Author Topic: Hank Williams III returns to DC  (Read 16659 times)

TheREALHunter

Hank Williams III returns to DC
« on: January 05, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »
well...I had posted that is was at the Black Cat Saturday Feb 26 as thats what was on his site but the Black Cat site has something else listed so...we'll see I suppose.

Re: Hank Williams III returns to DC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 01:58:00 pm »
Will Donnie Herron of BR549 still be his fiddle player?

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
Will he cancel again?
27>34

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Will Donnie Herron of BR549 still be his fiddle player?
Not certain as it depends as to whether hes on the road with BR549 or not, for most of his dates last year he had someone else on fiddle.
 Hunter

TheREALHunter

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 09:12:00 am »
Originally posted by vansmack:
  Will he cancel again?
Are you referring to the Dec 2002 show that was scheduled at the 9:30 Club then cancelled?  That had to do with his former management cancelling his pending shows once he severed ties with them.  Hes played DC since then, did you catch the Black Cat show last February?
 Hunter

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 05:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheREALHunter:
  Are you referring to the Dec 2002 show that was scheduled at the 9:30 Club then cancelled?  That had to do with his former management cancelling his pending shows once he severed ties with them.  Hes played DC since then, did you catch the Black Cat show last February?
 Hunter
That's pretty funny.  I moved away before the February show, and when he was scheduled to play in my new hometown, he has cancelled twice.  I did catch him in LA earlier this year though - good times.  Maybe it's just me.
27>34

TheREALHunter

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005, 02:37:00 pm »
Now the date is open on their calendar...or was it before and my illiterate ass confused Saturday and Sunday...not sure, hope its a go nonetheless.
 Hunter

hutch

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 06:59:26 pm »
sweet! he's coming to the 930 finally...

I'm definitely checking this one..wonder if he'll do a punk set and a country set or what the deal is with his live shows...

I have the new LP and I have to say its not as good as i'd hoped but still some good moments on it..

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 06:25:35 pm »
the real hunter signs his posts like brian used to.  every one.  like brian used to.  just saying.

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 06:32:06 pm »
I'm definitely checking this one..wonder if he'll do a punk set and a country set or what the deal is with his live shows...

Every Hank III live show I've seen goes something like this....

Very mixed crowd to start, including a higher percentage than usual of old people at an alt-country show.

He plays a country set, covers some of his dad and granddad's tunes as well as some of his originals.  Everybody is happy-go-lucky.

Then he gives a warning to the audience, especially the old people.  He says something like that ends the country portion of this show.  We like to take things to a different level after this so for those of you that might not like really loud rock music, it might be time to make your way to the back of the house.

Then he takes off his hat (and usually his western shirt too) his long hair falls over his tattooed shoulders now exposed by his wife beater, and starts blazing in speed metal and punk tunes.

All the old people leave, a pit breaks out.

And.....scene.
27>34

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 08:04:19 pm »
that is pretty damn brilliant
am really appreciating that right now
oword