Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182273 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1200 on: March 21, 2012, 11:47:55 am »
If both you and your partner each score one from two different stores, you have yourself a four pack.

I usually ask my work at home wife to do my beer dirty work for hot beers like this, but asking her to run out and grab one 12 oz beer is a bit of a stretch.

I drive by a couple of places that will have it. I'm hoping they will still have some after i get off work. Not going to leave work early just for beer. Especially when I still have a four pack of 2011 KBS.  ;D

i am completely not a fan of that tactic.  one of my shops tries that now and again.  i get the desire to "let everyone taste" and i guess i have to applaud that . . . but one beer?  do you drink it or just stare at it?  i wrote to founders and asked them why don't you just brew the damn beer more than just once and let it be a quad release?  jeez, is that so hard.  think of the jobs . . . think of the money to be made.

dogfish head realized that releasing 120 minute again, was very profitable.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1201 on: March 21, 2012, 11:51:24 am »
I found KBS at Total Wine last night.  They sold me 1.  1 beer that is.  They said that they had 3 cases being sold as 72 individual beers.

was that a bomber, or a 12 oz?

i am completely not a fan of that tactic.  one of my shops tries that now and again.  i get the desire to "let everyone taste" and i guess i have to applaud that . . . but one beer?  do you drink it or just stare at it?  i wrote to founders and asked them why don't you just brew the damn beer more than just once and let it be a quad release?  jeez, is that so hard.  think of the jobs . . . think of the money to be made.

i'd learn ya some marketing, but i'd be afraid you'd dismiss it all as a conspiracy ;D
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #1202 on: March 21, 2012, 11:59:40 am »
KBS is on 12 oz bottle only.

I found KBS at Total Wine last night.  They sold me 1.  1 beer that is.  They said that they had 3 cases being sold as 72 individual beers.

was that a bomber, or a 12 oz?

James Ford

« Reply #1203 on: March 21, 2012, 12:05:08 pm »
Anybody heard if the upcoming Founders expansion will thereby increase the amount of KBS produced in future years?

brennser

« Reply #1204 on: March 21, 2012, 12:52:45 pm »
http://www.foundersbrewing.com/blog

"It would be misleading to say that everyone will get an allocation of KBS next year, but we can assure you that we are producing approximately three times the volume for the 2013 release. "

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1205 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:26 pm »
any news of places serving KBS on draft?

has anyone spotted Founders in Maryland yet? (reminder)

Anybody heard if the upcoming Founders expansion will thereby increase the amount of KBS produced in future years?

of all the articles i've read about the expansion, not a single one has mentioned a specific brew.  they only talk about overall capacity increases.  KBS and CBS are aged in bourbon barrels, i wonder if that is the limiting factor (well, they're described as being aged in barrels, but the taste can be achieved by cutting up barrels and adding the wood to the fermenter... so who knows).
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1206 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:33 pm »
Not sure how credible this is...but there is no date for Maryland yet  :'(

http://mybeerbuzz.blogspot.com/2012/03/founders-brewing-to-enter-iowa-market.html

Yada

« Reply #1207 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:17 pm »
any news of places serving KBS on draft?

has anyone spotted Founders in Maryland yet? (reminder)

of all the articles i've read about the expansion, not a single one has mentioned a specific brew.  they only talk about overall capacity increases.  KBS and CBS are aged in bourbon barrels, i wonder if that is the limiting factor (well, they're described as being aged in barrels, but the taste can be achieved by cutting up barrels and adding the wood to the fermenter... so who knows).

Don't think it's distributed in MD.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #1208 on: March 21, 2012, 03:01:09 pm »
Had the wife go to Rodman's yesterday since she works nearby and was able to pick up two bottles of KBS. Still have yet to buy an actual four-pack of this stuff.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1209 on: March 21, 2012, 03:49:51 pm »

But that beer tastes like shit.

you really think?  i hope not.  i had one last year.  the whole "you get one" deal.  i drank it not long after buying . . . thinking huh, what was all that money for?  the next time the store had it, i almost passed, told my story, and the kind man told me it was because i did not age it.  store it for 6 months, even up to a year, he said, then try it.  i've loved all other dogfishhead timed ipas.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1210 on: March 21, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »
Don't think it's distributed in MD.

yet.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #1211 on: March 21, 2012, 04:44:09 pm »
KBS on tap at Big Hunt.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1212 on: March 22, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »
thanks for the heads up - had KBS at big hunt last night.  rolled in at 9 and was surprised they still had some left.  $9 for 12oz... about what i expected.  worth it, love that beer.

brennser

« Reply #1213 on: March 23, 2012, 07:07:25 am »
have managed to locate 6 bottles of KBS this year - significantly down from the 16 i snagged last year

James Ford

« Reply #1214 on: March 23, 2012, 08:19:55 am »
Three for me, though there's a chance i may get some more.
My wife told me she doesn't like the stuff anymore, that I have to drink whatever I get by myself. Oh, such punishment.

have managed to locate 6 bottles of KBS this year - significantly down from the 16 i snagged last year