Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3183241 times)

tobyd

Verizon Center
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »
Headed to the Tournament this week.  Anyone know what the beer options are like these days?  THANKS!

K8teebug

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #316 on: March 16, 2011, 08:41:41 am »
Do any of you ever venture up to my neck of the woods for Victoria Gastropub?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #317 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:56 am »
Headed to the Tournament this week.  Anyone know what the beer options are like these days?  THANKS!

the NCAA tournament?  if so, which regional?  or is "the tournament" a bar i'm unaware of? 

and i pray that you don't mean medival times ;)
<sig>

BrettnotBritt

Re: Verizon Center
« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2011, 09:54:17 am »

If you mean that you're going to the Phone Booth for the games, you're out of out luck. No alcohol is served at NCAA Tourney events. :dagger

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2011, 10:11:28 am »

If you mean that you're going to the Phone Booth for the games, you're out of out luck. No alcohol is served at NCAA Tourney events. :dagger

that's odd, i get good and sauced at most georgetown games at verizon
(o|o)

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2011, 11:32:31 am »

It's an old NCAA rule that bans alcohol at any site for championship events. They also have to hide any signs/ads that advertise alcohol.

No beer + Aramark concessions = horror.

tobyd

« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2011, 11:56:27 am »
Yeah, I mean the tournament here in DC.  That's bad news indeed.  Thanks for the heads up!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2011, 11:58:17 am »

It's an old NCAA rule that bans alcohol at any site for championship events. They also have to hide any signs/ads that advertise alcohol.

No beer + Aramark concessions = horror.

the only good food in the arena is the BBQ place on the first level, great sweet potato fries
(o|o)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2011, 12:35:27 pm »
the vc food is awful. we usually go to matchbox or one of the jose andres places first
o/\o

nkotb

« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2011, 04:46:49 pm »
Apparently they have Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout on draft at Rustico at VA.

slappy

« Reply #325 on: March 18, 2011, 01:32:52 pm »
Apparently they have Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout on draft at Rustico at VA.

There are two Rustico's in VA, Arl. and North Old Town.
I didn't notice it at Alex. the other day. But I really didn't get past Nugget Nectar and Thornbridge on cask.

nkotb

« Reply #326 on: March 18, 2011, 01:52:26 pm »
Ha...I only realized that over the weekend.  I used to frequent the Old Town location; came as quite a surprise when I saw a second location.

There are two Rustico's in VA, Arl. and North Old Town.
I didn't notice it at Alex. the other day. But I really didn't get past Nugget Nectar and Thornbridge on cask.

brennser

« Reply #327 on: March 18, 2011, 04:57:54 pm »
$20 is a decent price for KBS - its 22.99 at Rodmans and even higher at other places

I saw at ChurchKey last night and asked about KBS and the bartender said:

"You know what?  Our beer director likes to hold on to new things for a while, before rolling them out. If I had to guess?  It'll probably be a month or so before we tap that.""

How's that for a whopper of a lie? Probably a former Bush administration employee.

i'm not going tonight, but my wife did pick up a four pack earlier today. $20. Ouch.

K8teebug

« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2011, 08:05:23 am »
They have nugget nectar and abita strawberry harvest at Corridor in Laurel, if anyone is looking for those.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2011, 12:08:26 pm »
I can't find KBS anywhere. Rodman's and Chevy Chase were sold out. Found out they were serving bottles at The Black Squirrel only to find out they ran out before I got there.

Blergh.