Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 375947 times)

DotTheEyes

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2010, 02:43:08 am »
Anyone think there's a chance of the Strokes headlining one of the stages? They seem to be doing some festivals this year.

I hope so.  Very, very much.

Staralfur25

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2010, 03:54:35 am »
get ze scissor sisters   :-*

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2010, 07:11:23 pm »
Okay Bruno

get ze scissor sisters   :-*

rich_WDC

« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2010, 01:18:36 pm »
There needs to be a good concept for pavilion seating for the fest.   Admittedly, I did not see firsthand how the seating was done last year, 'cause it appeared to be a clusterfuck, with lines that seemingly did not move, and no noticeable directions on how to navigate it all.   (If I missed any easy access or instructions, then my bad)
I'm thinking of perhaps color-coded sections in the pavilion.   Ya get a wristband upon entry (or upon request, since there's a bunch of the crowd that won't care about pavilion access), mostly randomized, even, for seat quality.      Fans and ushers can easily figure out GA areas, without reserved seating or firstcome firstserved lines.        Better yet:  some tradeable concept since there'll definitely be bands I won't want/need to see relatively upclose but some I do.   
The plan definitely does not need to be done for the onsale....should be an onsite procedure.
Can boardies come up with a decent and fair concept?   

James Ford

« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2010, 01:38:31 pm »
Pavillion wristbands for 9:30 board members, general admission for all others.

There needs to be a good concept for pavilion seating for the fest.   Admittedly, I did not see firsthand how the seating was done last year, 'cause it appeared to be a clusterfuck, with lines that seemingly did not move, and no noticeable directions on how to navigate it all.   (If I missed any easy access or instructions, then my bad)
I'm thinking of perhaps color-coded sections in the pavilion.   Ya get a wristband upon entry (or upon request, since there's a bunch of the crowd that won't care about pavilion access), mostly randomized, even, for seat quality.      Fans and ushers can easily figure out GA areas, without reserved seating or firstcome firstserved lines.        Better yet:  some tradeable concept since there'll definitely be bands I won't want/need to see relatively upclose but some I do.   
The plan definitely does not need to be done for the onsale....should be an onsite procedure.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2010, 01:41:21 pm »
Admittedly, I did not see firsthand how the seating was done last year, 'cause it appeared to be a clusterfuck, with lines that seemingly did not move, and no noticeable directions on how to navigate it all.    
Dude, it's a festival, walk around. It's not like MPP is fucking massive or anything compared to other festivals.

+ it's a free festival, who wants to pay for a free festival?
‼‼?‼‼

mahimahi1414

« Reply #96 on: June 21, 2010, 02:04:24 pm »
So correct me if I'm wrong... but you get a random wristband telling you how good your seats are? So you could randomly get seats in the back of the pavilion and be stuck there all day even if you want to move up? That sounds like it would cause more problems. People will start selling the wristbands etc. People will complain that they randomly got screwed with a bad spot. People who were planning to meet up could get different color wristbands. Not to mention if this is advertised some people will walk into the festival with every color wristband in their pocket so no matter what they get in the good section etc. This was just off the top of my head too.

I agree that the pavilion can get a bit hairy... but wristbands just seem like more trouble than their worth. Sorry if I came on a bit harsh.

I took one look at the pavilion and decided to just stick to the other stage all day last year and I had a blast.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2010, 02:16:14 pm »
we got to free fest on the early side last year, and were able to grab decent seats in the pavilion.  we didn't want to spend the day there since there was so much else to see and do, so when we left others who had been waiting behind us moved in.  the show went on.

we got to lollapalooza on the early side the previous, and were able to grab decent spots at the north main stage.  we didn't want to spend the day there since there was so much else to see and do, so when we left others who had been waiting behind us moved in.  the show went on.

you want, you wait.  it's not like you can walk up to the front row of any other festival.  see how that works? 

you're welcome.
<sig>

Fooer

« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2010, 09:27:09 am »
I think it was crap to wait during all of Weezers set to get into the pavilion.  Then after they were done I was allowed into the pavilion.  That was crap.  What if you got to take a piss and you are with your friends?  You have to wait and be penalized/punish to wait or go to concessions?  Screw that.  I was able to get into the pit and move all the way to the second row in the pit during Blink.  How about giving out reserved seats, GA Pit, and Lawn this year to Free Fest ticket buyers?  I want to move and use the facility.  Right now I rather go to Epiccenter 2010 and see Kiss, Eminem and Bush Reunion if Virgin Fest can't bring Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, or any other big band.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2010, 09:36:07 am »
It's a free festival. A FREE FESTIVAL, get over it.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #100 on: June 22, 2010, 09:40:01 am »
Your music taste is crap.

I think it was crap to wait during all of Weezers set to get into the pavilion.  Then after they were done I was allowed into the pavilion.  That was crap.  What if you got to take a piss and you are with your friends?  You have to wait and be penalized/punish to wait or go to concessions?  Screw that.  I was able to get into the pit and move all the way to the second row in the pit during Blink.  How about giving out reserved seats, GA Pit, and Lawn this year to Free Fest ticket buyers?  I want to move and use the facility.  Right now I rather go to Epiccenter 2010 and see Kiss, Eminem and Bush Reunion if Virgin Fest can't bring Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, or any other big band.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2010, 10:41:28 am »
Dude, you weren't in the pit at Blink? What were you watching The National? Pussy.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #102 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:45 am »

you really come across like a spoiled, whiny little kid.  if they do hand out lawn/pav/pit tix for freefest, how much will you bitch when you don't get a pit ticket?

please, go to your kiss/eminem/bush suck-fest.  freefest won't miss you.
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2010, 12:37:51 pm »

you really come across like a spoiled, whiny little kid.  if they do hand out lawn/pav/pit tix for freefest, how much will you bitch when you don't get a pit ticket?

please, go to your kiss/eminem/bush suck-fest.  freefest won't miss you.

wouldn't it be funny if those bands are actually at freefest?  ;D

atomicfront

« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2010, 01:07:22 pm »

I wasn't in the pavillion the entire day.   Second stage was where it was at.  I hope we don't get Pearl Jam or Soundgarden so there won't be a bunch of  douches anyway.