Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182022 times)

slappy

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 30, 2011, 02:19:47 pm »

The Whole Foods in Fairfax has a keg of Founders Devil Dancer they're planning on tapping soon.

Niiiice.
The Fairfax Total Wine must have recently received a shipment from Founders. They had Curmudgeon and Cerise but I didn't notice Devil Dancer.

James Ford

« Reply #421 on: June 30, 2011, 02:21:17 pm »
You already have, sort of.

ratebeer calls it an ipa
beeradvocate calls in an american pale wheat ale (but at 7.5 abv it's more in line with the abv of an ipa)
i call it yummy

A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale
Sneaky Smooth with a Touch of What We Call Wheatly-esque-ish-ness. Crispy Wheat and Pale Malt flavors with a Big Round & Juicy Hop Finish. Everyone Needs A Little Sumpin? Sumpin? Sometimes. You Can Get It All Year Now... in a Six-Pack!

ABV: 7.5%

i wonder what a wheat IPA is like.  anyone tried one?

James Ford

« Reply #422 on: June 30, 2011, 02:23:09 pm »
they received some dogfish 120 and founders devil dancer in bottles yesterday. The 120 mins was gone within hours, not sure if any of the devil dancer bottles are left. But they did geta keg of it.

The Whole Foods in Fairfax has a keg of Founders Devil Dancer they're planning on tapping soon.

Niiiice.
The Fairfax Total Wine must have recently received a shipment from Founders. They had Curmudgeon and Cerise but I didn't notice Devil Dancer.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2011, 02:29:19 pm »
You already have, sort of.

oh, right.  i forgot that L'SS was a wheat beer... didn't really taste like a traditional, non-ruined-by-too-much-hops beer.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #424 on: July 01, 2011, 07:52:59 am »
Birre

Dupont:
Avery IPA
d?AChouffe Houblon Chouffe
DC Brau The Corruption
Founders Devil Dancer
Great Lakes Lake Erie Monster
Lagunitas A Lilttle Sumpin Sumpin
Mikkeller Centennial Single Hop Series
Mikkeller Citra Single Hop Series
North Coast Acme IPA
Southern Tier Iniquity
Trou Du Diable La Morsure
Xbeeriment Madraz IPA
Cask: Pratt St. Ale House Olivers Draft Punk

Georgetown:
DC Brau The Citizen
Flying Dog Imperial Single Hop Centennial IPA
Long Trail Double IPA
Lost Rhino Face Plant
Mikkeller Amarillo Single Hop Series
Mikkeller Simcoe Single Hop Series
Moylans IPA
Nectar Ales Nectar IPA
New Holland RyePA Hatter
Rogue Oregasmic
Schlafly Export IPA
Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere
Stone Cali-Belgique
Stoudts Double IPA
Xbeeriment Hoppenheimer Imperial IPA
21st Amendment Back in Black
Cask: Oskar Blues Dales Pale Ale

Old Town:
Ballast Point Big Eye
Ballast Point Sculpin
Emilesse Triple IPA
Firestone Walker Union Jack
Green Flash Imperial IPA
Green Flash West Coast IPA
Left Hand 400lb Monkey
Olde Richmond No. 11
Otter Creek Alpine Black
Stone Sublimely Self Righteous
Terrapin Hopsecutioner
Thornbridge Jaipur
Thornbridge Raven
Wintercoat Double Hop
Cask: Schlalfy Dry Hopped APA

And did I mention this already? Forgive me if I already did. Initial beer list tomorrow, I guess.

Back again! This year even bigger and better. All July long every Paradiso location will be pouring nothing but IPAs on draft. Come try Domestic IPAs, International IPAs, Black IPAs, Imperial IPAs, Wheat IPAs and IPAs not normally in DC.
Paired with our special pizza, ?IP(izz)A?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2011, 12:34:47 am »
for those who hate beer:

http://sowhatsthedeal.com/events/78

Free PBR at Via 19

Join WTD this Thursday, July 7th at the new Via 19 bar and lounge from 6-8pm.  They're giving away two free PBR beers per person just for RSVP'ing through WTD.  Or you can use your ticket for $5 off a bucket of Budweiser beer ($10 instead of $15).  Score!

Via 19 serves all-American cuisine in a friendly atmosphere good for lunch, brunch, happy hour, or dinner.  You can relax outside dining on the spacious patio and choose from their extensive menu that includes favorites ranging from sliders and wings to Linguine with Shrimp and Chicken Parmigiana.

See you there!

Via 19
1140 19th St NW
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 429-8889
http://via19dc.com

RSVP here: http://sowhatsthedeal.com/events/78
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2011, 08:11:15 am »
Mods, please don't delete this thread!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #427 on: July 07, 2011, 08:45:15 am »
What is it? A Russian beer?

Maybe a first, a spammer who not only trashes the place but also starts to participate in the discussions.  ::)

Darth Ed

« Reply #428 on: July 07, 2011, 01:15:07 pm »
I'm really into saisons a.k.a. farmhouse ales lately. They make for good summertime drinking, I think. Refreshing, but still with plenty of flavor and complexity.

The quintessential saison is Saison Dupont. Fantastic, of course, but it's very expensive.

But I was really impressed with Stillwater Artisanal's Stateside Saison (American Farmhouse Ale):

Also, Franklin's Brewery/Restaurant in Hyattsville had a fantastic saison some months ago. Alas, it was a very limited seasonal batch, but I hope they bring it back!

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1135/62833/

James Ford

« Reply #429 on: July 07, 2011, 01:45:54 pm »
Darth Ed,

Have you tried Hennepin? As good as Saison Dupont (which is indeed very good), but cheaper.

Goose Island Sofie is also very good. Have to remember to bring home a four pack the next time I go to Chicago.

Darth Ed

« Reply #430 on: July 07, 2011, 03:19:57 pm »
Darth Ed,

Have you tried Hennepin? As good as Saison Dupont (which is indeed very good), but cheaper.

No, I haven't. I'll look for it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2011, 05:54:44 pm »
Speaking of farmhouse ales, I have really been enjoying Boulevard's Tank 7 this summer.

Darth Ed

« Reply #432 on: July 07, 2011, 10:41:45 pm »
I also tried Rodenbach's Grand Cru recently (on tap). Wow, it is way out there in terms of flavor. Almost like a lambic in terms of intensity, but the flavors were complex and hard to pin down. Very tart grape/cherry-like fruitiness combined with a balsamic vinegar almost. It almost tasted like a wine instead of a beer. Not for everyone, clearly, but I found it pretty interesting.

K8teebug

« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2011, 09:26:20 am »
Darth Ed,

Goose Island Sofie is also very good. Have to remember to bring home a four pack the next time I go to Chicago.

you can get goose island sofie at perfect pour in columbia.  One of my faves!

James Ford

« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2011, 09:33:52 am »
Thanks for the tip. Will have to stop in when I'm in Columbia for...Freefest? Wilco?

Are they in 12 oz four packs or only in a bomber?

I prefer four packs...I usually see the "special" Goose Island beers in bombers more than four packs around here. Though I did find a four pack of Matilda at Whole Foods in Dupont last fall.

Darth Ed,

you can get goose island sofie at perfect pour in columbia.  One of my faves!