Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181596 times)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #555 on: September 08, 2011, 12:18:49 pm »
A Georgia brewery has brewed a 9353 beer.

There's a pic in my FB of him with a bottle of it.

http://burnthickorybrewery.blogspot.com/2011/07/9353-beer.html

« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:23:26 pm by chaz »

James Ford

« Reply #556 on: September 08, 2011, 02:01:34 pm »
I sampled four of the New Belgian beers from the bottle (ipa, fat tire, tripel, octoberfest) and found them all pretty bland. Of course having just had a Founders Centennial and Dogfish Life and Limb on draft certainly didn't help New Belgium's chances.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #557 on: September 08, 2011, 04:30:25 pm »
james . . . founder's ipa sold me on ipa.  now i'm leisurely trying others, and i'm noticing, a lot suck.

also, just got some new beers.  can't wait to try and post.

radley17

« Reply #558 on: September 09, 2011, 10:49:32 am »
A Georgia brewery has brewed a 9353 beer.

There's a pic in my FB of him with a bottle of it.

http://burnthickorybrewery.blogspot.com/2011/07/9353-beer.html

Apparently this tiny brewery in NW Atlanta has a whole line of one-off special/seasonal beers that pay tribute to various punk bands...Tesco Vee and the Meatmen's -Toolin' For Ale-nus Brown Ale anyone?

http://www.burnthickorybrewery.com/bandpage1.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:52:06 am by radley17 »

James Ford

« Reply #559 on: September 09, 2011, 10:57:30 am »
If you like Centennial, give Bell's Two Hearted a try. I've heard they use the same hops. I love them both.

james . . . founder's ipa sold me on ipa.  now i'm leisurely trying others, and i'm noticing, a lot suck.

also, just got some new beers.  can't wait to try and post.

slappy

« Reply #560 on: September 09, 2011, 02:29:10 pm »
you should go to north carolina.  they worship fat tire.  worship it.  a bartender at the beach told me that once they took it off tap for something new . . . and people actually almost rioted.

Same with coastal Georgia. It was on tap everywhere I went in Savannah last weekend. They were also a big sponsor at the Craft Brew fest that was happening.

James Ford

« Reply #561 on: September 09, 2011, 03:23:40 pm »
Founders Breakfast Stout is out this week, and then in October...

Grand Rapids, MI) ? Sometimes you just have to give the people what they want?

UPDATE: ?The 750 is ridiculously allocated; out of 15 states there will be 1,000 cases,? says President Mike Stevens ? from Craft Business Daily via Evan Benn of Stl Post Dispatch

UPDATE 2: Release on October 1st

Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout. Mmmm?.maple syrup.

Currently ranked the fourth best beer in the world on Beer Advocate and 15th in the world on RateBeer.

It has been rumored for weeks, even months, that this would eventually be bottled, and proof has finally arrived.

Also known as CBS, this version of the beer is aged in bourbon barrels though other past versions have also been aged in whiskey barrels.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #562 on: September 09, 2011, 03:56:50 pm »
bourbon is a whiskey.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #563 on: September 09, 2011, 04:13:08 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #564 on: September 09, 2011, 04:14:18 pm »
I know where my brother will be spending his birthday tonight. Check out the Hopfest beer lineup.

http://www.brouwerscafe.com/draught.pdf

slappy

« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2011, 11:07:07 am »
The Eight Beers Americans No Longer Drink
(Could actually say 'Eight American Beers Americans No Longer Drink')
http://247wallst.com/2011/09/09/the-eight-beers-americans-no-longer-drink/2/

My initial reaction is that it bodes well for the collective tastes of Americans. Then I noticed there is no equally bland Coors on the list. So people must really be buying Coors moronic marketing of beer based entirely on temperature.

imbecile

« Reply #566 on: September 12, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »
I was in Chicago over the weekend (Hum was awesome by the way) and decided to give Goose Island another go following the sale.  Across the board, it was a lot worse than I remembered it - 312, IPA, Honker, Matilda, Sophie, Summertime, Harvest were all highly forgettable which I didn't think was the case before.

I couldn't track down the few I remembered liking to compare - Pepe Nero and Bourbon County Stout.

I thought the beer was supposed to remain unchanged after the sell.  Has anyone else thought goose island went downhill, or is it just me?

James Ford

« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2011, 04:06:21 pm »
I still have a four pack of pre-sale Matilda and was thinking of getting another four pack when we're in Chicago at Thanksgiving. I'll make sure we save some of the old stuff and do a comparison and will report back.

I was in Chicago over the weekend (Hum was awesome by the way) and decided to give Goose Island another go following the sale.  Across the board, it was a lot worse than I remembered it - 312, IPA, Honker, Matilda, Sophie, Summertime, Harvest were all highly forgettable which I didn't think was the case before.

I couldn't track down the few I remembered liking to compare - Pepe Nero and Bourbon County Stout.

I thought the beer was supposed to remain unchanged after the sell.  Has anyone else thought goose island went downhill, or is it just me?

imbecile

« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2011, 09:06:02 am »
In my mind this is beer related:

Living Social Baltimore is doing pay $10 for $20 at Whole Foods today.  I instantly thought: beer at whole foods in Virginia. Then read the fine print and found nothing to suggest this wouldn't be allowed.

Baltimore sun article confirmed deal can be used nationally, and is capped to the first 1 million buyers.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2011, 12:21:14 pm »
In my mind this is beer related:

Living Social Baltimore is doing pay $10 for $20 at Whole Foods today.  I instantly thought: beer at whole foods in Virginia. Then read the fine print and found nothing to suggest this wouldn't be allowed.

Baltimore sun article confirmed deal can be used nationally, and is capped to the first 1 million buyers.

already halfway through the 1M quota - this one will sell out.

link to the deal: https://livingsocial.com/deals/123805?ref=conf-jp&rpi=27066465

i'll have to use mine next time i'm in VA ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:21:56 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>