Author Topic: Dead Milkmen bassist (David Blood) commits suicide  (Read 2966 times)

Guiny

Re: Dead Milkmen bassist (David Blood) commits suicide
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2004, 11:33:00 am »
Excuse my ignorance, but i really only started listening to the Dead Milkmen maybe last year with their greatest hits cd....even though i've heard "Beach Party Vietnam" a long time ago. But did they have two people do vocals for them? And was Blood one of them?

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
Blood was the bassist, no vocals.

mankie

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by bunnyballs:
  Though Cash put so many drugs and alcohol into himself in his lifetime, it was perhaps a prolonged suicide...Isn't living an unhealthy lifestyle really just another form of killing yourself?

Originally posted by mankie:
  I think the difference between Blood and Cash is that Cash died of natural causes. Blood topped himself so we should be happy for him that he succeeded in what he was trying to do. I don't understand sympathy for those who commit suicide, the families absolutely, but not the dead one.
[/b]
People die from their own stupidity every day...doesn't make it suicide.

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 11:55:00 am »
My dad died of cancer at 57. Not really sure if I would miss him more or be more sad if it had been suicide. But that's just me.

Though Cash put so many drugs and alcohol into himself in his lifetime, it was perhaps a prolonged suicide...Isn't living an unhealthy lifestyle really just another form of killing yourself?

I think the difference between Blood and Cash is that Cash died of natural causes. Blood topped himself so we should be happy for him that he succeeded in what he was trying to do. I don't understand sympathy for those who commit suicide, the families absolutely, but not the dead one.
[/b]
People die from their own stupidity every day...doesn't make it suicide. [/b]

mankie

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 12:14:00 pm »
 [QB] My dad died of cancer at 57. Not really sure if I would miss him more or be more sad if it had been suicide. But that's just me.

I think you must have two heads, because nobody can be that stupid with just one!

Remember this comment I made not an hour ago??

(Quote)I don't understand sympathy for those who commit suicide, the families absolutely, but not the dead one.(Unquote)