Author Topic: "Purchased by..." on TicketFly tickets???  (Read 4775 times)

dcmidnight

"Purchased by..." on TicketFly tickets???
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:00:59 pm »
Gave my brother a pair of tickets to an upcoming show. He called me last night to say that my name is on the tickets under "Purchased by" - which I hadnt noticed.

Whats the reason for that? I cant imagine he will have any issue getting into the show?

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: "Purchased by..." on TicketFly tickets???
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 11:57:11 am »
The only time that would be a problem is for shows where tickets are not allowed to be transferred.

dcmidnight

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:03:35 pm »
How would I know - would it say this on the tickets? (this is for the Dropkick Murphys show)

In the future - what is the procedure if this is the case? We do this pretty often as I get the 930 Club emails and buy us both tickets whenever I see shows go on 'soft sale'...

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 05:47:39 pm »
We usually decide on the day of the show. 

dcmidnight

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 06:29:11 pm »
We usually decide on the day of the show. 
Just so I understand - the Club may or may not decide on the day of the show that I have to plan to meet up with him and we all have to go into the show together? Really? Is this a result of the shift to Ticketfly - because Ive been coming to 10-15 shows a year and have never heard of anything like this.

I've also never seen anything like that announced on the forums either. Will that be a policy going forward?

eddie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 12:05:37 am »
Nah.  I was just being funny.  If the event will feature non-transferable tickets it will be noted on the Ticketfly website and the physical ticket.  Plus, as long as you and your brother have the same last name it would probably be a non-issue anyhow.