Author Topic: The Olympics Thread  (Read 83504 times)

hutch

Re: The Olympics Thread
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2014, 12:03:30 pm »
I caught about 2 hours of the Olympics.  2 man luge and some snow boarding.  Is it over already?  Oh well there will be another one in 4 years. 

i caught pretty much the whole thing from one of the many intensive care units i was shuffled around

i have to say i found the olympics rather boring this time around.... and we all knew russia would have to win..

i know it bothers nobody but with rare flashes the "olympic spirit" is long dead...some korean dudde decides to turn russsian and gives themtwo golds... not much "olympic spirit" in that

the most annoying thing was that commercial about an amerian car that seemed to try to turn it into a posisitive that peoplein the USget no vacation and work nonstop...

ggw

« Reply #241 on: February 22, 2018, 11:47:34 am »
Man, we are seriously kicking Canada's ass the past couple of days.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2018, 02:10:14 am »
Man, we are seriously kicking Canada's ass the past couple of days.

indeed, the U.S has almost caught up to the medal count of a country with 1/10 the population.  congrats!

<looks at today's medal count>

well, that didn't last long...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2018, 09:12:50 am »
Norway has 5 million people.

Yada

« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2018, 10:53:05 am »
I've watched approximately 3 minutes of Olympics this year.

ggw

« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2018, 11:15:38 am »

vansmack

« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2018, 07:57:17 pm »

indeed, the U.S has almost caught up to the medal count of a country with 1/10 the population.  congrats!

<looks at today's medal count>

well, that didn't last long...

Travel advisory: Germans in Canada should exercise a high degree of empathy. Be nice, don’t gloat, give hugs, buy rounds of hot chocolate.

Just imagine how you would feel if Canada beat us in soccer 😱

🇩🇪 ❤️ 🇨🇦

#CANGER @TeamD @CanadaFP @GermanyInCanada @KanadaBotschaft https://twitter.com/GermanyDiplo/status/967079630854291456/photo/1
27>34

hutch

« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2018, 02:01:23 am »
The men’s cross country “marathon” was bonkers!!!!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #248 on: July 20, 2021, 05:29:42 pm »
Six Polish swimmers have been sent home from the Tokyo Olympics after the country accidentally selected too many

https://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/57898489

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #249 on: February 07, 2022, 08:49:44 am »
Canadian Women’s Hockey teams romps ROC while wearing N95 masks!!!

If a hockey team can play an entire game wearing masks, then what’s the excuse anti-maskers?

The whole game situation is a bit crazy

https://www.foxsports.com.au/beijing-olympics-2022/covid-chaos-rocks-olympics-as-ice-hockey-game-played-with-face-masks/news-story/676dbad754256c13e83d45faf2370c03
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #250 on: February 07, 2022, 11:17:48 am »
Incredible "fuck you, pussies" to the trucker protest.
😐 🎶

« Reply #251 on: February 07, 2022, 06:00:49 pm »

The president of George Washington University in D.C. has reversed his earlier decision to remove campus posters protesting the Beijing Olympics, which Chinese student groups had said "incited racial hatred and ethnic tensions."

Details: In early February, posters protesting the Beijing Olympics were posted in several locations on the George Washington University campus, according to a student group statement and photos posted to Twitter.

The posters show athletes wearing uniforms bearing the Chinese flag pointing a rifle at a bound and gagged Uyghur; pinning down a Tibetan; skating over a Hong Kong flag; riding atop a surveillance camera doubling as a snowboard; and pushing a virus across the ice.
The identity of the person who put the posters around GWU's campus isn't known.
Chinese Australian artist and political cartoonist Badiucao created the posters before the Olympics began and made them available for free download online.
"My art is always targeting the Chinese Communist Party, never the Chinese suffering from this regime," Badiucao, who lives in Australia, told Axios.
slack

Starsky

« Reply #252 on: February 07, 2022, 06:57:40 pm »
You do wonder at what point will anybody hold the Chinese government accountable?

Not looking like any time soon.
We sure make a lot of exceptions for them… sure overlook a lot…then when Iran or Cuba does anything we freak out.

Tiannemen Square was over thirty years ago and nothing has changed. People always speculated as China got more economically open and more integrated to the world their government would become freer….doesn’t seem to have worked out that way.

notme

« Reply #253 on: February 07, 2022, 07:52:46 pm »
the thing is who can afford to host the olympics anymore. every country goes in debt. oil rich middle east countries can, but it is too hot. pretty soon china will host every olympics.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #254 on: February 07, 2022, 10:39:18 pm »
You do wonder at what point will anybody hold the Chinese government accountable?

Not looking like any time soon.
We sure make a lot of exceptions for them… sure overlook a lot…then when Iran or Cuba does anything we freak out.

Tiannemen Square was over thirty years ago and nothing has changed. People always speculated as China got more economically open and more integrated to the world their government would become freer….doesn’t seem to have worked out that way.

Hold Chinese Government accountable . . . get nuked.  Any questions?

The, end.