe the photo to you. There are 16 green glass bottles. They are not Perrier bottles. 12 of them had twist lids similar to Perrier bottles though. The other four have cheap-looking corks with cages like you'd see on champagne bottles. None of the bottles have been sabred though. There is also a mirror in the background which is slightly gauche and in the reflection in the mirror, is a light fixture which is full-on garish. Also the bottles have labels but you cannot read them. Oh, and the bottles are on a table which has a leaf.

Hope this helps. You are now up to date.
LVMH

« Reply #8928 on: September 20, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »

Sweetcell, I'll just describe the photo to you. There are 16 green glass bottles. They are not Perrier bottles. 12 of them had twist lids similar to Perrier bottles though. The other four have cheap-looking corks with cages like you'd see on champagne bottles. None of the bottles have been sabred though. There is also a mirror in the background which is slightly gauche and in the reflection in the mirror, is a light fixture which is full-on garish. Also the bottles have labels but you cannot read them. Oh, and the bottles are on a table which has a leaf.

You missed the walnut hardwood floor and white chair rail molding
slack

« Reply #8929 on: September 20, 2018, 02:49:00 pm »

You missed the walnut hardwood floor and white chair rail molding
I was just trying to give him a sense, not write a goddamn book. Jeez!
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #8930 on: September 20, 2018, 02:59:51 pm »
What beers are they? I have small laptop screen and 51 year old eyes.

Yada

« Reply #8931 on: September 20, 2018, 03:15:24 pm »
IS THIS BETTER
SWEETCELL?? JAMES?? ANYONE ELSE WANT TO CRITIQUE MY DINING AREA??

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8932 on: September 20, 2018, 03:28:05 pm »
IS THIS BETTER

unfortunately i am in no more of a position to comment on this picture than i am on the first: that hosting site is still timing out on me.  i'm on a 250 Mbps corporate connection, with redundancy... still no dice.  perhaps your images are too awesome to make it over the rockies?  the Mississippi wants to keep them for itself?
<sig>

« Reply #8933 on: September 20, 2018, 03:41:33 pm »
IS THIS BETTER

unfortunately i am in no more of a position to comment on this picture than i am on the first: that hosting site is still timing out on me.  i'm on a 250 Mbps corporate connection, with redundancy... still no dice.  perhaps your images are too awesome to make it over the rockies?  the Mississippi wants to keep them for itself?
Probably a time difference thing. Check again in three hours when the photo runs on the West Coast.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #8934 on: September 20, 2018, 04:06:46 pm »
I like the table and mirror

« Reply #8935 on: September 20, 2018, 05:05:01 pm »
IS THIS BETTER
Much...you can actually read the labels now
so are you@beersnobing
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8936 on: September 20, 2018, 06:05:54 pm »
IS THIS BETTER

Probably a time difference thing. Check again in three hours when the photo runs on the West Coast.

this reply doesn't quite meet POTW eligibility criteria, but damn it put a smile on my face.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8937 on: September 20, 2018, 07:35:38 pm »
IS THIS BETTER

this reply doesn't quite meet POTW eligibility criteria, but damn it put a smile on my face.

Did it work?

Space Freely

« Reply #8938 on: September 24, 2018, 10:05:46 am »
that is an insane lineup.  not sure i've ever seen anything better.

203 (maybe half?) of the beers listed here:

https://untappd.com/v/snallygaster-2018/431529

Space Freely

« Reply #8939 on: September 24, 2018, 10:10:37 am »
A few times a year I hit Dominion Wine and Beer in Falls Church because they have a much more curated, organized beer selection than my local Total Wine.

I went there on Saturday and they were doing a soft opening of their tasting room. Liked it so much I went back with my wife Sunday. Nice little space with a dozen or so taps and wine by the glass. Saturday was better because they had the college football on mute and were playing classic rock. Sunday was the Washington Football Club game turned up loud (though the tv next to us had the Ravens game on, so it was a little weird be blasted with the play by play of a game that was not the one on display in front of you.).

Anyway, the tap selection was small but excellent. Maybe a dozen, and and included three Veil beers, two Aslin beers, KBS, and the aforementioned Citra Triangles.