Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377336 times)

Shadrach

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #570 on: July 25, 2010, 03:09:29 pm »
This coming from a liar, who now admits to being a cheat. Real classy.

They are print at home tickets.  If you don't have photoshop I would bet you could find a friend who does.  Changing the name is very quick and easy.

dortiz

« Reply #571 on: July 25, 2010, 09:04:48 pm »
I still dont see if anyone answered about the 30 and 125 tix and the backstage tour. May have missed it but if not, do the 125 tix receive that as well?

Thanks,

Dave O.

jabella

« Reply #572 on: July 26, 2010, 12:16:29 am »
I was able to get a pair of tix from the Friday presale.  I don't remember a question asking whose name should be on the ticket, so does that mean the cardholder's name (mine) will be on the ticket?  I actually intended to buy these for my daughter and her friend.  So, is there a way to change the name on the ticket to my duaghter's?

I see from the previous posts that the name on the ticket cannot be changed.  My only suggestion is your checkout process should ask the ticket buyer what name should go on the ticket, rather than default this to the cardholder.  Thanks anyway - there goes one pair of tix wasted (I have a gig that night and can't go).

Or might have to do the photoshop thing :)  Hey, I'm not a scalper so this is okay, right?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:21:43 am by jabella »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #573 on: July 26, 2010, 08:57:15 am »
I figured this was going to happen while I was out on vacation  :'(   Shame on me.

Will give it a go next month if tix free up.  Looks as though it was somewhat of a hassle but that's the way it is with these free gigs.

fatskippy

« Reply #574 on: July 26, 2010, 09:51:48 am »
cheat to win

wml7

« Reply #575 on: July 26, 2010, 10:10:02 am »
No.

TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Hey Betao-

Tickets are non-transferable. This was a free and hugely popular event. We want people to go free like it was intended.

Thanks

-Amy

So in other words, there is no way I can give them to my friend who couldn't get them for whatever reason?

Great, so I can't use the tickets I got that I put in the name of That Guy, Shad Rach, and Mad Gypsy  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #576 on: July 26, 2010, 10:14:15 am »
ban fatskippy the liar  ;D
(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #577 on: July 26, 2010, 10:28:19 am »
^And toss his tickets back onto TF.
احمد

Shadrach

« Reply #578 on: July 26, 2010, 11:30:39 am »
Only you lose. Any credibility you ever had on this board is shot. I'd be shocked if anyone here has any respect for you at all. All you had to do was be honest and you would have been taken seriously, but you decided to lie.

cheat to win

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #579 on: July 26, 2010, 12:08:40 pm »
So, when will we find out what happens with the 2 out of 3 pairs of tickets in the 1 household? [roommates etc], will they just have to wait until the un-claimed batch come out and have to have them sent to ANOTHER address?
‼‼?‼‼

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #580 on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:44 pm »
Dortiz- The $125 is only for the pavilion preferred seating. The $30 donation is required to get the backstage tour.

Everyone else asking about ticket transfers- All of the following information was on the purchase page, and still is:

"TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Do not buy tickets from a secondary source!

There is a 2 ticket limit per person/credit card/address. Over the limit orders will be cancelled. Must have ID matching name on ticket for entry."

The buyer will need to be present at the event.

Thanks

-Amy

Got Haggis?

« Reply #581 on: July 26, 2010, 04:13:51 pm »
the limit on the address is beyond retarded.  I understand you guys are trying to combat scalping, and applaud it - however it really doesn't make any sense to limit 1 set of tickets per address if the buyer has to be there anyway. if a family of four wanted to go, only 2 of them would be allowed due to your rules, even if 2 people bought tickets?  How stupid is that?  Same goes for roommates.  The rule doesn't affect me since I live by myself  - It just seems like not much thought was put into that limitation.

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #582 on: July 26, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »
I understand. Those are the breaks.

The next time we have a massively popular and completely free charity event in a large venue, we're open to suggestions as to how you think this would work better and still ensure that fans get to go for free. Feedback welcomed!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #583 on: July 26, 2010, 04:28:05 pm »
will TF able to combat the ebay scalpers?

will MPP really enforce the ID/matching name on ticket rule?
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #584 on: July 26, 2010, 04:49:53 pm »
will TF able to combat the ebay scalpers?

will MPP really enforce the ID/matching name on ticket rule?

will it stop 100% of the scalping?  no, of course not.  someone who grabbed 2 tickets could potentially scalp one of them.  but this system will prevent a large percentage of scalpers from doing their thing.  i apprecaite the extra efforts IMP/MPP are going through to get tickets in the hands of participants, not intermediaries.

i don't see why MPP wouldn't enforce ID=name on ticket.  it take an extra 10 seconds.  hopefully they'll have a few extra people working the entrances (and maybe even open up the north entrance, so people parking at the mall don't have to walk all the way around the venue - what about it, seth?)
<sig>