Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 381859 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #750 on: September 21, 2010, 12:41:59 pm »
I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere.  Any tips for driving/parking from DC?  Is it possible to park at that bar Union Jacks and walk.  It's .9 miles according to Google maps.

I have gone to 100's of events at merriweather over the years and havve always parked in the lots.  They are free.  They are easy to get out of.  You can tail gait.  No reason to park anywhere else.
According to the Freefest website, they're only allowing cars with at least 4 people to park in the lots.

This is complete bullshit right? As if everyone driving is looking at the website to see what the minimum limit of passengers must be in order to park in the lots, and even if there are only 3 people trying to park in the lot are they going to stop traffic just so this person can turn around and find parking elsewhere? It's ludicrous. First the name's on the tickets, and the IDs at the gates, now this?

Just release the god damn schedule.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2010, 01:06:57 pm »
There is so much free parking at the mall that it really doesn't matter.

Sir HC

« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2010, 01:11:12 pm »
They are going to be policing the mall parking lot.  Check points and not allowing concert parking there.

Seriously.  The Union Jacks entrance will have a guard there.  Maybe can get in on the back side by Macys but a lot is blocked off (Broken Land and Little Patuxent by Merriweather).  There is free parking for Merriweather at Merriweather.

K8teebug

« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:06 pm »
That is crazy.  You can park for every other concert there.

Sir HC

« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2010, 01:23:14 pm »
That is crazy.  You can park for every other concert there.

The Vans tour they do parking checks for too.  I work in the buildings right across the street.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #755 on: September 21, 2010, 01:24:38 pm »
last year they directed you to park at various parking lots around the mall.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #756 on: September 21, 2010, 01:28:07 pm »
What got haggis said... I recall there was a shuttle for some of the aux lots as well

They had festival staff directing people onto those lots

My guess with 14k more people in attendance they want to encourage carpooling for the main lot and discourage people from taking up customer spots at the mall itself
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #757 on: September 21, 2010, 01:30:57 pm »
I'll be accepting my free beers during the day, please let me know when you'd like to buy me one. ;0)

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #758 on: September 21, 2010, 02:31:04 pm »
I could use a matching Converse sneaker for the one I got last year.  Can't remember if I have a left or a right shoe, though.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #759 on: September 21, 2010, 03:37:32 pm »
I think they were all rights and size...11's? 12's? I still have them in the backpack in my closet with about 10 markers. oh boy i was drunk...
‼‼?‼‼

JamesFanscape

« Reply #760 on: September 21, 2010, 05:27:16 pm »
I'd be interested in trading for/buying 2 tickets for this. I had been planning to see Pavement in NYC on 9/23 but can no longer go  :-[ I'd be more than happy to trade those tickets (3) for tickets to the Virgin Fest.

I apologize if this post doesn't belong here--feel free to delete it if that's the case.

They were awesome in Williamsburg last night.  They did "Starlings of the Slipstream."

Brian

Argh, so envious; that's my favorite song on Brighten the Corners! I can't wait to see them at FreeFest this weekend; I've been a fan ever since Crooked Rain came out when I was in high school, but somehow I never got a chance to see them live. I'm actually going to be working at the State Farm Club 17K tent, but I made them swear that they'd let me out in time to catch Pavement's set! (Really hoping I can duck out to see LCD Soundsystem too; I haven't seen them since they were touring for Sound of Silver and I'd love to hear some of the This Is Happening tracks live.)

By the way, don't forget to stop by the Club 17K tent at the show! Basically, State Farm's setting up a special area for festivalgoers to take a break, enjoy a chair massage, enter to win prizes, and more! Club 17K is open to everyone at the festival, so just look for the red carpet. Like I said, I'm working with State Farm on this, so if anyone has any questions about Club 17K, just ask!

atomicfront

« Reply #761 on: September 21, 2010, 05:57:55 pm »
Seems like TI is keeping the schedule from coming out.  Or more his parole hearing on Thursday:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/midnight_sun/blog/2010/09/virgin_freefest_we_have_no_pla.html

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #762 on: September 21, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »
Dear Seth-

Please consider Stevie Wonder, Dolly Parton, or T-PAIN as a replacement.

Thank You, I have said my piece.

-Amy

joeposh

« Reply #763 on: September 21, 2010, 11:54:57 pm »
I think B.o.B., Drake (two shows at DAR the next week might hamper that though) or Nas would be good substitutes in the same vain, since they seem to have breaks in their tour schedule this weekend. Deadmau5 and Jay-Z are other options, but extreme long shots given the quick turn around and what it probably takes to coordinate their stage acts.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #764 on: September 22, 2010, 12:25:02 am »
instead of booking someone else, how about giving the artists already on the bill an extra 10-15 minutes each?
<sig>