Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182892 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8760 on: March 21, 2018, 11:07:30 am »
I'm using this opportunity to petition him to change his username to $pa¢e Freely.

it's been while since i've had the opportunity to use this in the proper context, so here goes:

¢o-$igned.
FTFY
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8761 on: March 21, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »
I'm using this opportunity to petition him to change his username to $pa¢e Freely.

it's been while since i've had the opportunity to use this in the proper context, so here goes:

¢o-$igned.
FTFY

thank$
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #8762 on: March 23, 2018, 04:21:54 pm »
Hey Yada-

Did you notice the Victory Cherry Gose in cans this year?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8763 on: March 24, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #8764 on: March 24, 2018, 01:36:12 pm »
IMP Brewey

Yada

« Reply #8765 on: March 26, 2018, 06:04:20 pm »
Hey Yada-

Did you notice the Victory Cherry Gose in cans this year?

I did not know this, but I look forward to drinking many! Thanks for the heads up.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8766 on: April 02, 2018, 11:49:34 am »
these are the tasty beers, that i have had recently . . . meaning in the past, two months.

Deschutes  red chair nwpa

Ballast Point  sour wench

Perennial  Sump

Troegs  First Cut

Stone   Enjoy by 4/20, on tap growler

Wicked Weed  La Bonte

Wicked Weed  Ferme de Chien

Cascade  2015  Manhattan NW

Clown Shoes  Galactica DIPA

3 Stars Sonic Hummingbird  dry hopped DIPA

now a question . . . I have a Firestone 2018 Sucaba.  I have never had it before.  Do I, drink it now, or store it?

Yada

« Reply #8767 on: April 02, 2018, 11:54:59 am »

now a question . . . I have a Firestone 2018 Sucaba.  I have never had it before.  Do I, drink it now, or store it?

You stop buying Firestone as it's overpriced, mediocre, and they make donations to Drumpf.

« Reply #8768 on: April 02, 2018, 01:47:29 pm »
Stone   Enjoy by 4/20, on tap growler
Found this in Cans last week and seems like a pretty good deal on the Space beer oz-to-$ ratio (compared to buying bombers)

although, wasn't really that impressed
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8769 on: April 02, 2018, 01:54:33 pm »

You stop buying Firestone as it's overpriced, mediocre, and they make donations to Drumpf.

I, don't care that they donate to Trump or do whatever they want to with their money, because it's their money, but if the beer isn't any good then well then there's that.

« Reply #8770 on: April 02, 2018, 02:02:56 pm »

I, don't care that they donate to Trump or do whatever they want to with their money, because it's their money, but if the beer isn't any good then well then there's that.
Gotta agree with Walky on this one...

Does this mean I need to stop drinking Stoli and watching RT?

slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8771 on: April 02, 2018, 03:26:24 pm »
I hit six breweries in Florida and four in South Carolina on our Spring Break road trip. When I get caught up on other things, I'll tell y'all about it.

So embarrassing to drive up 95 and hit a big Confederate flag proudly waving in VA followed by that horrible cigarette. At least there was an "End the NRA" billboard a couple miles later.

And in case anyone is looking for a place to retire:

https://www.retiretowhiteville.com/

hutch

« Reply #8772 on: April 02, 2018, 03:51:21 pm »
Walkie is inconsistent as he railed against chick fil a and my eating there...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8773 on: April 02, 2018, 04:57:09 pm »

they taste really good fresh (bourbon more up-front, a little more alcohol heat), and taste really really good with some age (bourbon fades a bit, becomes a little sweeter, more dark fruit notes).  so depends what you prefer, how patient you are, how many you have on hand, etc.  the ideal-yet-corny answer is "both" - drink one now, and age some too.

i distinctly remember a few years back, when we used to have boardee bottle share parties, brennser brought two sucabas that were 5+ years old and they melted my face.  when i moved, i cleared out my beer collection by 90% cause i didn't want to move that many bottles.  sucaba was one of the few left standing, along with cantillon, 3F, and a few others.

FW is damn expensive, but they are one of the brands that will get me to pay that price.  i've tried plenty of barrel-aged beers and FW remains the standard-bearer for me.  FW's BBA'ed beers are one of the few "classics" that i haven't grown tired of.  also, that consistency

yada, what are you go-to BBA'ed beers?
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8774 on: April 02, 2018, 05:07:16 pm »
this weekend i found a bomber of KBS for $17 at costco.  i got a bunch of more interesting bottles but decided to grab one KBS just to see what's it's like these days - haven't had it in a few years.  i full expect to be a tad disappointed and will kick myself for not having grabbed another more interesting beer like the Freakcake with brett...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7tz34XZdNN7O0Nv32 (too lazy to re-post then embed...)
<sig>