Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181348 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1230 on: March 27, 2012, 02:58:07 pm »
Did have an epic beer tasting at the weekend with (among others), 2009 GL Blackout stout, 2011 GL Blackout Stout, 2001 Barrel Aged GLBS, 2011 and 2012 KBS, GI Big John, CBS, Blushing Monk, Pliny, Curmudegeons Better Half and a slew of other stuff

dang.  solid outing there.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #1231 on: March 27, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »
Yeah, I managed to find ONE bottle.  I don't have the time/energy to go to too many places, but might have stopped at four or five and I've struck out everywhere.

Where on earth is the KBS still available?  By the four pack, no less???

stevewizzle

« Reply #1232 on: March 27, 2012, 03:51:56 pm »
kind of like the beanie baby craze

All i'll say is you have to look where other people don't.
And sorry to anyone who has missed out...I've already previously promised any extras I may get to a friend...

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

childish people running around looking for these "rare, hard to find beers" and even more childish people boasting about their "secret locations" that you can't know about. 

James Ford

« Reply #1233 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »
If something that I like a LOT is very limited in supply, and I've managed to find a good source for myself, why would I share it with a bunch of people on a message board and cut myself off in the future? What exactly is childish about that?

And sorry to anyone who has missed out...I've already previously promised any extras I may get to a friend...

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

childish people running around looking for these "rare, hard to find beers" and even more childish people boasting about their "secret locations" that you can't know about. 

James Ford

« Reply #1234 on: March 27, 2012, 04:04:37 pm »
Speaking of sharing, here's a good one for everyone:

?27 Mar 2012 18:00 - 18:00
LAST CALL: HOPSLAM + KBS + NUGGET NECTAR + SCULPIN at Rustico Restaurant Ballston

LAST CALL: HOPSLAM + KBS + NUGGET NECTAR + SCULPIN!
TUESDAY MARCH 27 | 6PM | BALLSTON

Some big superstars make one final appearance of the season this coming Tuesday in Ballston. We?ve hid, saved up and fought off packs of wolves to keep these kegs safe and bring them to you on one night. We just can?t resist any longer. No admission to join, and all drafts served in 4 oz. tasters and full glass pours.

Yada

« Reply #1235 on: March 27, 2012, 04:20:29 pm »
If something that I like a LOT is very limited in supply, and I've managed to find a good source for myself, why would I share it with a bunch of people on a message board and cut myself off in the future? What exactly is childish about that?

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

I think it's pretty lame... A few posts prior you said you didn't want anymore of the beer yet you won't reveal where it can be purchased. And truthfully, unless the beer mecca is in a convenient location to my house, I'm sure as hell not driving to Burbia', VA to pick up a bottle of it.

Furthermore, how many posters are on here on a regular basis?? 20 max?? How many of them care about said beer?? Maybe 5??? Of those five, who will actually drive and seek out where ever your secret location is?? I'm going with 0-1 max.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:22:39 pm by Yada »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1236 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:09 pm »
Yeah, if there's anyone who's willing to send a little KBS love to a Marylander, LMK.

brennser

« Reply #1237 on: March 27, 2012, 04:50:29 pm »
I'm gonna swing by this on my way to the airport - a little KBS will make a late night trip to Arkansas all the more tolerable

Speaking of sharing, here's a good one for everyone:

?27 Mar 2012 18:00 - 18:00
LAST CALL: HOPSLAM + KBS + NUGGET NECTAR + SCULPIN at Rustico Restaurant Ballston

LAST CALL: HOPSLAM + KBS + NUGGET NECTAR + SCULPIN!
TUESDAY MARCH 27 | 6PM | BALLSTON

Some big superstars make one final appearance of the season this coming Tuesday in Ballston. We?ve hid, saved up and fought off packs of wolves to keep these kegs safe and bring them to you on one night. We just can?t resist any longer. No admission to join, and all drafts served in 4 oz. tasters and full glass pours.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #1238 on: March 27, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

I told you where I found a second batch of Hopslam after you asked me. Just sayin'...

In other words, check your PMs
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:55:57 pm by BrettnotBritt »

stevewizzle

« Reply #1239 on: March 27, 2012, 05:54:30 pm »

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

That's fine you have your secret place.  But it's yours, and you intend to keep it that way.  So why tell anyone that it exists in the first place? 

James Ford

« Reply #1240 on: March 27, 2012, 05:55:16 pm »
The shipment to that store had been delayed. They got ten four packs. So ten lucky people. By the time my wife got there and got one  at 10am, a number of them had already been sold. By the time I got there at 5:15pm, they were long gone. The end.

Hint: Look for a beer store that doesn't have an online presence. Look for a beer store in a more blue collar suburban area, where asshole beer snobs tend not to live or even care to venture.

James Ford

« Reply #1241 on: March 27, 2012, 05:56:37 pm »
Maybe you're right and i just shouldn't have said anything. My bad. Apologies, if necessary.

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

That's fine you have your secret place.  But it's yours, and you intend to keep it that way.  So why tell anyone that it exists in the first place? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1242 on: March 27, 2012, 06:34:03 pm »
personally, i'd rather be told that it's out there somewhere than not know about it at all.  then it boils down to how much effort i'm willing to put into finding the source.  luckily i didn't have time to work on this today, and it's now too late, because based on ford's description i wouldn't have found it anyways.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #1243 on: March 27, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »
It's cool. apologies on "name-calling", bitching doesn't have much place in beer talk.  the rustico event looks fantastic - too bad i don't live out there anymore.

on the plus side - i found some four roses single barrel on my hunt for KBS.  so win/win for everyone.

Maybe you're right and i just shouldn't have said anything. My bad. Apologies, if necessary.

Beer secrets. LOLZ.

James Ford

« Reply #1244 on: March 27, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »
The key difference is you told me AFTER you visited the store and bought all that you wanted, whereas when I was posting earlier, I had not yet been to the store. Just sayin.  ;)

I told you where I found a second batch of Hopslam after you asked me. Just sayin'...

In other words, check your PMs