Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181281 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2160 on: March 12, 2013, 07:05:57 pm »
Totally agree. Wish Sucks would go to year round ina six pack.

Hopslam is good, but not worth $25 a six pack. The beer store on P Street in Dupont was selling one bottle for $8. For the money and taste, Lagunitas Sucks is the best DIPA out there...$9 a six pack.

i like this guy.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2161 on: March 12, 2013, 09:44:48 pm »
Had a couple of these the other night at Seacrets. Not bad at all for $2.50 a can!

atomicfront

« Reply #2163 on: March 15, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2164 on: March 15, 2013, 03:54:11 pm »
The perfect size bottle for a beer tasting group, otherwise I'm not a fan at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/dining/craft-beers-trend-toward-larger-bottles-causes-a-stir.html

Craft Beer?s Larger Aspirations Cause a Stir

response from garrett oliver, head brewer at brooklyn brewery:
http://www.craftbeer.com/brewers_banter/wine-ification-of-beer-article-just-sour-grapes
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2165 on: March 15, 2013, 05:29:07 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2166 on: March 15, 2013, 05:40:25 pm »
This beer week in DC is turning out to be outrageous...

seriously.  i fear that i'll be going out every night that week.  gotta grab it while ya can.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2167 on: March 15, 2013, 05:47:48 pm »
in case you have vegan friends over and wonder if you can serve them a given beer:
http://www.barnivore.com/beer

certain animal products, like gelatine and isinglass, can be used to clarify a beer so any brew that contains them shouldn't be served (technically there are only microscopic traces left in the finished product but most vegans will object to their use).  honey is also out for vegans.

or, alternately, get new friends ;D
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #2168 on: March 15, 2013, 07:13:35 pm »
I sure picked the wrong week to take that Virgin Islands vacation. I'll be drinking Sierra Nevada products, if I'm lucky.

This beer week in DC is turning out to be outrageous...

http://www.eatyourpizza.com/three-floyds-surly-assume-command-of-all-beer-taps-at-dupont-circle-on-328/

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #2169 on: March 15, 2013, 11:28:02 pm »
Had a successful tasting session last night: Heady Topper, Zombie Dust, Great Lakes Alchemy Hour, and BCBS Cherry Rye.

Kind of wish I didn't pour the Heady Topper into the glass. Tasted great but the appearance is, um, interesting. I actually enjoyed Zombie Dust the best over Heady and Alchemy Hour. Meanwhile, Cherry Rye is just perfection. Second time I've had it, and now super depressed that I kicked my last bottle. At least I have two bottles of BCBS Coffee still in the cellar (aka my bedroom closet).

James Ford

« Reply #2170 on: March 16, 2013, 11:42:09 am »
At what point in the proceedings did you pass out?

:o
Had a successful tasting session last night: Heady Topper, Zombie Dust, Great Lakes Alchemy Hour, and BCBS Cherry Rye.

Kind of wish I didn't pour the Heady Topper into the glass. Tasted great but the appearance is, um, interesting. I actually enjoyed Zombie Dust the best over Heady and Alchemy Hour. Meanwhile, Cherry Rye is just perfection. Second time I've had it, and now super depressed that I kicked my last bottle. At least I have two bottles of BCBS Coffee still in the cellar (aka my bedroom closet).

Sieve-Fisted

« Reply #2171 on: March 16, 2013, 01:29:17 pm »

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #2172 on: March 16, 2013, 07:38:57 pm »
Heh, split it with my friend (who brought over the Heady and Zombie Dust). Going to visit my parents this weekend. Still have a few bottles of Founders Imperial Stout and a Firestone Parabola in their fridge that I need to bring back down.

At what point in the proceedings did you pass out?

:o

James Ford

« Reply #2173 on: March 18, 2013, 09:55:45 am »
Stopped for a beer at Max's in Baltimore last night before the DBT/Old 97's show. 102 taps of goodness and greatness In the 20 minutes I was seated at the bar drinking a draft from De Struisse, five drinks were ordered over my shoulder.

Two Bud Lights
One Miller Light
One Natty Boh
One Fox Barrel Cider

Oh well, I guess it was the second biggest douchebag night of the year...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2174 on: March 18, 2013, 10:10:44 am »
i went to a restaurant once, high end you know, and they only had fine beer on the menu.  my friend asked the waiter, what do you do if somebody just wants a bud light or something.  the waiter told us, "we would throw them out."  good tip for him that evening.