Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377314 times)

Arthwys

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #270 on: July 21, 2010, 01:16:42 pm »
Just curious, has anyone who has attended V-fests before received any kind of pre-sale information?  I'm certainly not asking that it be posted publicly here.  I benefited from a pre-sale last year (having gone to '06 and '08 V-fests) but haven't seen anything pop into my email yet.  If anyone is feeling particularly generous I'd really appreciate a PM with the pre-sale details.   ;D

I think Jimmy Eat World will be a little bit later in the day, but agree with the sentiment that T.I. and Ludacris will be huge draws.  Overall a great lineup, thanks again Seth!
Emrys

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #271 on: July 21, 2010, 01:41:23 pm »
i've been to several VFests in the past, including last year's freefest, and i haven't received anything about friday's presale.  i suspect we'll get it tomorrow (thursday).
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #272 on: July 21, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »
Blasts are usually sent out on Wednesday.
Bet it'll be in there.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »
right, but i don't think this presale is for everyone on the blast list.  it's for former vfest attendees, isn't it?  i don't think the organizers want to send it out to everyone sub'ed to the blast, but i could be wrong.  i was thinking that presale info would be a special, one-time communication.

nevermind, now appears that this presale won't be that exclusive after all.  might still be in its own communication, but lots of people will get it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:09:04 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2010, 02:12:32 pm »
Does anyone think they could totally split up the acts so the more hipster/indie acts (sorry if I'm using a broad stereotype here) are all on one stage. They basically did that last year putting all the pop punk acts (Blink, Weezer, Jet, Bravery etc.) on one stage). A lot of times in the past the two biggest names on the bill were on the same stage (i.e. RHCP & Who in 06, Beastie and Police in '07, Weezer and Blink '09)

So the schedule could look something like this...

General Public Stage (Pavilion)
Jimmy Eat World 12-1
Joan Jett 130-230
TI 230-345
Thievery Corp 415-6
Ludacris 630-8
MIA 830-10

Indie Stage (Where West Stage was last year)
Temper Trap 12-1
Edward Sharpe 130-230
Yeasayer 3-415
Matt & Kim 445-6
LCD Soundsystem 630-8
Pavement 830-10

Feel free to debate times etc.... you probably know more than I do but I just thought that this sort of made sense.

this lineup makes sense, if freefest was following tradition.  but seth has stated "This year we?re breaking with the traditional format of monster headliner trickling down to baby bands, and instead we?re sprinkling fantastic acts all day long. It?s kind of like a festival on full-day shuffle."

so the big names might not be at the end of the night.  that would be cool - makes leaving the venue easier since more people will be checking out before the last act finishes.  not that getting out of MPP is a big hassle.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2010, 02:46:01 pm »
Yeah, you have a point re: the E-Mail.

احمد

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #276 on: July 21, 2010, 02:46:33 pm »

I don't want to be a killjoy, but MAYBE Pavement aren't headlining and will play a shorter set earlier in the day.  Only because, they are scheduled to headline four nights in a row prior in NYC and then the following night in Atlanta.

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #277 on: July 21, 2010, 02:49:20 pm »
doesn't anybody like to surprised anymore?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 02:53:33 pm by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #278 on: July 21, 2010, 02:57:40 pm »
This would be a huge buzzkill.
I have a work-related conference in DC and probably can't be out of there until 1 at the earliest.

I don't want to be a killjoy, but MAYBE Pavement aren't headlining and will play a shorter set earlier in the day.  Only because, they are scheduled to headline four nights in a row prior in NYC and then the following night in Atlanta.

Brian
احمد

Hieronymus

« Reply #279 on: July 21, 2010, 03:33:10 pm »
Hey, y'all.

Is it reasonable to assume that if I'm on on Saturday for the "Public Sale" exactly at 10 AM refreshing the browser and what not, guns at the ready, I will most likely manage to snag a pair of free tickets?

Those with experience from last year? I can't make the presale because of scheduling issues.

Stressing about this, since the line-up is so fantastic (although kind of Pitchfork Music Fest 2.0). It seems like the general public is less enthused about it -- maybe that'll mean less ticket rush?

Also, it'd be crazy if Pavement or LCD headlined Pavilion compared to TI/MIA/Ludacris/Thievery. I'd be real surprised. Anyway, I could chill in the Dance Forest for the whole day and be perfectly happy.

vansmack

« Reply #280 on: July 21, 2010, 03:36:39 pm »
Is it reasonable to assume that if I'm on on Saturday for the "Public Sale" exactly at 10 AM refreshing the browser and what not, guns at the ready, I will most likely manage to snag a pair of free tickets?

If you don't, don't sweat it because I'm going to get like 20 and I'll sell you some.
27>34

Hieronymus

« Reply #281 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:09 pm »

If you don't, don't sweat it because I'm going to get like 20 and I'll sell you some.

Yr probably trolling here, but there's a 2 ticket limit and they're non-transferable this year. Tied to your name/ID.

James Ford

« Reply #282 on: July 21, 2010, 03:42:42 pm »
You hold down a job?

I have a work-related conference in DC and probably can't be out of there until 1 at the earliest.

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #283 on: July 21, 2010, 03:49:06 pm »
You hold down a job?

Brian

i wonder if he puts his fingers in the air, like forming quotations, after he says things at works, with his name?

betao

« Reply #284 on: July 21, 2010, 04:38:32 pm »
The tickets sold out really quick last year. REALLY quick. Your best bet is to get one during the pre-sale.