Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181700 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1875 on: January 18, 2013, 04:42:03 pm »
atomicfront's taste in beer appears to be in keeping with his taste in music.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #1876 on: January 18, 2013, 05:58:05 pm »
Dear God, please don't let the one decent thread on this message board get atomicfront'd

atomicfront

« Reply #1877 on: January 18, 2013, 06:06:28 pm »

I drink mostly dogfish head, flying dog, and german beers.  Though I drink stuff like smithwicks, guiness, duvel, goose island, magic hat, weyerbacher as well.  I just am not insane about it.   Having to get stuff that is in such high demand that you can't find it and you are upset about it?  THat is just nuts.  And whenver you guys are saying you couldn't get something I always see it at my local store.   No matter how many beers you drink you will never be able to taste everything out there.  

I wonder why you think you have better taste in music than me.  People actually like the music I like.  Yet no one likes the stuff you listen to.  Yet but somehow you think you  have better taste in music than me.  Did you ever think that the reason no one likes the bands you listen to is because they are awful?  That the reason people like the music I listen to is because they are great bands with tons of talent?  

James Ford

« Reply #1878 on: January 18, 2013, 06:32:30 pm »
I think his point was some people like to reach beyond starter beers like Magic Hat #9 and starter bands like Mumford and Sons.

I drink mostly dogfish head, flying dog, and german beers.  Though I drink stuff like smithwicks, guiness, duvel, goose island, magic hat, weyerbacher as well.  I just am not insane about it.   Having to get stuff that is in such high demand that you can't find it and you are upset about it?  THat is just nuts.  And whenver you guys are saying you couldn't get something I always see it at my local store.   No matter how many beers you drink you will never be able to taste everything out there.  

I wonder why you think you have better taste in music than me.  People actually like the music I like.  Yet no one likes the stuff you listen to.  Yet but somehow you think you  have better taste in music than me.  Did you ever think that the reason no one likes the bands you listen to is because they are awful?  That the reason people like the music I listen to is because they are great bands with tons of talent?  

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1879 on: January 18, 2013, 06:33:18 pm »
Having to get stuff that is in such high demand that you can't find it and you are upset about it?  THat is just nuts. 

i agree, it's just nuts.  i don't get upset about it.  more often than not there is a good reason why these beers are hard to find: small production and high demand, the latter being a product of quality (not always, but often).

I wonder why you think you have better taste in music than me.   

i never said that.  but the possibility of such a judgement seems to touch a nerve with you.  are you that insecure about your musical tastes?

Yet no one likes the stuff you listen to. 

really?  what stuff do i listen to?  i haven't posted much on the subject recently, i don't thing you know what i listen too.  and by the way, i don't care what others think of the music i listen to.  i like it.  that's all that matters.  you should try it sometimes.

Yet but somehow you think you  have better taste in music than me. 

again, i never said that my taste is "better" than yours, because the idea of having "better" taste in music is absurd. 

so it's not that i have better taste than yours, it's that your taste in music is objectively bad ;D

Did you ever think that the reason no one likes the bands you listen to is because they are awful?  That the reason people like the music I listen to is because they are great bands with tons of talent? 

i'm just going to quote that line and let it be, for posterity.  it stands on its own quite nicely.

we've been atomicfront'ed!!!
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1880 on: January 18, 2013, 08:18:38 pm »
after a long break from posting my favorite purchases of things i think you should try, here is another list of what i feel are highlights from the last few months of buying.

new holland    golden cap
blue mountain   local species
brooklyn  local 2
duclaw    mysterium
anderson valley   heelch o'hops
troegs   perpetual ipa
great divide   hibernation ale
goose island   christmas ale (sold in supermarket stores and not bad)
chatoe rogue   first growth  oregasmic ale
firestone   wooky jack
firestone   xvi  anniversary ale
founders   frangelic mountain
stone  vertical epic  twelve  (had one already and they are very nice)

plus the worst beer i've had in a long time . . . marooned on hog island  oyster stout
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 08:20:26 pm by walkonby »

James Ford

« Reply #1881 on: January 19, 2013, 08:03:01 pm »
Had a Stone Enjoy By 2-15-13 IPA (bottled on 1-11-13) with my homemade Indian food for dinner tonight. Yum yum, yum.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1882 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:54 am »
GO RAVENS!!!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1883 on: January 20, 2013, 11:24:12 am »
i checked all three threads just to make sure, jeff. 

yeah . . . go ravens.

James Ford

« Reply #1884 on: January 20, 2013, 02:57:06 pm »
Why do the mouth breathing masses always gravitate toward the garbage?

I was in Total Wine yesterday, and out of all the good singles they had, a girl picked up a bottle of Shock Top End of the World Midnight Wheat, an ale brewed with Midnight Wheat, chocolate malt and spice.

"Oooh, Shock Top! Oooh chocolate and chili, you wouldn't think those would go together but thinking about it, that works for me. The more i drink beer, the less I dislike it."

Friend of girl: "Beer's an acquired taste you know."

"Yeah, well there's always white russians."

stevewizzle

« Reply #1885 on: January 21, 2013, 10:27:44 am »
Had a Stone Enjoy By 2-15-13 IPA (bottled on 1-11-13) with my homemade Indian food for dinner tonight. Yum yum, yum.

had one last night, delicious brew. 

also had a rodenbach 2010 vintage oak aged ale, which, if i was rich, i would have a bottle of this in my fridge at all times.

gotta start somewhere, i suppose.

atomicfront

« Reply #1886 on: January 21, 2013, 11:10:27 am »

I was in Total Wine yesterday, and out of all the good singles they had, a girl picked up a bottle of Shock Top End of the World Midnight Wheat, an ale brewed with Midnight Wheat, chocolate malt and spice.

"Oooh, Shock Top! Oooh chocolate and chili, you wouldn't think those would go together but thinking about it, that works for me. The more i drink beer, the less I dislike it."

Friend of girl: "Beer's an acquired taste you know."

"Yeah, well there's always white russians."

White Russians are pretty tasty. 

I had my first beer I brewed myself last night. Pretty awesome tasting.  It was an Oktoberfest beer.  It was from Hopped Malt Extract so pretty easy not to mess it up. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1887 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:34 am »
I had my first beer I brewed myself last night. Pretty awesome tasting.  It was an Oktoberfest beer.  It was from Hopped Malt Extract so pretty easy not to mess it up. 

congrats on your first batch! 

next up: steeping grains and adding your own hops.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1888 on: January 21, 2013, 11:38:22 am »
"Oooh, Shock Top!"

I have a friend who is the same way with Sam Adams.  Thinks everything they do is golden.  The beers he left in my fridge will go untouched until he returns to drink them.

James Ford

« Reply #1889 on: January 21, 2013, 11:52:59 am »
I can respect Sam Adams products though I don't typically buy them. Shock Top is Anheiser Busch swill.

"Oooh, Shock Top!"

I have a friend who is the same way with Sam Adams.  Thinks everything they do is golden.  The beers he left in my fridge will go untouched until he returns to drink them.