Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377356 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #555 on: July 24, 2010, 12:21:41 pm »
to those who didn't get tickets: you'll have one last chance on sept 24 when the unclaimed tix will be released.  i think a number of people will bail ("hey, it's free, so if i don't go it's no loss to me"), plans will change, and scalpers will realize that they can't fence their tix b/c of the name-must-match-ID thing. 
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #556 on: July 24, 2010, 12:52:56 pm »
And, as usual, we'll let you know if any more tix become available.

-Amy

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #557 on: July 24, 2010, 01:08:03 pm »
amy and/or seth: when more tickets become available, including on 9/24, maybe not announce it to the general public?  limit the info/reminder to the vfest list, this board, maybe facebook, etc?  i'm sure there will be plenty fo demand without having to post it everywhere.

a lot of us appreciate your efforts to foster loyalty.  i hope the whiners don't discourage you from continuing to do it.
<sig>

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #558 on: July 24, 2010, 01:18:24 pm »
Thanks for all your understand, Sweetcell!

We will decide the best way to distribute the tickets if more should become available.

-Amy

betao

« Reply #559 on: July 24, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »
I believe this has already been answered, but I'm going to ask anyway instead of search through the past 15 pages.

Is there anyway I can transfer my tickets to someone else? I brought them knowing I probably wasn't going to go and knowing that I have friends who wanted to go but for whatever reason wouldn't be able to get tickets. I believe someone said the name has to match the ticket, so is there anyway I talk to TFly and have them just change the name on the ticket?

I understand these measures were taken to prevent scalping, but is there anyway we could make this work?

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #560 on: July 24, 2010, 02:00:06 pm »
Hey Betao-

Tickets are non-transferable. This was a free and hugely popular event. We want people to go free like it was intended.

Thanks

-Amy

atomicfront

« Reply #561 on: July 24, 2010, 02:15:25 pm »
Do you have an 11 month old kid? Why would you say this?

At 11 months, there's a good chance the kid doesn't even walk, so it's not going to be hard to handle. Just shove a breat in its face. The key thing is lots of sunscreen and keeping it out of the blazing sun. But this year its in late Sept, so less blzing sun.

We took our then two year old last year, and she was fine. Though perhaps that says more about the toughness of her mom than anything. And yes, our two yr old needed a ticket. The Merriweather site says under 2 free to most events, but i can;t remember if that was the case for this one.

Anyone know if a baby needs a ticket to get in?  I'm thinking of taking my 11 month son to his first concert.

Why would you take a 11 month old to this?  Really bad idea.  Leave the kid at home. 

Every time I see a baby at something like this I think what a bunch of selfish parents.  Get a freaking baby sitter.  Odds are the baby will be crying the whole time ruining everyone else's good time.  What if some drunk steps on your kid?  Really have some common sense.

eltee

« Reply #562 on: July 24, 2010, 02:55:12 pm »
Hey Betao-

Tickets are non-transferable. This was a free and hugely popular event. We want people to go free like it was intended.

Thanks

-Amy
I think they just want to give them to their friend.
Ha - just visualized an official scalping box at MPP like they have at baseball games.

sweetie: I agree re: all that 930/Seth/TF are doing, but still think the constructive complaints should be reviewed and the rest that seem like whines, just let them ride.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:56:58 pm by El Tee »

betao

« Reply #563 on: July 24, 2010, 03:04:00 pm »
Hey Betao-

Thanks

-Amy

So in other words, there is no way I can give them to my friend who couldn't get them for whatever reason?

wml7

« Reply #564 on: July 24, 2010, 03:58:19 pm »
i dont they will check ids at the gate for every ticket, no way

yohansen5b

« Reply #565 on: July 24, 2010, 04:44:12 pm »
i dont they will check ids at the gate for every ticket, no way

why not? they give everyone a pat-down or search their bag to check for weapons or alcohol. i would think this would last as long as a quick ID check, especially when they want to identify those 21 years or older.

fatskippy

« Reply #566 on: July 24, 2010, 05:50:11 pm »
They are print at home tickets.  If you don't have photoshop I would bet you could find a friend who does.  Changing the name is very quick and easy.

Yada

« Reply #567 on: July 24, 2010, 06:44:29 pm »
Just let me know where to go to claim all of the drinks that people would like to buy me. ;0)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #568 on: July 24, 2010, 07:01:40 pm »
Tee: I totally agree, constructive criticism is useful. Whining isn't the same as constructive criticism.

Batao: your friends couldn't get tix because you snagged their pair. If you hadn't bought them...  ;)

Yada: I'll def buy you a beer at the board meet-up.
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #569 on: July 25, 2010, 03:07:52 pm »
No.

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Hey Betao-

Thanks

-Amy

So in other words, there is no way I can give them to my friend who couldn't get them for whatever reason?