Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377395 times)

James Ford

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:39 am »
Lineup gets worse every year, Good Charlotte headliner maybe

But real music fans go to a festival for the undercard, not the headline grabbing headliner.

There were actually MORE bands last year that I actually liked, or had a marginal interest in seeing, than any other year.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 11:12:35 am »
Well thankfully we can eliminate Jack Johnson from the festival.  And if Good Charlotte is buried in the middle of the Bamboozle Festival the chances of them headlining Free Fest is slim.

It should come as no secret that summer festivals line-ups are made up of a few select Major acts filled in by what ever acts are on the festival circuit. 

Basically one off appearances at festivals are very rare in the US
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 12:05:09 pm »
Public Enemy were awesome, probably my favorite of the day. Left before Blink came one (thank god) because I was incredibly drunk and walked away from the Girl Talk travesty and I saw some dude pass out and ended up with his wallet and lost my awesome sunglasses. I've been to 3 of the 4 Virgin Fests and at 2 of them I've shaken Richard Bronson's hand. Unfortunately or not so unfortunately I also met Flavor Flav. I liked the vibe and would probably end up going again, I probably spent more time walking around seeing everything, dancing at the dance stage, and drinking more than seeing any of the live music. Can't wait to see the line-up, hopefully blogs and Facebook won't blow up with the password again this year.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 12:19:03 pm »
I saw some dude pass out and ended up with his wallet

wtf?
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2010, 12:23:34 pm »
Well he did lose his awesome glasses...

wtf?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:14 pm »

wtf?
The guy passed out and he like... fell back on me and some paramedics came and I picked a wallet up off the ground and it was his, because I guess he had gotten seperated from his friends....it's an uneventful tale.
‼‼?‼‼

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »
oh... did you return it to him?  or did you run off to the merch booth?

The guy passed out and he like... fell back on me

fyi, that sounds really sketchy... ;)
<sig>

PigIron

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:10 pm »
Its hard to argue when its for free, but I passed on last year and the year before that.  I'm hoping for something a bit more daring than Blink 182 or Lil Wayne this time around.  Its true that the bread and butter of a good festival  is found in the middle of the lineup, but it would be dandy if we got something a bit more on the diverse and creative side this year - from the top of the lineup to the bottom.  I feel that Coachella does this type of thing every year, and we're stuck with a festival that has great potential but has become watered down during its short history.  For the record, I thought the second year was a great festival.  Not only for the lineup, but for the fact that I ended up with 25-30 wallets, purses, and cellphones from passed out concertgoers, most of whom simply fell back on me.  Completely uneventful.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »
i thoroughly enjoyed last year's freefest.  i thought the "free" vibe was cool, it was neat how volunteering was wrapped up in the event, and i ended up checking out several  bands i otherwise wouldn't have given the time of day to.  weather was gorgeous, which certainly helped.  MPP is a great venue for a festival, loved all the trees.  the above-average food and drink selection was a plus too.

i'm in for this year's edition regardless of the line-up.  even with last year's offering, which didn't contained much that excited me, i had a great time.

Not only for the lineup, but for the fact that I ended up with 25-30 wallets, purses, and cellphones from passed out concertgoers, most of whom simply fell back on me.  Completely uneventful.

LOL
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:44 pm »
Man, I wish I still had that picture I drew that one time of DFA1979 because it would truly add some context to his story.

walkonby

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 12:01:48 am »
Man, I wish I still had that picture I drew that one time of DFA1979 because it would truly add some context to his story.

why don't you grab a camera . . . and "shoot" a picture of him?

set1914

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 10:36:40 am »
Body Count

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2010, 11:57:00 am »
oh... did you return it to him?  or did you run off to the merch booth?

The guy passed out and he like... fell back on me

fyi, that sounds really sketchy... ;)
As much as I wanted a Jet t shirt, I had to give the guy his wallet back. Gah, I really wanted a Jet shirt though.
‼‼?‼‼

serpent boy

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 05:53:58 pm »
It's a shame that there won't be a Pimlico 2-day fest since I've had some great memories there, but the FreeFest is great. It's easy on the wallet. Seth is bring at least one or two acts that will draw most of us there. The headliner(s) will please the public. Great stuff!

With other shows hitting my wallet hard (PJ and Conan, specifically), the FreeFest is a nice relief.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 06:05:42 pm »
Seth is bring at least one or two acts that will draw most of us there. The headliner(s) will please the public.

are you just going on faith, or do you have info on the lineup?
<sig>