Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182238 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2460 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50:16 am »

how much is a bottle of sucuba retailing for?

and please, please, please let me know if you find parabola.  need me some of that.

Bought the Sucuba for $14.50. Parabola should be coming out shorty - I had a bottle a few weeks ago that was aged for about a year. Well worth the wait.

A friend surprised me with a bottle of Sucuba last night...Oh.My.God.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2461 on: April 19, 2013, 10:09:07 am »
Oh, and this.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2462 on: April 19, 2013, 10:10:25 am »
so grateful, you admit to being intolerable... ;D
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2463 on: April 19, 2013, 10:34:43 am »
so grateful, you admit to being intolerable... ;D

Did I mention the Sucaba?

Yada

« Reply #2464 on: April 21, 2013, 06:00:42 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #2465 on: April 21, 2013, 06:15:31 pm »
An African-American craft beer loving hophead named Dylan. Sweet.

Sometimes the comments sections are the most entertaining parts of the videos:

Try a Canadian beer yea pussies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsci--s8J48&sns=em

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 06:34:04 pm by James Ford »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

Yada

James Ford

« Reply #2468 on: April 23, 2013, 11:31:20 am »
Founders Doom on draft at Churchkey at 4pm today.

atomicfront

« Reply #2469 on: April 23, 2013, 11:33:29 am »
Had Goose Island Urban Wheat at the game last night.  Not the best.

James Ford

« Reply #2470 on: April 23, 2013, 12:00:18 pm »
Should have checked these, lol.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/goose-island-312-urban-wheat-ale/30913/

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1146/17141

I've found most of Goose Island's everday stuff to be pretty mediocre. Their Belgians and special releases are very good to excellent though.

Had Goose Island Urban Wheat at the game last night.  Not the best.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2471 on: April 23, 2013, 12:19:38 pm »
"On March 28, 2011, Goose Island announced that it will sell its 58% stake in Fulton Street Brewery LLC (the legal name of Goose Island Brewing) to distribution partner Anheuser-Busch. The remaining 42% stake, owned by Craft Brewers Alliance LLC, is also to be purchased by Anheuser-Busch."

coincidence that they suck?

James Ford

« Reply #2472 on: April 23, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »
I think the regular stuff has always sucked (well ranged from sucky to mediocre). ((My wife is from Chicago, so my Goose Island famliarity goes way back.)

I think the reason that they're on draft at a ballpark in Baltimore and were the only "craft" beer on draft (aside from a Sam Adams brewhouse and it's debateably whether they are craft) when I was recently in the Miami airport are for exactly the reasons you cite.

"On March 28, 2011, Goose Island announced that it will sell its 58% stake in Fulton Street Brewery LLC (the legal name of Goose Island Brewing) to distribution partner Anheuser-Busch. The remaining 42% stake, owned by Craft Brewers Alliance LLC, is also to be purchased by Anheuser-Busch."

atomicfront

« Reply #2473 on: April 23, 2013, 12:31:33 pm »
I think the regular stuff has always sucked (well ranged from sucky to mediocre). ((My wife is from Chicago, so my Goose Island famliarity goes way back.)

I think the reason that they're on draft at a ballpark in Baltimore and were the only "craft" beer on draft (aside from a Sam Adams brewhouse and it's debateably whether they are craft) when I was recently in the Miami airport are for exactly the reasons you cite.

And most likely the reason they have leffe, hoegarden, and stella on draft. So Interbev buying every beer in the world has some positives.

James Ford

« Reply #2474 on: April 23, 2013, 12:36:52 pm »
Those three beers combine for a .333 batting average in my book. And although Hoegaarden gets a hit, it's definitely a bloop single.

Leffe Brune is very good though.

And most likely the reason they have leffe, hoegarden, and stella on draft. So Interbev buying every beer in the world has some positives.