Author Topic: Songs featuring ships or boats  (Read 74348 times)

Bombay Chutney

Re: Songs featuring ships or boats
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 01:01:00 pm »
Originally posted by MindCage:
  Ship of Fools - Robert Plant

Ship of Fools - Grateful Dead

Sir HC

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 01:03:00 pm »
Wooden Ships Jefferson Airplane/CSN

mankie

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2003, 01:04:00 pm »
I thought this would be one of the first, Yellow Submarine.

allmy$to930

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2003, 01:06:00 pm »
"The Ship Song"-Nick Cave

"Spanish Main"-The Coral

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2003, 01:10:00 pm »
"Nautical Disaster" by The Tragically Hip
😐 🎶

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2003, 01:16:00 pm »
Why do you feel the need to insultingly interject my name into a thread that I haven't even posted on? Who are you, Mankie? It's not like I go on every thread and mention what a weird dipshit you are.

Originally posted by Dupek Chopra:

Originally posted by chaz:
  That song cracks me up.
It really did crack them up too, poor bastards.  That song is required playing on Upper Michigan radio...must be played every hour no matter the format.  If I was Rhett I'd get all indignent now about how insensate you are, "What if the relatives of those poor mariners are reading this bboard, etc..?" [/b]

bungle bud

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 01:21:00 pm »
ships-big country

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2003, 01:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Why do you feel the need to insultingly interject my name into a thread that I haven't even posted on? Who are you, Mankie? It's not like I go on every thread and mention what a weird dipshit you are.

He's got a point Dupek.  You are kind of a wierd dipshit.  Now if you'll excuse me while I go post that in few other threads....

Sir HC

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2003, 01:56:00 pm »
  Nantucket Sleighride, by Mountain
Must be different than the one by The Phantom Surfers...

J'Mal

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2003, 02:05:00 pm »
Ship of Fools, World Party

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2003, 05:03:00 pm »
So then, are you intimating something via this comment?  At least I never stoop to your level and fling rude epithets about  higgledy-piggledy.  I have never poo-pooed your poor choice of formal secondary education at a state teachers college, have I?  I never bemoaned your grandfather's ordeal survivng the great depression, giving blowjobs to Woody Guthrie while living underneath a highway overpass.

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2003, 05:10:00 pm »
I'm just saying you have talked 10 times the shit about me that I ever have of you. It seems you feel the need to throw in a condescending remark about me (ala Mankie) on just about any thread you can at any time you feel like it. I don't recall ever attacking you personally, except for the time you were being an asshole regarding the death of Johnny Cash.

So then, are you intimating something via this comment?  At least I never stoop to your level and fling rude epithets about  higgledy-piggledy.  I never poo-poo your poor choice of formal secondary education at a state teachers college, do I?  I have never bemoaned your grandfather's ordeal survivng the great depression by living underneath a highway overpass and giving blowjobs to Woody Guthrie, have I? [/b]

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2003, 05:23:00 pm »

paige

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2003, 05:27:00 pm »
"yellow submarine"

...after all it is a U-Boat, right?

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2003, 05:33:00 pm »
I'll accept the olive branch.

And I'll try to be less sensitive to barbs coming from people who don't know me, or just know me from this board.

I know some of the stuff I say, i just say it to get  a charge out of people, I certainly don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings on a personal level.

I called Mankie and you both asswads today, ferchrissake!

I suppose I could be an archivist and dredge up tons of posts in the past you authored titled "The Bombay Doors Blows Goats" & "Bombay Doors Blows Donkeys for a nickel."  

Or examples where your reply to me was, "Fuck You!" or "Fuck You Asshole!"

But I won't.  Perhaps you're right Rhett.  I'll admit it.  I can be an asshole.  

So let me use this post to extend and olive branch.  Let's bury the hatchet, okay.  

(P.S. You still will be open to the occasional barb, just like everyone else)