Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181713 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2400 on: April 10, 2013, 08:17:06 pm »
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Guinness, Stella, and Amstel Light were served at my wedding. Best wedding ever!!

i'd say you're batting .500 at best there... ;D
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #2401 on: April 11, 2013, 09:20:26 am »
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale, Guinness, Stella, and Amstel Light were served at my wedding. Best wedding ever!!

Other than Amstel Light, I thoroughly enjoy all of those beers. Also, we didn't have the option to pick absolutely any beer we wanted. These were the best options IMO.

atomicfront

« Reply #2402 on: April 11, 2013, 09:58:35 am »

Other than Amstel Light, I thoroughly enjoy all of those beers. Also, we didn't have the option to pick absolutely any beer we wanted. These were the best options IMO.

What is wrong with Amstel Light?  What mass produced light beer, that is readily available here, is better than Amstel?

James Ford

« Reply #2403 on: April 11, 2013, 10:02:49 am »
There is no such thing as a good mass produced light beer. In' a pinch i'd have to say Guinness.

If you're concerned about calories, drink low 6% or less abv beers, drink less of them, and do aerobic exercise daily.

I know you put no stock in what beer advocate reviewers say, but Sam Adams Light scores respectably. Is that considered mass produced?

http://beeradvocate.com/lists/style/39

What is wrong with Amstel Light?  What mass produced light beer, that is readily available here, is better than Amstel?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:07:10 am by James Ford »

stevewizzle

« Reply #2404 on: April 11, 2013, 10:04:32 am »
pbr is better, cheaper, and you're not supporting terrorists.

James Ford

« Reply #2405 on: April 11, 2013, 10:09:23 am »
it's garbage

atomicfront

« Reply #2406 on: April 11, 2013, 10:09:37 am »

PBR is the worst beer made.  And PBR isn't a brewing company.  They buy up breweries and then shut them down.  And Miller makes their swill for them.. If you honestly think PBR is better than even Bud light you should probably stop posting in this thread.

James Ford

« Reply #2407 on: April 11, 2013, 10:13:40 am »
Just for fun, Beer Advocate scores:

PBR 70
Amstel Light 57
Bud Light 47

PBR is the worst beer made.  And PBR isn't a brewing company.  They buy up breweries and then shut them down.  And Miller makes their swill for them.. If you honestly think PBR is better than even Bud light you should probably stop posting in this thread.

atomicfront

« Reply #2408 on: April 11, 2013, 10:16:00 am »
Just for fun, Beer Advocate scores:

PBR 70
Amstel Light 57
Bud Light 47

Shows herd mentality.  PBR has paid hipsters to go into bars and order PBR.   Evidently that hasn't worked in Baltimore because I see next to no one drinking the swill.  So PBR worked on marketing Nattie Bo in Baltimore to get some market share. 

I am sure if had PBR at my wedding no one would have drank any. Might as well get Milwaukees Best Light.

stevewizzle

« Reply #2409 on: April 11, 2013, 10:19:56 am »
hey, they won a blue ribbon for beer! at least it's made in 'mericuh, with a share of money goin' to thouse hardworkin' freedom-loving patrons at the miller breweries.  

and yes, i think pbr is miles better than bud light. different strokes for different folks.

two wonderful beers i had at pizza p last night:
-carlsberg carnegie porter
-oxbox freestyle #30 - a sour saison that's worth going out of your way for.

K8teebug

« Reply #2410 on: April 11, 2013, 10:21:32 am »
They won a blue ribbon at the world's fair in Chicago in 1893. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #2411 on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:47 am »

what awards did bud light win that year?

James Ford

« Reply #2412 on: April 11, 2013, 10:26:46 am »
Does it make me a beer geek that I work near Union Station and am going to the Nats game afterwork but am making a point of going to Smoke And Barrel (in Adams Morgan) for beer and dinner (half price on all vegan options) tonight?

atomicfront

« Reply #2413 on: April 11, 2013, 10:27:30 am »

I am sure there are no similarities between the beer that won the blue ribbon and the beer that is sold now.  I was reading something about how PBR bought schlitz and how they then shut them down and then did their typical have Miller brew it for them.  And of course they lost all market share.  So they were trying to see if they could brew it to somewhat resemble actual schlitz beer but they couldn't find the recipe.  

Anyone who cares about beer won't buy PBR.  You might complain about IN Bev but atleast they own breweries.  And their beer doesn't double as a laxative like PBR marketed beers.

James Ford

« Reply #2414 on: April 11, 2013, 10:28:57 am »
I can honestly say I don't know that i've drank a single Bud Light in my 24 post-college years.