Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181913 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2011, 03:17:29 pm »
Mid-Atlantic Holiday Beer Festival @ Pratt Street Ale House, Baltimore
Saturday, December 10
Price: $40.00

Come sample some delicious food and sample some extraordinary beers from such local names as Evolution, Victory, Troegs, Stillwater, Flying Dog, The Brewer's Art, and our own Oliver Ales.

http://www.missiontix.com/events/product/13056/mid-atlantic-holiday-beer-festival

<sig>

Yada

« Reply #826 on: November 16, 2011, 03:21:40 pm »
Mid-Atlantic Holiday Beer Festival @ Pratt Street Ale House, Baltimore
Saturday, December 10
Price: $40.00

Come sample some delicious food and sample some extraordinary beers from such local names as Evolution, Victory, Troegs, Stillwater, Flying Dog, The Brewer's Art, and our own Oliver Ales.

http://www.missiontix.com/events/product/13056/mid-atlantic-holiday-beer-festival

Anyone offering rides to an fro?  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #827 on: November 16, 2011, 04:22:36 pm »
that would be an interesting trip up and back.   ;D

James Ford

« Reply #828 on: November 16, 2011, 04:25:53 pm »
Warning: message board cross reference here...from beer advocate message board
Note: AB=Anhesuer Busch
Note#2: Perfect Pour is in Columbia, MD as some here have mentioned

Just talked to one of my bottle shops, (Perfect Pour), they won't be getting any BCBS because distribution is based on how much Honkers Ale and another beer in the Goose line they sold this year.

Since they don't sell enough of these 'qualifying' beers, they don't get any BCBS.

Welcome to AB marketing.

Anybody know if Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout makes it to the DC area in bottles? I was hoping to pick up some when I'm in Chicago the day after Thanksgiving, but I'm starting to wonder if the release date will be after that day.

I ran across it last year on complete accident.  At some little beer/convenience store (name completely escapes me) across the street from DeVinos (18th and U NW).  I was in there a month or so ago and saw a good selection of their beers, but don't recall that one being there.

Google streetview shows the name as "Virginia Market" - no telling how old that image is though.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #829 on: November 16, 2011, 04:43:40 pm »

i'd be mostly concerned with the trip back...

would make for a fun road trip tho.  anyone have a spouse/partner/SO/etc willing to babysit a few beer-drench boardees? or at least give them a ride home?  ;D

alternately, could consider taking a bus.  the place is right downtown, on the harbor - there must be greyhound buses that would work, right?  from my neck of the woods, there is an express bus from shady grove to BWI.  from there, take light rail into the city.  slightly faster for me than going to downtown DC and grabbing a bus at union station.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #830 on: November 16, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »

would make for a fun road trip tho.  anyone have a spouse/partner/SO/etc willing to babysit a few beer-drench boardees? or at least give them a ride home?  ;D

alternately, could consider taking a bus.  the place is right downtown, on the harbor - there must be greyhound buses that would work, right?  from my neck of the woods, there is an express bus from shady grove to BWI.  from there, take light rail into the city.  slightly faster for me than going to downtown DC and grabbing a bus at union station.

man thats some dedication...

Yada

« Reply #831 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:06 pm »

man thats some dedication...

hahaha, seriously.... Sounds fun, but shit... that's quite the f'n trek. However, someone wanting to line up transport to and fro for $50, I'm in!

James Ford

« Reply #832 on: November 16, 2011, 04:58:48 pm »
For only $10 more the Founders brunch at Meridian is a slam dunk compared to that one.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #833 on: November 16, 2011, 05:08:53 pm »
isn't that sold out?

nevermind . . . got confused with their breakfast stout breakfast thing, founders is doing somewhere.  i hate that i am this obsessed with a product.  founders is the steve job's apple of beer.

Yada

« Reply #834 on: November 16, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »
For only $10 more the Founders brunch at Meridian is a slam dunk compared to that one.

I find these beer pairing dining events in the city to be quite shitty... not enough food and warm beer.

In other over priced and over indulgence news, did anyone go to the Vices of Virginia two weekends ago? Hands down one of the best events I've ever attended that involves gluttony.

http://arcadiafood.org/

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #835 on: November 16, 2011, 05:19:37 pm »

this is the first i've heard of this brunch - why didn't you tell us about it before?!?
http://dcbeer.com/2011/11/15/meridian-pint-hosts-founders-beer-brunch/

the founders brunch is actually $25 more - there is an obligatory $10 gratuity and $5 tax, so $65 total.

i'm running a 15 km that morning... this might be the perfect recoup meal ;D
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #836 on: November 16, 2011, 05:24:24 pm »

this is the first i've heard of this brunch - why didn't you tell us about it before?!?

the founders brunch is actually $25 more - there is an obligatory $10 gratuity and $5 tax, so $65 total.

You running the hot chocolate race?? Pretty sure I'm doing the same...but 5k, I'm a wuss.

James Ford

« Reply #837 on: November 16, 2011, 06:56:46 pm »
factor in the processing fees and those tickets are more then $40.

A processing fee will be applied at the end of checkout

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #838 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:30 pm »

processing fee is $4.50, so in the end the founders brunch is $20 more than the b'more thingy.  definitely worth it if only because of the proximity.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #839 on: November 16, 2011, 07:15:03 pm »
Definitely worth it because the Founders beers listed are outstanding.

There will be some good beers at that Baltimore thing, but nothing outstanding, imo.

processing fee is $4.50, so in the end the founders brunch is $20 more than the b'more thingy.  definitely worth it if only because of the proximity.