Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182262 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8820 on: April 23, 2018, 12:51:48 pm »
hopefully you tried the Atrial Rubicite... incredible beer.

It was excellent but not mind-blowing (that pretty much sums up all we tried.) Honestly, if you had told me that it was a fruited gose or berliner made by the Veil or the Answer, I wouldn't have questioned it.

The whole thing was very well run. We got there 30 mins after opening and never encountered a line. I should first went for the Monkish DIPA's, as they sold out first and we didn't get any...but no biggie.

Space Freely

« Reply #8821 on: May 17, 2018, 11:33:30 am »

« Reply #8822 on: May 17, 2018, 12:29:46 pm »
^although he had major disdain for NYC
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8823 on: May 17, 2018, 03:48:02 pm »
didn't he hate IPAs? 
<sig>

Bagley

« Reply #8825 on: May 22, 2018, 11:31:59 am »
Crowlers are great, such a needed addition to craft beer

I often go somewhere and want to take just a few items home...and of course didn't have the foresight to bring my filthy growler with it's nasty cap

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8826 on: May 22, 2018, 11:59:22 am »

I often go somewhere and want to take just a few items home...and of course didn't have the foresight to bring my filthy growler with it's nasty cap

instead of using up a bunch of aluminium and energy, why not spend a moment to clean that nasty growler? 

"why re-use something we already have, when we can consume something new!!!"

(yes, i'm aware that crowlers can be recycled... cleaning a growler is the better enviro option by a long-shot.)

back to your regularly-scheduled consumer fetishism.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8827 on: May 22, 2018, 01:14:22 pm »

instead of using up a bunch of aluminium and energy, why not spend a moment to clean that nasty growler? 

"why re-use something we already have, when we can consume something new!!!"

(yes, i'm aware that crowlers can be recycled... cleaning a growler is the better enviro option by a long-shot.)

back to your regularly-scheduled consumer fetishism.

Primarily because many brewers round these parts will only supply crowlers, not growler fills. They also last a lot longer.

K8teebug

« Reply #8828 on: May 22, 2018, 04:10:40 pm »
I like the crowler option. I'm not always ready to drink an entire growler, and my husband doensn't drink IPAs...

Anyone been to Cushwa Brewery? Checking it out this weekend.

Yada

« Reply #8829 on: May 22, 2018, 05:00:28 pm »
I like the crowler option. I'm not always ready to drink an entire growler, and my husband doensn't drink IPAs...

Anyone been to Cushwa Brewery? Checking it out this weekend.

I've been... A few pretty outstanding hazy IPAs, the rest were pretty meh.

Space Freely

Yada

Space Freely

« Reply #8834 on: May 29, 2018, 02:00:28 pm »
https://articles.nola.com/environment/index.ssf/2018/05/six-pack_rings_that_feed_sea_t.amp

Also... insert....

*savor events are better than the event itself*

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://brightestyoungthings.com/articles/draft-picks-savor-2018&sa=D&source=hangouts&ust=1527695333939000&usg=AFQjCNEo_qTVSLw_BZ9zFdOHUJlWQxKGjg

So what events/side events are you (or anyone) going to?

If any, most likely something at MP. Closest to my house, least crowded. You?

Maybe Brookland Pint tomorrow, since it's a quick Metro ride from work. Maybe some of the Craft Beer Cellar events since it's a quick walk from work. Maybe Churchkey Friday since I like to occasionally leave work early on a Friday to go drink beer. Friday is also my wife's birthday, and though she has no interest in driving into DC on her telework day to drink beer (and doesn't like the food at CK), I have to make it appear that I'm not having too much fun without her on her birthday (before going home and taking her to dinner in the burbs.) I hope she does not read this thread.

MP does have some nice offerings, but they're probably the least convenient for me!