Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377384 times)

killsaly

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #645 on: August 11, 2010, 12:34:21 am »
They are having an open for the festival contest, and everyone should vote for Navi. He is a great hip hop artist who needs more exposure.
http://virginmobilefreefest.sonicbids.com/BandDetails2.aspx?b=19846&sr=false&bn=Navi

Got Haggis?

« Reply #646 on: August 29, 2010, 10:49:29 pm »
Virgin Mobile Festival was mentioned on Entourage tonight (and Sir Richard Branson was on the episode).  Air mentioned that he had M.I.A and Jay-Z on lockdown for the fest.......Jay-Z being added to the lineup? ;)

mahimahi1414

« Reply #647 on: August 31, 2010, 08:04:25 am »
I think it was just part of the script. Also Pavement and LCD Soundsystem probably aren't names that resonates with most Entourage watchers.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #648 on: August 31, 2010, 09:04:04 am »
looks like it was part of a contest....they are giving away VIP ticket packages to people that enter and correctly identify the artist listed on  Entourage that was not on the lineup.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #649 on: August 31, 2010, 05:22:01 pm »
And I won! Not sure how many people entered and I was reading about the mention of Jay-Z! Am *very* excited. Waiting to get the rest of the details! :D
HeyLa

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #650 on: August 31, 2010, 07:59:20 pm »
Hey xneverwherex- I believe I also sent you a PM about the free tickets, due to your previous issues with getting them. Keep in mind that you won't be able to claim both!

Feel free to respond to my message if you have questions.

-Amy

And I won! Not sure how many people entered and I was reading about the mention of Jay-Z! Am *very* excited. Waiting to get the rest of the details! :D

audreysuefix

« Reply #651 on: September 01, 2010, 07:42:54 am »
New Acts @ the Dance Forest: Maximum Balloon (TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek), Sharam and Wolfgang Gartner added.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #652 on: September 01, 2010, 08:45:30 am »
Hey xneverwherex- I believe I also sent you a PM about the free tickets, due to your previous issues with getting them. Keep in mind that you won't be able to claim both!

if there are extra VIP tickets sitting around, i'd be happy to take them off your hands...  ;D
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #653 on: September 01, 2010, 10:01:41 am »
Thanks Amy for the email. I didnt use it, but appreciate the feedback. As I won these, obviously wont be needing the others (and realized I couldnt use both) :)

Sweetcell - unlikely Ill have extras. Havent read any details of whats included - so at this point I dont have much clue about any of it.

Feel free to respond to my message if you have questions.

-Amy

HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #654 on: September 01, 2010, 10:11:48 am »
^^ You shouldn't have asked Ticketfly!! big mistake ;)
(_|_)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #655 on: September 01, 2010, 02:59:36 pm »
no clue wtf youre talking about. i didnt ask ticketfly anything. i posted a rant about being able to get tickets this year - and got an email on here from amy about a way to get them. i won tix through someone that was not ticketfly.

^^ You shouldn't have asked Ticketfly!! big mistake ;)
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #656 on: September 01, 2010, 03:36:31 pm »
Both your TF-sourced tix and your contest tix will be managed by TF (probably held at will-call for you). The system is probably set to reject anyone who has more than two tickets in their name. If you accept both sets of tickets, you'll have four. Thus, probs.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #657 on: September 01, 2010, 03:52:17 pm »
assuming there won't be a matching and you chose email delivery on your free order, then you'll have 4 tickets...(2 from email, 2 at will call for VIP.)  ;D
(_|_)

Hieronymus

« Reply #658 on: September 01, 2010, 04:55:32 pm »
New Acts @ the Dance Forest: Maximum Balloon (TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek), Sharam and Wolfgang Gartner added.

And Die Antwoord were dropped, yeah? Not that it matters that much... one gimmick-rap group less doesn't exactly take the shine off that mofe of a line-up.

killsaly

« Reply #659 on: September 01, 2010, 05:04:33 pm »
Fuck, no Die Antwoord?  you can call them gimmicky all you want, their album is still pretty bad ass.  Damn one less group I want to see...