Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3206408 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8100 on: April 12, 2017, 08:55:22 am »
Heritage Brewing is opening tonight people!!!!
sounds pretty good...
18 taps offering a wide variety of only the freshest craft beer inside our Clarendon taproom. From sours to barleywines, we offer ales from our brewhouse on site, or our flagship brewery Heritage Brewing co. in Manassas. One tap is dedicated to featured local breweries and collaborations. Our cellar consists of our own barrel-aged, limited release, and sour bottled beers which are available in house and to-go, along with six packs and fresh filled crowlers.

Edit...didn't realize that Heritage was pretty available locally and haven't been too impressed, but this still sounds pretty good

I was quite intoxicated when I read this thread last night but could've sworn I saw my name somewhere in this here post... but yeah, terrible beer brah.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #8101 on: April 12, 2017, 09:54:27 am »
Heritage sucks. Their IPA is called "Freedom Isn't Free". I bet they all voted Trump.

Greetings from Asheville, y'all. The Funkatorium is awesome. Live bluegrass tonight. How's the Craft Brewers Conference events going?

Be sure to hit up Chai Pani and Biscuithead. Actually went to the latter twice for breakfast because the food is amazing and dirt cheap compared to what you would get in DC.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8102 on: April 12, 2017, 12:41:55 pm »
looks like KBS has just hit maryland, no idea if it's in DC or VA yet.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8103 on: April 12, 2017, 12:44:53 pm »
and magruder's has parabola.  sip of sunshine last week.  all hell is breaking loose around here.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8104 on: April 12, 2017, 01:23:34 pm »
looks like KBS has just hit maryland, no idea if it's in DC or VA yet.

It's already come and gone in DC in the past few weeks... It was still shelf turding it up at one location as of yesterday.

« Reply #8105 on: April 12, 2017, 10:52:40 pm »
Heritage Brewing is opening tonight people!!!!
Edit...didn't realize that Heritage was pretty available locally and haven't been too impressed,

I was quite intoxicated when I read this thread last night but could've sworn I saw my name somewhere in this here post... but yeah, terrible beer brah.
it was...but then I realized who the brewery was and knew I'd agree with you that they suck as I've actually tried them
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8106 on: April 13, 2017, 05:33:40 pm »
HALLE-FUCKING-LUJAH.  there is hope for MD:

Maryland Has A Craft Beer Hero: Comptroller To Form Regulatory Task Force

?The events of the 2017 legislative session are further confirmation that Maryland?s beer laws are antiquated, dysfunctional, anti-small business and anti-consumer,? said Comptroller Franchot, who made the announcement during a visit to Attaboy Beer, which opened in January as one of the newest entrants into Frederick?s flourishing craft beer community. ?This task force will examine national practices, beer laws of neighboring states, and will study ways we can remove statutory impediments that hurt Maryland?s beer industry.?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #8107 on: April 14, 2017, 02:30:44 pm »
At heartland brewery....gonna try the award winning farmer johns...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8108 on: April 14, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
What's the best Asian beer? 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8109 on: April 14, 2017, 03:11:54 pm »
What's the best Asian beer? 

supposedly there is a small craft brewery scene in hong kong, and one or two places in other big cities like taipai, singapour, shanghai, new delhi... but otherwise, it's 99.9% boring industrial lager.  asia's beer scene is... embryonic.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8110 on: April 14, 2017, 03:12:18 pm »
or was that a typo, and you meant "Aslan"?
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #8111 on: April 14, 2017, 03:54:50 pm »
#cbc17 #liverfailure  >:(

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8112 on: April 14, 2017, 03:56:28 pm »
I'm imbibing some Veil DIPA right now on this decent Friday. This beer. This damn beer.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #8113 on: April 14, 2017, 04:51:35 pm »
Heartland indiana pale ale

Space Freely

« Reply #8114 on: April 14, 2017, 08:35:01 pm »
Heritage sucks. Their IPA is called "Freedom Isn't Free". I bet they all voted Trump.

Greetings from Asheville, y'all. The Funkatorium is awesome. Live bluegrass tonight. How's the Craft Brewers Conference events going?

Be sure to hit up Chai Pani and Biscuithead. Actually went to the latter twice for breakfast because the food is amazing and dirt cheap compared to what you would get in DC.

We did hit Chai Pani but not the latter. What a wealth of good eats and beer and hiking and entertainment on that vacation. I'm not getting on a scale for a couple of weeks. I won't bother typing it all out, but if anyone is going to Asheville and wants tips on Asheville, Western NC, or the Blue Ridge, pm me.