Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3213924 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8355 on: July 27, 2017, 08:53:17 pm »
I feel like to be a top brewery in the country, you need to have a steady amount of amazing beers that are released continuously/consistently. I don't think Lawson's would be on that list personally. They have sip which is an OG NE IPA, but other than that sporadic releases.

I could see Veil on there.

I used to love New Glarus but the last few times I've had their fruit beers, they've just been a bit too sweet.

Russian River should be on that list for sure.

I might add Firestone Walker to that list as well. Their barrel aged beers and sours are top notch, their IPA are tasty (when fresh), and they make a wide range of beers and have no major weaknesses (except getting fresh product to market on time.)

won't be getting anymore of my $$$

http://www.independent.com/news/2017/may/03/firestone-beer-maker-donates-250000-trump/

Wow, that's really unfortunate. Wish i hadn't seen that. I'll be joining you.

herman otto

« Reply #8356 on: July 30, 2017, 08:39:08 pm »
had a nice beer weekend.  I don't drink that much, or buy that often, but when I do, I like to do the best I can in my limited knowledge of the . . . craft.

pen druid brewery  -  four 750ml bottle of Laertes (Barrel fermented Sour with Viognier Grapes from Rappahannock Cellers)  6.8%

boulevard love child # 8  -  since I had on tap, I thought I would buy a bottle of it.

perennial  hopfentea   really like this beer, so I thought sure another bottle would be nice before it goes away.

cascade -  2015 Sang Du Chene   Can't wait to open this on a special occasion.

vansmack

« Reply #8357 on: August 03, 2017, 11:35:38 am »
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8358 on: August 03, 2017, 07:27:42 pm »
Omg space dust. You guys! Space!Dust!

Space Freely

« Reply #8359 on: August 04, 2017, 09:43:08 am »

ABInbev.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8360 on: August 04, 2017, 10:32:04 am »

Space Freely

« Reply #8361 on: August 04, 2017, 12:54:19 pm »

ABInbev.

You mean its not good?  :'(

I didn't mean that. I've had it. I though it was good, though not a standout in a crowded marketplace, imo. Elysian is owned by ABInbev, which many object to. YMMV.

« Reply #8362 on: August 07, 2017, 04:46:29 pm »
The Eclipse is giving me good cover to make a trip to Ashville (1 hour from the direct path)
slack

« Reply #8363 on: August 09, 2017, 11:52:48 am »
Brewiety
We are more than excited to announce that our next shipment is coming from the one and only Hill Farmstead Brewery! We will be sending out three different styles all in 750 ML bottles. It looks like we will be closing sign ups after this weekend so if you have ever wanted to try Hill Farmstead, now is your chance. Don't hesitate or you will miss your opportunity to have Hill Farmstead delivered direct to you.

It'll set you back $50 for three bottles
slack

Yada

« Reply #8364 on: August 09, 2017, 12:23:30 pm »
Brewiety
We are more than excited to announce that our next shipment is coming from the one and only Hill Farmstead Brewery! We will be sending out three different styles all in 750 ML bottles. It looks like we will be closing sign ups after this weekend so if you have ever wanted to try Hill Farmstead, now is your chance. Don't hesitate or you will miss your opportunity to have Hill Farmstead delivered direct to you.

Did you hear that sound? That was Space pounding his desk in anger!

Also... assume $10 for shipping plus a buck or two mark up for bombers, it's actually a great deal for gneubs that have never had a HF bottle. I'm assuming you're getting the shelfies.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 12:25:43 pm by Yada »

« Reply #8365 on: August 09, 2017, 01:54:13 pm »
Brewiety

Also... assume $10 for shipping plus a buck or two mark up for bombers, it's actually a great deal for gneubs that have never had a HF bottle. I'm assuming you're getting the shelfies.
$50 includes the shipping...so really only $16.50 a bomber of stuff that is pretty much impossible to get with out a 15 hour drive and wait in a line
so doesn't pass the space test...not a truly horrible deal

Brewity doesn't have a lot of details, but they stress that Freshness is really important and they some times get special batches made just for them

Also says you can cancel at anytime

I still a n00b in the bear world...what's a shelfie?
slack

Yada

« Reply #8366 on: August 09, 2017, 01:57:19 pm »
Brewiety

$50 includes the shipping...so really only $16.50 a bomber of stuff that is pretty much impossible to get with out a 15 hour drive and wait in a line

Brewity doesn't have a lot of details, but they stress that Freshness is really important and they some times get special batches made just for them

Yes, exactly... $50 is a good deal is what I'm saying.

The "shelfies" (beer you can just get off the shelf at HF or possibly some corner stores in VT) are roughly $10 to $12 a bottle (Anna, Arthur, Dorothy, etc.) So $50 all in isn't bad for three bottles of beer that are world class and you've never tried (unless you're space), then this is a god awful deal.

Also, no lines for shelfies at HF.

Space Freely

« Reply #8367 on: August 09, 2017, 02:13:12 pm »
Brewiety

$16.67.

Only a 15 hour drive if you're going there from South Carolina.

« Reply #8368 on: August 09, 2017, 02:40:49 pm »
Only a 15 hour drive if you're going there from South Carolina.
so no food/pee/gas or sightseeing breaks?
it's 10 hours door to door if your lucky and then a few hour wait when you get there
so I stand by my 15 hour estimate

then you have to go home...so $16.67 sounds like a good deal to me
slack

hutch

« Reply #8369 on: August 09, 2017, 04:21:02 pm »
Battle of the "thrifty"