Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182360 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1110 on: February 22, 2012, 12:18:28 pm »
Tonite's list:

Breckenridge Small Batch 471
Bell's Hopslam
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Bell's Two-Hearted

How's your hangover this morning?

I need Five Guys.

Yada

« Reply #1111 on: February 22, 2012, 12:22:23 pm »
Tonite's list:

Breckenridge Small Batch 471
Bell's Hopslam
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Bell's Two-Hearted

How's your hangover this morning?

I need Five Guys.

Hhahaha... I call those mornings a #7 with an Orange Hi-C.

nkotb

« Reply #1112 on: February 22, 2012, 04:08:21 pm »
Good lord...Rick's sold out in an hour.

Second batch of Hopslam is hitting stores this week.

James Ford

« Reply #1113 on: February 22, 2012, 04:13:04 pm »
That's what happens when you accept orders over the phone.

I know one place that will no doubt have it if i tried. But i'm sticking to my guns and not buying any more this year.

Good lord...Rick's sold out in an hour.

Second batch of Hopslam is hitting stores this week.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #1114 on: February 22, 2012, 09:43:22 pm »
Going to Kansas City this weekend. Will hopefully bring back some Boulevard Tank 7. Doubt I will be able to come across any Chocolate Ale.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1115 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:19 pm »

stevewizzle

« Reply #1116 on: February 22, 2012, 09:45:27 pm »
I know one place that will no doubt have it if i tried. But i'm sticking to my guns and not buying any more this year.

what's this beer store you speak of?  :o

imbecile

« Reply #1117 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:53 am »

Schneiders had quite a bit still late last night.  They didn't put any on the floor, so you had to ask for it which I imagine kept it from vanishing very quick.  May be worth giving a call.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1118 on: February 28, 2012, 09:49:17 am »

Found some last weekend. There is definitely a serious amount of hops in it (great aroma), and it costs $20+ for a six-pack.  No clue what the hype is about, but I'm consistently underwhelmed with Bells.

Anyone ever stop into Virginia Market on 18th and U?  Just found that place, they have amazing selection.

Also - Nugget Nectar this week.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:52:17 am by stevewizzle »

James Ford

« Reply #1119 on: February 28, 2012, 10:08:10 am »
For me:

Hopslam=Great
Two Hearted=Very Good
Double Cream Stout=Very Good
All other Bell's beers (and I've had a bunch of them)=Average to Good

Found some last weekend. There is definitely a serious amount of hops in it (great aroma), and it costs $20+ for a six-pack.  No clue what the hype is about, but I'm consistently underwhelmed with Bells.

Anyone ever stop into Virginia Market on 18th and U?  Just found that place, they have amazing selection.

Yada

« Reply #1120 on: February 28, 2012, 10:32:05 am »

I used to live about 50 feet from the Virginia Market. Great place. With them and De Vinos on the same block, you could always find what you're looking for.

Also, got a case of Hopslam for $56 in PA this weekend. You can't beat that!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1121 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:51 am »
No, you can't.  I was in PA last Saturday and bought a case of Nugget Nectar for $45 (after tax).  Was their last one.  Asked about Hopslam but they were out.

MD beer prices are awful (beating a dead horse...but still....)

James Ford

« Reply #1122 on: February 28, 2012, 11:02:36 am »
Are you allowed to buy four and six packs in PA, or do they require you to buy a case? Don't know if i quite understand all the rules on that.

Going to Philly sometime this Spring I hope. Is there anything I should pick up/seek out there that can't be had in DC area (Russian River?)

Yada

« Reply #1123 on: February 28, 2012, 11:23:01 am »
Are you allowed to buy four and six packs in PA, or do they require you to buy a case? Don't know if i quite understand all the rules on that.

Going to Philly sometime this Spring I hope. Is there anything I should pick up/seek out there that can't be had in DC area (Russian River?)

They didn't have six packs of hopslam, just cases. Nugget Nectar was only $37 a case there.

I'm not sure if you can buy cases of Russian River in Philly, I think it's just distributed at bars. I may be wrong...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1124 on: February 28, 2012, 12:22:24 pm »

I was told you had to buy by the case.