Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377357 times)

atomicfront

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #615 on: July 28, 2010, 05:49:55 pm »
I think you are wasting you time with the constant posting the same thing in this thread.  Email Seth and tell him about your predicament.  He seems like a nice guy I am sure he will give you another ticket. 

hutch

« Reply #616 on: July 28, 2010, 05:55:50 pm »
This is nothing new...

Two years ago for ACDC the fanclub allowed each member to buy two tickets to a single show..

but only one membership per address

I signed up and got two floors....my better half got two really good sides

Her order was cancelled..

We knew we were playing with fire.

I applaud ACDC..in the end me and my better half went together and were not able to hook up two other people...But the people on the floor at ACDC included a lot of real fans who because of ACDC's prescience paid 100 a floor ticket ..in the free market a lot of these would have gone for 400.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:01:32 pm by hutch »

Shadrach

« Reply #617 on: July 28, 2010, 06:52:42 pm »
Honestly I don't know why this is so difficult to accept. It's a pretty standard industry practice. All this back and forth really isn't going to change anything.

Could you have gotten around this by using a work address or something like that for the second pair of tickets? Yes. But my guess is that you didn't do this because you missed the disclaimer, not because of a moral or ethical dilemma.

Have you considered a careeer in law enforcement?  ;D

So basically if there are more than two people in a household, the pruchaser should have read the large print and made up a bogus home address and would have been fine? I'm sure many people did that.

In essence it seems that the rule penalizes people who didn't read the rule, rather than serving as some kind of scalping filter, right?

It wasn't fine print. It was posted in bold, all caps, red letters on the page before you made your selection. We are not responsible for those who chose not to read this disclaimer.

Some folks just choose not to read. We post signs all over out in front of the venue before each show with things like "Illegal Drug Use Will Not Be Tolerated" and "No Photo, No Audio, No Video" and still bust people for illegal drug use or using cameras and recording devices.

If you get pulled over for speeding and tell the cop you didn't see the sign with the posted speed limit you're not going to get much sympathy.

Not trying to be a smartass, but was that info on any page if you chose not to donate to a charity, and hence no credit card page appeared?

Also, given that each page pf the ticket "purchase" was on a timer system, I imagine many people didn't read the fine print in fear that the delay caused by reading the fine print would cause them to time out. I know the first time through, I got timed out (due to website slowness, not my own slowness). Not making excuses for myself, just commenting that I imagine many people feel rushed and hence aren't able to read the fine print.

You said those whose orders are being cancelled will be contacted by customer service. At what point will this be done?

Thanks again.

I think I posted this once before. But this is the exact text that was on the ticket page BEFORE you chose your tickets and entered card info:

"TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Do not buy tickets from a secondary source!

There is a 2 ticket limit per person/credit card/address. Over the limit orders will be cancelled. Must have ID matching name on ticket for entry."

Thanks. Kittens and hugs and flowers.

-Amy

James Ford

« Reply #618 on: July 28, 2010, 07:35:18 pm »
That's all I wanted, aknowledgment that dishonest people have benefited from a flawed system. Just like Live Nation in Montgomery County.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #619 on: July 28, 2010, 07:51:11 pm »
Help me here - how have dishonest people benefited here?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #620 on: July 28, 2010, 08:05:10 pm »
I hope Amy is billing Seth by the hour for all the time she spends here.

Kind of like I do with my employer.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #621 on: July 28, 2010, 08:06:04 pm »
This is all theoretical of course.

But say a household wanted more than two tickets. The only way to get more than two was for each additional person (beyond the first) ordering would be to put in a fake address (wouldn't even have to be a work address, as Shadrach suggested, because why would you need to put in a real address if you chose print at home tickets...are they going to physically mail the link to you?). Hence, you're lying about your address and therefore are being dishonest.

Follow?

hutch

« Reply #622 on: July 28, 2010, 08:31:19 pm »
So how about Pavement! Any word on how its going on their tour?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 08:39:07 pm by hutch »

azaghal1981

« Reply #623 on: July 28, 2010, 09:40:42 pm »
You also have the signs that say which window is for guestlist and which is for willcall. Very rarely are those read as well. That's resulted in quite a few laughs between myself and all of the incredibly awesome staffers that work the boxes.

It wasn't fine print. It was posted in bold, all caps, red letters on the page before you made your selection. We are not responsible for those who chose not to read this disclaimer.

Some folks just choose not to read. We post signs all over out in front of the venue before each show with things like "Illegal Drug Use Will Not Be Tolerated" and "No Photo, No Audio, No Video" and still bust people for illegal drug use or using cameras and recording devices.

If you get pulled over for speeding and tell the cop you didn't see the sign with the posted speed limit you're not going to get much sympathy.

Not trying to be a smartass, but was that info on any page if you chose not to donate to a charity, and hence no credit card page appeared?

Also, given that each page pf the ticket "purchase" was on a timer system, I imagine many people didn't read the fine print in fear that the delay caused by reading the fine print would cause them to time out. I know the first time through, I got timed out (due to website slowness, not my own slowness). Not making excuses for myself, just commenting that I imagine many people feel rushed and hence aren't able to read the fine print.

You said those whose orders are being cancelled will be contacted by customer service. At what point will this be done?

Thanks again.

I think I posted this once before. But this is the exact text that was on the ticket page BEFORE you chose your tickets and entered card info:

"TICKETS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Do not buy tickets from a secondary source!

There is a 2 ticket limit per person/credit card/address. Over the limit orders will be cancelled. Must have ID matching name on ticket for entry."

Thanks. Kittens and hugs and flowers.

-Amy
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #624 on: July 28, 2010, 11:52:20 pm »

But say a household wanted more than two tickets. The only way to get more than two was for each additional person (beyond the first) ordering would be to put in a fake address (wouldn't even have to be a work address, as Shadrach suggested, because why would you need to put in a real address if you chose print at home tickets...are they going to physically mail the link to you?). Hence, you're lying about your address and therefore are being dishonest.

Follow?

yeah, i now get your point... don't really agree with it, tho.

what you're saying amounts to a tautology: only cheaters are able to circumvent the system.  isn't that always the case?  dishonest people will always find a way to benefit from any system, flawed or not. 

every system has flaws.  name me one that doesn't. going back to the old system (allowing anyone to order 8 anonymous hard tickets, aka scalper's delight) isn't going to make thing better - we'd have trouble getting even 2 tickets!

a flaw doesn't invalidate the system, IMO.  overall i suspect that this system will be very effective in preventing scalping.  there is an argument to be made that they've gone too far and have made it too restrictive, not that i feel that way (then again, i only wanted 2 tickets so my needs were served.  i recognize that had i needed more, i might not be such a fan).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:25:49 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #625 on: July 29, 2010, 02:51:27 am »

Follow?

For the love of god,.could you stop posting the same message over and over again? You can get as many tickets as you want.  They are 125 dollars buy one and shut up already.  No one cares you only got two tickets.  Some people didn't get any. 

James Ford

« Reply #626 on: July 29, 2010, 06:31:01 am »
Don't wish to go back to old system. Agreed.

It just seems that two (or one) ticket per person, with every id checked at the gate would have been sufficient for stopping scalpers.

That way, a scalper at best can sell only the one extra, and has to personally meet the buyer at the gate. That's alot of trouble for a scalper to go through to make $30, or whatever he's going to get for a single ticket.

Of course people are going to find a way around the roadblock. More likely a scalper than someone who tries to adhere to the rules.

Follow?

yeah, i now get your point... don't really agree with it, tho.

what you're saying amounts to a tautology: only cheaters are able to circumvent the system.  isn't that always the case?  dishonest people will always find a way to benefit from any system, flawed or not. 

every system has flaws.  name me one that doesn't. going back to the old system (allowing anyone to order 8 anonymous hard tickets, aka scalper's delight) isn't going to make thing better - we'd have trouble getting even 2 tickets!

a flaw doesn't invalidate the system, IMO.  overall i suspect that this system will be very effective in preventing scalping.  there is an argument to be made that they've gone too far and have made it too restrictive, not that i feel that way (then again, i only wanted 2 tickets so my needs were served.  i recognize that had i needed more, i might not be such a fan).

James Ford

« Reply #627 on: July 29, 2010, 06:31:50 am »
I think I'm going to keep on posting the same thing, just for you!!!hahahahahaha

Follow?

For the love of god,.could you stop posting the same message over and over again? You can get as many tickets as you want.  They are 125 dollars buy one and shut up already.  No one cares you only got two tickets.  Some people didn't get any. 

wml7

« Reply #628 on: July 29, 2010, 06:53:17 am »
James, could please explain in full detail word for word what happened and the process of getting the ticket  ;D

I think when it comes down to it at showtime if you still need an extra ticket some of the boardies could help you out  ;D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 06:59:32 am by wml7 »

fatskippy

« Reply #629 on: July 29, 2010, 09:39:21 am »
Since you didn't need to use a credit card, you could have put whatever address you wanted for the 2nd set of tickets as to not go over the 2 per household rule.