Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377371 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2010, 11:00:46 am »
go back to work

dunno if it's the server reboot that did it, or is traffic dies down, or whatever, but around 10:35 or 10:40 i was able to refresh the TF page and proceed from there.  so the system did eventually work.

seth, you mention "growing pains" - this is stuff that TF should have tested, and fixed, before going live.  it's called load testing.  if they can't do it internally, they can hire firms to simulate traffic spikes like the one experienced this morning.  seems like a good thing to invest in, given how much ill will these crashes cause.

People are pissed on facebook.

even if TF worked perfectly, people would have been pissed: there aren't enough tickets for everyone, some people were going to be shut out.  just so happens that people can blame TF for the site crash.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2010, 11:06:36 am »
I still don't get what happened. TIcketfly crashed and was completely down seemingly

but one could buy tickets anyways?

was the problem that Ticketfly was down or that the link to buy tickets we all had was incorrect?

the TF link goes to another server: ticketingcentral.com.  Yada posted the direct link to the ticketingcentral page, thus by-passing the crashed TF page.  we got to buy tickets while everyone else was blocked by the crashed TF site ;D

As far as MPP goes, it looks as though Ticketfly is just a portal and another company handles the actual sales...or something.

it looks like it's still TF.  different domain doesn't imply different company, ticketfly could operate both ticketfly.com and ticketingcentral.com.  makes sense to have the two systems separate - during an onslaught like this morning, tf.com's crash didn't affect people putting in orders on ticketingcentral.com.
<sig>

Bags

« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2010, 11:07:16 am »
The general sale is still tomorrow -- gggrrrr, folks who lose their minds when the presale runs out make me crazy (20.000 tickets are all gone in 10 minutes -- ohmygod!!).  It's a presale, it's not all that tickets.  It's probably about 20% of the tickets.  Try tomorrow, you'll likely be fine.  With how widely this presale password was distributed, this was about as frantic a presale as you can imagine.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2010, 11:07:37 am »
I got tickets on Ticketfly...
‼‼?‼‼

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2010, 11:17:19 am »
Many thanks to Yada!

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2010, 11:17:53 am »
THANKS for sticking with us, everybody! Phew! Was rough-goin there for a minute.

As you probably know, the free tickets are now "sold" out. More available tomorrow.

But you can still go on and grab $125 seats and donate to charity.

Let's all remember that if you're complaining from a home, you're better off than the teens this event is meant to help. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

If you would still like to donate to help end youth homelessness, you can give from your mobile phone (any carrier), without going to Ticketfly. Text VIRGIN to 85944 and a one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance.

Thanks, bros!
-Amy

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2010, 11:18:39 am »
i STill havent received my confirmation email... but I have the confirmation number...
‼‼?‼‼

eltee

« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2010, 11:22:40 am »
Man TF is the longest of all processes...!
agreed
*Humming "The Way We Were" and thinking of tickets.com*
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 11:24:39 am by El Tee »

MonkeyPants

« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2010, 11:24:22 am »
Let's all remember that if you're complaining from a home, you're better off than the teens this event is meant to help. Perspective is a wonderful thing.

Yes, please let that perspective make you forget about the fact that TicketFly totally failed today ;)

I'm not pissed, because I have perspective.  I just think it's funny that you'll try to get people to overlook the way TF failed by reminding them that they should just be happy they aren't homeless teens.
PANTS

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2010, 11:25:13 am »
Seth, you're amazing.

James- you can still get $125 tickets! And donate on top of that! Yay charity.

Now I can get tickets but it's only giving me an option to choose 1 or 2 $125 tickets, not zero. WTF?

that was special for you

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2010, 11:27:21 am »
Especially the teen part! Man, I would not like to re-live that. Grunge was not a good look for a 14 year old girl.

Oh, also another important reminder is that the rest of the tickets are up for grabs tomorrow morning at 10 EST. Woop!

Yes, please let that perspective make you forget about the fact that TicketFly totally failed today ;)

I'm not pissed, because I have perspective.  I just think it's funny that you'll try to get people to overlook the way TF failed by reminding them that they should just be happy they aren't homeless teens.

eltee

« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2010, 11:32:17 am »
If you would still like to donate to help end youth homelessness, you can give from your mobile phone (any carrier), without going to Ticketfly. Text VIRGIN to 85944 and a one-time donation of $5 will be added to your mobile phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance.
Can I put the donation / purchase on my tax form for next year?   :P
I'm not big on PR of Virgin / TF and the multiple locations to find info (FB, Twitter) I rather go here for my information esp. for a show run by IMP. I donated, so, cheers.

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #462 on: July 23, 2010, 11:32:21 am »
Oh, I didn't realize we were sharing cat pictures. Yay, I want in.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-orange-kitten-has-ladybug.jpg

MonkeyPants

« Reply #463 on: July 23, 2010, 11:32:38 am »
Tune in tomorrow at 10am for another waste of at least an hour of your life trying to get tickets!

Oh, also another important reminder is that the rest of the tickets are up for grabs tomorrow morning at 10 EST. Woop!
PANTS

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #464 on: July 23, 2010, 11:33:46 am »
Well, if anything goes wrong tomorrow I will be sure to jump on the board, in addition to Twitter and Facebook. Thanks for letting me know!

And THANKS FOR DONATING!! Woooo!

Can I put the donation / purchase on my tax form for next year?   :P
I'm not big on PR of Virgin / TF and the multiple locations to find info (FB, Twitter) I rather go here for my information esp. for a show run by IMP. I donated, so, cheers.