Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182122 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1620 on: October 25, 2012, 09:53:37 am »
I think i once ordered some beer and had it sent to my brother as an Xmas gift. Apparently the beer froze and the bottles cracked, or something to that extent. So my one experience was not good.

hve u evr tried online beer sales companies, james.  r there any worth it able to get hard to find beers?  i'm tired of livin n the sticks and want a better selection of beers without going into the city where i will get shot and stabbed. 

i <3 talking like i texting.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1621 on: October 25, 2012, 12:44:22 pm »
ordering beer online = expensive.  might be worth it to you, but don't expect any deals.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1622 on: October 25, 2012, 01:20:44 pm »
i have noticed the $$ of them.  it is worth it to me, seeing how i will drive 2 hours just to buy great selections of beer and thats a lot of gas.  i'm tired of hearing from my local shoppes, "we don't sell enough beer to have any of the hard to find stuff allocated to us." 

James Ford

« Reply #1623 on: October 25, 2012, 01:42:10 pm »
How far away from Wegmans in Gainseville or Whole Foods in Fair Lakes are you?

i have noticed the $$ of them.  it is worth it to me, seeing how i will drive 2 hours just to buy great selections of beer and thats a lot of gas.  i'm tired of hearing from my local shoppes, "we don't sell enough beer to have any of the hard to find stuff allocated to us." 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1624 on: October 25, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »
easy 45 minutes to an hour for both, one way.  sixty six is so boring.  trees and sky.  i need more than trees and sky when i drive.

Yada

« Reply #1625 on: October 26, 2012, 10:05:10 am »
Great deal for folks in the Bethesda area...

https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/476900?ref=conf-jp&rpi=89265070

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1626 on: October 26, 2012, 02:20:31 pm »
i am now the proud owner of six bottles of founders harvest.  bolt cutter and backwoods bastard are in next week.

excuse me . . . while i go play with myself now.

James Ford

« Reply #1627 on: October 26, 2012, 03:44:07 pm »
Ballast Point has landed in MD and DC.

Apparently, Sculpin is available in a six pack for around $15. A little pricey, but third only to Heady Topper and Hopslam among IPA's I've had (and I've had Pliny).

THat's a much better deal than the $9/ 22 oz bomber price we pay in VA.

Hope they bring the six pack to VA.

James Ford

« Reply #1628 on: October 26, 2012, 03:45:20 pm »
I still have three or four Backwoods Bastard's from last year. Debating whether to skip the annual purchase this year.

Looking forward to Bolt Cutter!

i am now the proud owner of six bottles of founders harvest.  bolt cutter and backwoods bastard are in next week.

excuse me . . . while i go play with myself now.

Yada

« Reply #1629 on: October 28, 2012, 03:32:04 pm »
Picked up the last two four packs of Harvest Ale at Rodman's yesterday.  :o :o

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1630 on: October 29, 2012, 08:16:11 am »
i asked what i think was ten stores about harvest.  everyone, and i mean everybody only got one case. six four pack . . . and you are telling me that some idiot owner just let whoever buy whatever of it?  they should never be allowed to sell beer again.  i used to hate the 1 or2 bottle or 1 four pack max buy, but atleast other people get to try the beer.  fuck stores that let you buy two four packs.  fuck them.

Yada

« Reply #1631 on: October 29, 2012, 08:55:52 am »
i asked what i think was ten stores about harvest.  everyone, and i mean everybody only got one case. six four pack . . . and you are telling me that some idiot owner just let whoever buy whatever of it?  they should never be allowed to sell beer again.  i used to hate the 1 or2 bottle or 1 four pack max buy, but atleast other people get to try the beer.  fuck stores that let you buy two four packs.  fuck them.

they went through three cases mr. bitterness.

atomicfront

« Reply #1632 on: October 29, 2012, 11:34:32 am »
I wonder if the beer stores will be open when I get off.  I was going to get some yesterday but as they have a stupid law around here about beer stores being closed on sunday i was shut out.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1633 on: October 29, 2012, 03:11:36 pm »

they went through three cases mr. bitterness.

oh . . . never fucking mind then.   ;)

Yada

« Reply #1634 on: October 29, 2012, 08:28:50 pm »
Scratch Beer 76 - 2012 (Special HOPS) > Harvest Ale >Stoudts Pale Ale > KBS 2012>Founders Breakfast Encore: White Russian.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 09:30:41 pm by Yada »