Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377296 times)

serpent boy

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »
Woah, what? No Die Antwoord? :( :( :(

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2010, 05:14:31 pm »
New Acts @ the Dance Forest: Maximum Balloon (TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek), Sharam and Wolfgang Gartner added.

And Die Antwoord were dropped,
Weak!
‼‼?‼‼

Hieronymus

« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2010, 05:57:10 pm »
Mind y'all, I don't have any confirmation on this... but it looks pretty certain, as their name's not on the site.

And I didn't necessarily mean "gimmick" as negative. I too have been cranking some $O$. But, honestly, no one would know who they are based solely on mic skills and production. It's all about how exotic Dutch and American folk find Afrikaans swearing and trash culture. Back in SA, they were still playing tiny shows. From what I gather from friends there, Fokofpolisiekar are and were infinitely more popular (although, granted, that's another genre).

Let's just hope Ninja and Co. pull through the DMV some time, preferably with Jack Parow opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzFqW4Xh2k

Damn, that song never gets old.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #663 on: September 02, 2010, 07:39:04 am »
damnit i was really looking forward to seeing them. Also I don't see Maximum Balloon listed on the site.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 07:40:44 am by Got Haggis? »

walkonby

« Reply #664 on: September 02, 2010, 09:35:53 am »
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38968921/ns/today-entertainment/

isn't it about time to drop this idiot off the bill?  seth . . . i have no problem with pot.  you, he or anybody else can smoke it all day long.  but he was smoking while driving which could have injured others, plus he is a convicted felon for guns after already being a convicted felon.  has spent time in federal prison . . . and obviously feels he can do what the fuck he wants because he's "famous."  time to send this douche back to reality and kick his "we don't need people thinking it's cool to emulate your fucked up life" act off the stage.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #665 on: September 02, 2010, 10:11:49 am »
Seeing as we're three weeks away from the fest, anyone have any idea when the schedule is coming out?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #666 on: September 02, 2010, 10:22:40 am »
I emailed them to ensure I wont have problems. And I won airfare/hotel to Vfest - not sure if its vip tix as well but at this point an all expense paid trip down there - it doesnt matter much to me :)

Both your TF-sourced tix and your contest tix will be managed by TF (probably held at will-call for you). The system is probably set to reject anyone who has more than two tickets in their name. If you accept both sets of tickets, you'll have four. Thus, probs.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #667 on: September 02, 2010, 10:29:57 am »
Seeing as we're three weeks away from the fest, anyone have any idea when the schedule is coming out?

for all the great things VFest has done over the years, getting the schedule out in a decent amount of time hasn't been their strong point.  be grateful if it's published any earlier than 3 days before the festival (IMO).
<sig>

mahimahi1414

« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2010, 10:45:00 am »

isn't it about time to drop this idiot off the bill?  seth . . . i have no problem with pot.  you, he or anybody else can smoke it all day long.  but he was smoking while driving which could have injured others, plus he is a convicted felon for guns after already being a convicted felon.  has spent time in federal prison . . . and obviously feels he can do what the fuck he wants because he's "famous."  time to send this douche back to reality and kick his "we don't need people thinking it's cool to emulate your fucked up life" act off the stage.

Or getting on stage 45 minutes late and totally messing up the schedule like some previous acts who have had trouble following the law...

Got Haggis?

« Reply #669 on: September 02, 2010, 11:30:48 am »
I would be very surprised if T.I would be able to make it now...if he was on probation, he clearly violated it with that drug charge...so yeah, he's probably fucked

serpent boy

« Reply #670 on: September 02, 2010, 11:36:27 am »

Or getting on stage 45 minutes late and totally messing up the schedule like some previous acts who have had trouble following the law...

And fucking up the Black Keys set so that they only had a half hour. :(

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2010, 05:30:46 pm »
uhhh thats a bit flawed logic. i ended up getting tickets initially the first round. so technically i do have 2 sets. but the contest didnt say it was excluded to people who already had tix. considering that the contest was after the fact - theres no way I knew Id win tix. Either way - Amy said its all cool! Sadly - Ill be letting 2 tix go to waste. Ah well.

See ya'll there! And the 4 tix I won are claimed. They all get free transpo even my friends in VA. Pretty sweet!

Both your TF-sourced tix and your contest tix will be managed by TF (probably held at will-call for you). The system is probably set to reject anyone who has more than two tickets in their name. If you accept both sets of tickets, you'll have four. Thus, probs.
HeyLa

azaghal1981

« Reply #672 on: September 02, 2010, 06:33:54 pm »
Lil Wayne > Black Keys
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2010, 07:49:59 pm »
Lil Wayne > Black Keys

didn't seth say that the black keys were only scheduled for a 30 minute set?
T.Rex

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #674 on: September 02, 2010, 08:15:56 pm »
Lil Wayne > Black Keys

What if he just wanted to play guitar?
😐 🎶