Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182676 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1815 on: December 18, 2012, 03:31:50 pm »
It later said Tues the 18th on the page.

I'll be at a happy hour somewhere, but not there.

At Meridian Pint tonight:

Saw that.  Website said Friday the 18th but I presumed that was tonight.  Would love to go but can't.

James Ford

« Reply #1816 on: December 20, 2012, 09:30:38 am »
Great news regarding Lagunitas Sucks. Copied and pasted from a Beer Advocate forum:

Sent an email to Lagunitas about the format rumors for Sucks, here's what I got:

You heard right! Lagunitas Sucks returns in the 6ers under a different label design - less holiday cookie, more "we suck". The rumors of 32's are true as well. Although standard bottles are better for the home fridge, the 32's will be good for splitting into two pints everywhere else (restaurants, tail-gating, parties, parks, the moon, wherever). More than that though, the 32's will be good for homebrewers. Since the design is a crown-top, rather than the traditional twist-off style of the 32oz malt liquors on the shelves, the homebrewers will be able to bottle/harvest their brews in quicker and cheaper fashion (homebrewers almost always use the cleaned-out bottles of those beers they buy and drink in the brewing interim and tend to lean towards 22oz bombers for the same quicker/cheaper harvesting end). We'll have both packages available at different times and in different areas - no worries. Enjoy and please remember - we suck.

imbecile

« Reply #1817 on: December 20, 2012, 10:11:49 am »
Great news regarding Lagunitas Sucks. Copied and pasted from a Beer Advocate forum:

Sent an email to Lagunitas about the format rumors for Sucks, here's what I got:

You heard right! Lagunitas Sucks returns in the 6ers under a different label design - less holiday cookie, more "we suck". The rumors of 32's are true as well. Although standard bottles are better for the home fridge, the 32's will be good for splitting into two pints everywhere else (restaurants, tail-gating, parties, parks, the moon, wherever). More than that though, the 32's will be good for homebrewers. Since the design is a crown-top, rather than the traditional twist-off style of the 32oz malt liquors on the shelves, the homebrewers will be able to bottle/harvest their brews in quicker and cheaper fashion (homebrewers almost always use the cleaned-out bottles of those beers they buy and drink in the brewing interim and tend to lean towards 22oz bombers for the same quicker/cheaper harvesting end). We'll have both packages available at different times and in different areas - no worries. Enjoy and please remember - we suck.

Nice.  I had my first Sucks of the season last night actually.  On tap at Iota.  Just as good as I remembered it.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1818 on: December 20, 2012, 11:06:03 am »

less holiday cookie, more "we suck"

Not since Primus has anyone gone so far to acknowledge their awfulness.

I do like this beer (a lot) and look forward to getting my hands on some.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1819 on: December 20, 2012, 12:09:32 pm »
everything lagunitas does is pure fucking gold.

from the quality of beer, price, marketing, and there outspoken owner, it's all just great. 

speaking of which.. what's the price point for a 6-pack of sucks?

K8teebug

« Reply #1820 on: December 20, 2012, 12:18:12 pm »
they are one of my favorite breweries.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1821 on: December 20, 2012, 12:18:40 pm »
everything lag. does tastes the same.  everything.  there is a hint/taste of the same in every flavour.
thats why i prefer north coast brewery and anderson valley brewery now.

stevewizzle

« Reply #1822 on: December 20, 2012, 12:22:08 pm »
ur entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is stupid.

James Ford

« Reply #1823 on: December 20, 2012, 12:23:02 pm »
It was $10 for a sixer last year.

Wouldn't it suck if they doubled the price?

But they won't, all of their stuff is very reasonably priced.

Can't wait for their taproom to open at their new Chicago brewery. Will make the annual visit to Chicago even more fun.

everything lagunitas does is pure fucking gold.

from the quality of beer, price, marketing, and there outspoken owner, it's all just great. 

speaking of which.. what's the price point for a 6-pack of sucks?

James Ford

« Reply #1824 on: December 20, 2012, 12:24:11 pm »
I can't say that i completely disagree, but i see this as a good thing.

there is a hint/taste of the same in every flavour.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1825 on: December 20, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »
ur entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is stupid.

;D

stevewizzle

« Reply #1826 on: December 20, 2012, 01:56:10 pm »
brewing ingredients don't change much from beer to beer, and most breweries use the same water for most of their beers, which is what can provide the most variation of taste in beer. they (edit: lagunitas) happen to have a lot of high-hopped beers, and you probably get the same bitter and hop flavor out of most of them because the water isn't altered from beer to beer.  that's really no different than any other brewery that has a focus on hopped beers (e.g., stone).

James Ford

« Reply #1827 on: December 20, 2012, 05:31:40 pm »
Not sure whether to put this here, or in Dropping like Flies.

Regardless, sad local beer news.

It is our very sad duty to announce to you all that Rick's Wine and Gourmet will be closing.  Due to many factors, including the sale of the shopping complex, December 31st will be our last day. 

It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you all over the last TWENTY plus years.  We aren't closed yet, though!  We have plenty of wine, beer, and gourmet items that can be used for presents or as an adult way to put up with your family! 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1828 on: December 23, 2012, 11:23:47 am »

barf

James Ford

« Reply #1829 on: December 27, 2012, 06:32:51 pm »
Just scored a case of Zombie Dust at the brewery...$35/case, tax included. with two people and a two case limit, guess we could have gotten more...

Didn't have it on draft when we at at the brewpub, but they had enough other stuff to more than satisfy.