Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182215 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2011, 02:48:51 pm »
....and where was that?

James Ford

« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2011, 03:26:55 pm »
...and is that draft list, or a beer list (Brennser)?

I mean, if it's a bottle list, my basement has it beat...

godsshoeshine

« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2011, 03:29:49 pm »
....and where was that?
56 east straight street
o/\o

brennser

« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2011, 03:40:32 pm »
its a bottle list, and yes, my basement has it beat too

but given that K'zoo stout retails for 8/9 bucks a sixer and hopslam for 20-25 I thought it was a pretty decent deal

walkonby

« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2011, 03:45:06 pm »
....and where was that?
56 east straight street

the place must . . . suck.  ooh, ooh, i made a clever.

James Ford

« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2011, 04:16:58 pm »
That was my though when I first read your post. Good restaurant price for a bottle of Hopslam.

If it was draft, a different size pour would have helped explain the pricing.

its a bottle list, and yes, my basement has it beat too

but given that K'zoo stout retails for 8/9 bucks a sixer and hopslam for 20-25 I thought it was a pretty decent deal

beerdrinker

« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2011, 11:33:43 pm »
[Wow, where is this?  Funny that with such a great beer selection, they still pander to tasteless hipsters with PBR.

the same can be said of Meridian Pint...

Meridian Pint is hipster dbag ground zero

Really?  I think your referring to Red Derby or Black Cat.  Haven't seen too many hipsters at Meridian Pint.  A bit on the clean cut side but definitely not hipster.  As for PBR, turn your nose down just a bit and learn to appreciate all beer....well...except for Miller Lite and Bud Lite.

walkonby

« Reply #247 on: January 22, 2011, 10:14:16 am »
uh . . oh.

James Ford

« Reply #248 on: January 22, 2011, 11:11:37 am »
Just as I don't want to fuck every person on earth, I don't want to drink every beer on earth either. It's called having taste.  ;)

[Wow, where is this?  Funny that with such a great beer selection, they still pander to tasteless hipsters with PBR.

Really?  I think your referring to Red Derby or Black Cat.  Haven't seen too many hipsters at Meridian Pint.  A bit on the clean cut side but definitely not hipster.  As for PBR, turn your nose down just a bit and learn to appreciate all beer....well...except for Miller Lite and Bud Lite.

walkonby

« Reply #249 on: January 22, 2011, 11:25:22 am »
Just as I don't want to fuck every person on earth, I don't want to drink every beer on earth either. It's called having taste.  ;)

oh james, don't lie . . . we all know you are the forum whore.

James Ford

« Reply #250 on: January 30, 2011, 10:15:37 am »
I had Bell's Hopslam on draft last night, witin a two minute walk of the 9:30 Club.

Bagley

« Reply #251 on: January 30, 2011, 10:43:10 am »
And where would that be James?

James Ford

« Reply #252 on: January 30, 2011, 05:06:20 pm »
A bar with the initials D.C.

And where would that be James?

slappy

« Reply #253 on: February 05, 2011, 01:31:15 am »
I guess props should be given to local Bell's distributor as an Old Town establishment still had Hopslam as well. Curiosity got me on the second round and I was very pleasantly surprised by Firestone Walkers Double Jack on draft. A well balanced double IPA that was hoppy without getting close to over the top like Hopslam. It was on the sweet side but had a nice malt middle to avoid being too sweet for drinkability. I want to go back and see if the start with Hopslam is affecting my judgement.

James Ford

« Reply #254 on: February 12, 2011, 08:08:15 pm »

Did anybody get any Founders Imperial Stout?

I went to three places today. One had sold out. One was limiting your purchase to one 12 oz single. The third had one four pack left, and I got it. Next up, Founders KBS, which will be even harder to grab.

Drank two Founders Double Troubles earlier today. Damn, talk about a beer that sneaks up on you. It's 7pm and I'm done.