Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181592 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1215 on: March 26, 2012, 12:58:27 pm »
The Unibroue taster pack is back at Trader Joe's for a limited time only...$8.99/four pack.

I usually avoid taster packs because there's almosy always at least one beer I don't like in them. But this one have four damn good beers in it. And their four packs are normall around $10.99.

James Ford

« Reply #1216 on: March 26, 2012, 12:59:49 pm »
I tried this beer at Rick's on Saturday. May have been the most disgusting beer I've ever tasted.

?New Belgium La Folie: This is the one we've all been waiting for. Ever since New Belgium announced it would be entering the NoVa market, the consistent question has been, "When will we see some La Folie?" Well, one of the best-known American Flanders-style sour brown ales is here now. The Beermudgeon hasn't tasted any of this since the first SAVOR event in 2008 and is looking forward to seeing how this brew (and his palate) have matured and evolved. ABV: 6.0%, $14.99/22 oz. Limit 1 bottle per customer, please.

Yada

« Reply #1217 on: March 27, 2012, 08:56:20 am »
Had a sixer of this this past weekend.

Delicious.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1199/20478

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1218 on: March 27, 2012, 10:18:14 am »
I tried this beer at Rick's on Saturday. May have been the most disgusting beer I've ever tasted.

?New Belgium La Folie: This is the one we've all been waiting for. Ever since New Belgium announced it would be entering the NoVa market, the consistent question has been, "When will we see some La Folie?" Well, one of the best-known American Flanders-style sour brown ales is here now. The Beermudgeon hasn't tasted any of this since the first SAVOR event in 2008 and is looking forward to seeing how this brew (and his palate) have matured and evolved. ABV: 6.0%, $14.99/22 oz. Limit 1 bottle per customer, please.

sour beers are pretty gross IMHO.  weird thing is. they're supposed to taste that way.  i don't get them.  they have a small, but strong, following.

a while back the club had Duchess de Bourgogne on tap upstairs.  also a sour, also not my thing - but reviews on BA are positive: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/641/1745.  go figure.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #1219 on: March 27, 2012, 10:25:53 am »
I've tried some sours that were at least tolerable...they were also pouring a "sour apple" beer...but this one was the worst. The guy pouring it said with glee "It's got that vinegary taste."

Why would I want to drink something that taste like vinegar?

sour beers are pretty gross IMHO.  weird thing is. they're supposed to taste that way.  i don't get them.  they have a small, but strong, following.

a while back the club had Duchess de Bourgogne on tap upstairs.  also a sour, also not my thing - but reviews on BA are positive: http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/641/1745.  go figure.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1220 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:00 am »

Delicious.

call me confused . . . i thought that only came out in the fall, and only in 4 packs.

Yada

« Reply #1221 on: March 27, 2012, 10:43:49 am »

Delicious.

call me confused . . . i thought that only came out in the fall, and only in 4 packs.

No clue, bought a six pack of it in Pittsburgh the same weekend I stocked up on Hopslam/Nugget Nectar. They were sold as singles so maybe they only do come in Four Packs normally?

fatskippy

« Reply #1222 on: March 27, 2012, 10:46:44 am »
Dogfish 75 is uber mediocre

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1223 on: March 27, 2012, 11:03:06 am »

Delicious.

No clue, bought a six pack of it in Pittsburgh the same weekend I stocked up on Hopslam/Nugget Nectar. They were sold as singles so maybe they only do come in Four Packs normally?

either way . . . i hate you.   ;D

James Ford

« Reply #1224 on: March 27, 2012, 11:35:07 am »
My wife just grabbed another four.

Contemplating if i want another four on top of that. Maybe that's too much? This is one of those distinct beers you have to be in the mood for, so don't want too many. Had half of one last night, was yummy.

Three for me, though there's a chance i may get some more.
My wife told me she doesn't like the stuff anymore, that I have to drink whatever I get by myself. Oh, such punishment.

have managed to locate 6 bottles of KBS this year - significantly down from the 16 i snagged last year

Bagley

« Reply #1225 on: March 27, 2012, 01:33:42 pm »
Where on earth is the KBS still available?  By the four pack, no less???

James Ford

« Reply #1226 on: March 27, 2012, 01:48:43 pm »
All i'll say is you have to look where other people don't.
And sorry to anyone who has missed out...I've already previously promised any extras I may get to a friend...

brennser

« Reply #1227 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:24 pm »
Dang!

Not too shabby - yeah I had a line on some more at the weekend but it was $30 a 4 pack and I really couldn't justify it

Did have an epic beer tasting at the weekend with (among others), 2009 GL Blackout stout, 2011 GL Blackout Stout, 2001 Barrel Aged GLBS, 2011 and 2012 KBS, GI Big John, CBS, Blushing Monk, Pliny, Curmudegeons Better Half and a slew of other stuff

My wife just grabbed another four.

Contemplating if i want another four on top of that. Maybe that's too much? This is one of those distinct beers you have to be in the mood for, so don't want too many. Had half of one last night, was yummy.

Three for me, though there's a chance i may get some more.
My wife told me she doesn't like the stuff anymore, that I have to drink whatever I get by myself. Oh, such punishment.

have managed to locate 6 bottles of KBS this year - significantly down from the 16 i snagged last year

Yada

« Reply #1228 on: March 27, 2012, 02:09:46 pm »
And sorry to anyone who has missed out...I've already previously promised any extras I may get to a friend...

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

James Ford

« Reply #1229 on: March 27, 2012, 02:34:11 pm »
kind of like the beanie baby craze

Beer secrets. LOLZ.