Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3170960 times)

dave24

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #720 on: October 18, 2011, 05:12:48 pm »
No - but if I did move to Indiana it'd purposely be near their brewpub, even if it is in an industrial POS sort of place.  This represents a sort of Mecca to me, as I've never been there, though I've had many people bring me the beer.  The even sounds awesome, as does any collaboration that includes Three Floyds and Surly...

K8teebug

« Reply #721 on: October 19, 2011, 02:30:27 pm »
Frisco Grille is going to have 30 pumpkin/Octoberfest beer on tap tonight for those venturing out to the burbs.

James Ford

« Reply #722 on: October 19, 2011, 02:42:53 pm »
Do they realize that Oktoberfest ended October 3?  ;D

Frisco Grille is going to have 30 pumpkin/Octoberfest beer on tap tonight for those venturing out to the burbs.

brennser

« Reply #723 on: October 19, 2011, 02:43:10 pm »
I am headed to The Big Hunt tonight to sample, CBS, Backwoods Bastard, Harvest Ale and a few other goodies

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #724 on: October 19, 2011, 03:44:29 pm »
I am headed to The Big Hunt tonight to sample, CBS, Backwoods Bastard, Harvest Ale and a few other goodies

can you confirm that they have CBS?  there is a change i will be nearby tonight and just might stop in for a taste...

nevermind.  confirmed.  hope they still have some left by the time i make it there.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 03:47:03 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #725 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:04 pm »
I can get there by Friday.  I think.  What are the chances they still have some?

What are the chances I'll be underwhelmed?

James Ford

« Reply #726 on: October 19, 2011, 05:27:21 pm »
It will be gone. And you would not be underwhelmed.

I can get there by Friday.  I think.  What are the chances they still have some?

What are the chances I'll be underwhelmed?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #727 on: October 19, 2011, 07:49:01 pm »
jesus . . . this time next year, they won't even be able to push cbs out the door, because it'll be eveywhere.  with special glasses.  and christmas gift packages with shirts, hats. plus a cartoon show based on the guy on the horse.  and then people will become obsessed with something else. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #728 on: October 19, 2011, 10:33:56 pm »
The big hunt was tapped out of CBS by 7:30. Just left the place, so didn't get a taste. Brennser, did you get any?

The quest continues :(
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #729 on: October 20, 2011, 07:34:44 am »
this time next year, they won't even be able to push cbs out the door, because it'll be everywhere.  and then people will become obsessed with something else. 

Well put.

brennser

« Reply #730 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54:32 am »
The big hunt was tapped out of CBS by 7:30. Just left the place, so didn't get a taste. Brennser, did you get any?

The quest continues :(
yup - its very good but really so sweet as to not demand a second glass, at least for me

I also had an evolution morning wood and a Founders Harvest Ale

Meridien Pint will be tapping CBS along with a host of other goodies in the not too distant future

James Ford

« Reply #731 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:02 am »
That's what my friend said when we had it at CK.

Looks like I may get a chance to test that theory, as I have two 26 oz bottles and a wife who has decided it's the six ounces of beer she drinks on netflix nights two nights a week that is preventing her from losing the weight she'd like to lose.

Brennser, how do you convince your wife and kids you need to go to all of these beer events?  ;)

yup - its very good but really so sweet as to not demand a second glass, at least for me

[/quote]

brennser

« Reply #732 on: October 20, 2011, 08:41:00 am »
Brennser, how do you convince your wife and kids you need to go to all of these beer events?  ;)

When I worked in Dupont and had an easy schedule I used to grab a beer or two after work almost every day. What with work and family I actually rarely go out drinking these days, maybe twice a month (and it shows in my 20lb weight loss!). The last two CBS related events have been somewhat serendipitous, for the first I had plans to go out anyways so just bailed on work an hour early and went to PP. And for yesterday, I'm a long time Big Hunt regular and always try to make it out when they are tapping special stuff - I was home by 7pm......

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #733 on: October 20, 2011, 09:07:54 am »
a wife who has decided it's the six ounces of beer she drinks on netflix nights two nights a week that is preventing her from losing the weight she'd like to lose

I seriously doubt it.  But that works out splendidly for you so who'd argue the theory?

James Ford

« Reply #734 on: October 20, 2011, 09:10:10 am »
But in an effort to maintain my current weight, I need a co-drinker to drink half!

a wife who has decided it's the six ounces of beer she drinks on netflix nights two nights a week that is preventing her from losing the weight she'd like to lose

I seriously doubt it.  But that works out splendidly for you so who'd argue the theory?