Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377484 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #225 on: July 20, 2010, 12:15:24 pm »
i suspect we won't know mainstage vs. second stage until after tickets go on sale, which is a shame as it would affect my choice of buying tickets or not.

confirmation that luda + mia on mainstage = no need for paid tix.

Has everyone hated on MIA this much before? I thought she was amazing when I saw her at Sonar like 3 years ago, granted the videos Ive seen she isnt the best voice or anything, but I love her energy and her music is amazing, I cant WAIT to see her, I hope shes not on the fucken main stage. I missed the anouncement because I, hungover, whats the final?

OH and Chromeo

chromeo... i rest my case.

seriously tho, to me she's a worldbeat-flavored teenie bopper who has a little more cred because of her political rants.  i've never been able to take more than a few songs - her music simply isn't interesting, IMO.  yes, she's full of energy.  doesn't mean she's enjoyable.  6 year-olds after a few glasses of coca-cola are also full of energy, don't wanna see them run around on stage shouting either.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2010, 12:17:06 pm »
she can't dance.
(_|_)

ggw

« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2010, 12:17:21 pm »
SLEIGH BELLS!!!!!!

Worst. Band. Ever.

Actually they are incredible live. 

They play them on SiriusXMU all the time.  Every time I hear them I wonder whether they are going to give me the waterboarding or the battery terminals to the gonads next.

mahimahi1414

« Reply #228 on: July 20, 2010, 12:28:15 pm »
http://virginmobilefestival.com/#/home/

Am I wrong in assuming that the bands on the left side of the screen are playing in the pavilion, and the bands on the right side are paying on the other stage? I just assumed they were laid out like that for a reason.

And the top of the left group says "Merriweather Post Pavilion" while the top of the right group says "and surrounding grounds."

Just a thought.

It was set up like that last year and I think it didn't make a difference. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Weezer and Blink were on opposite side.

Also MIA is probably the number one act on this bill. It seemed like Branson was reading the acts biggest to smallest. MIA was billed ahead of LCD Soundsystem at ACL.

Also I'm seeing on facebook people saying they got tickets already. Anyone able to confirm?

JohnnyBaconbitz

« Reply #229 on: July 20, 2010, 12:29:17 pm »
i suspect we won't know mainstage vs. second stage until after tickets go on sale, which is a shame as it would affect my choice of buying tickets or not.

Agreed...if Pavement and LCD are in the pavillion, I'm defintely buying the reserve tix.  If not, I might have to go GA.

I just hope that they're not playing opposite each other...that would suck.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #230 on: July 20, 2010, 12:30:24 pm »
Will there only be pre-sale for those who want to get the 125$ tickets? Or will they do what they did last year and send out a password [which spread like effing wildfire]. I can't remember, did you need a credit card last year to order them? I remember everything was 0$ and then complaints came in about service charges or shipping methods? I'm just wondering because I remember getting the email with the pre-sale password. But if I don't I'd appreciate it very much that when/if does go out that I get a message! So excited about Vfest again! Woooo!
‼‼?‼‼

Bags

« Reply #231 on: July 20, 2010, 12:33:44 pm »
Yup, you needed a credit card to pay for related charges.

wml7

« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2010, 12:35:20 pm »
Maybe this year they will do the presale passcode thing again, make sure we let James Ford know  ;D

Got Haggis?

« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2010, 12:38:17 pm »
apparently the presale password for virgin mobile customers has already been emailed out to them.

also, from their twitter account "For those who are wanting the #FreeFest presale code...I highly suggest you "Like" Virgin Mobile Festival on Facebook. (*winkwink*)"

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2010, 12:38:26 pm »
See I remember a big fuss about some fee you had to pay and Seth came on here saying they were looking into it because there was never supposed to be a fee. When I got my pair of tickets it was literally free, no extra or hidden fees and I know people who had the same happen and other who had to pay a small fee, I think it was like 2 or 3 dollars.
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2010, 12:39:23 pm »
See I remember a big fuss about some fee you had to pay and Seth came on here saying they were looking into it because there was never supposed to be a fee. When I got my pair of tickets it was literally free, no extra or hidden fees and I know people who had the same happen and other who had to pay a small fee, I think it was like 2 or 3 dollars.

I think my fee for two tickets came out to 10 bucks.  This was for shipping as I didn't go pick them up from the box office.

Stillwater

« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2010, 12:39:59 pm »
VirginFestival‎: For those who are wanting the #FreeFest presale code...I highly suggest you "Like" Virgin Mobile Festival on Facebook. (*winkwink*)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2010, 12:40:17 pm »
I got mine shipped to me also, 0$
‼‼?‼‼

wml7

« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:24 pm »
VirginFestival‎: For those who are wanting the #FreeFest presale code...I highly suggest you "Like" Virgin Mobile Festival on Facebook. (*winkwink*)

I'm a rarity and don't use Facebook.  Care to pm me said wink wink  ;D

wml7

« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2010, 12:41:54 pm »
I got mine shipped to me also, 0$

hmmm.... I'm pretty sure I was charged 10 bucks for some reason