Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377429 times)

wml7

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #795 on: September 22, 2010, 04:18:20 pm »
Ok so is it for sure that the free tickets, we can not get into the pavilion at all???  I thought the paid pavilion seating is Sethy and gang corner off one good section of the pavlion.  Only people who paid can sit in those sections while everything else is open this includes pavilion and the pit.  Am I wrong? ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #796 on: September 22, 2010, 04:21:11 pm »
the pit has not been addressed.......who gets in?

(_|_)

azaghal1981

« Reply #797 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:47 pm »
I figured this as well. And I am almost sure Seth posted something similar.

Ok so is it for sure that the free tickets, we can not get into the pavilion at all???  I thought the paid pavilion seating is Sethy and gang corner off one good section of the pavlion.  Only people who paid can sit in those sections while everything else is open this includes pavilion and the pit.  Am I wrong? ;D
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #798 on: September 22, 2010, 04:34:18 pm »
unless informed otherwise, i'd go under the assumption that it's the same deal as last year: pit & the non-VIP pavilion is GA, but once they're full they only let one person in for each person that leaves.  so get there early and have enough supplies to make it through the day if you want pit for LCDSS (or be in line some 2 hours ahead of their set time...)
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #799 on: September 22, 2010, 04:36:34 pm »
sucks that modeselektor is playing during pavement & lcdss.  maybe my concert buddy will hold down the fort in the pavilion while i run over to the dance area and catch a few minutes of his set...
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #800 on: September 22, 2010, 04:37:32 pm »
hmmm so who in here bought those living social tickets???  I was thinking of getting it but hmmm need more claification where is Sethy when you need him?  ;D

joeposh

« Reply #801 on: September 22, 2010, 04:49:27 pm »
hmmm so who in here bought those living social tickets???  I was thinking of getting it but hmmm need more claification where is Sethy when you need him?  ;D

I also e-mailed Living Social seeking clarification, but I'm not expecting much out of that. TicketFly is in the dark as well, since supposedly a deal organized directly through Living Social and the promoter (Seth).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #802 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:20 pm »
i bought 'em (hence my annoying "use my link please" comments).

this deal is definitely short on details, and is worse off for it.  i'd certainly be more comfortable if i knew exactly what i was getting.  for example, it says "pavilion access" - but doesn't mention what part of the pavilion.  i'm assuming that since it's 52% off of a $125 ticket, i'll have the same pavilion access as $125 ticket-holders... but that isn't clear at all.  i'm just hoping that the lack of fine print doesn't mean i'll resent my purchase.

on the other hand, looks like one can cancel purchases... i think i may have accidentally just done that.  ugh.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #803 on: September 22, 2010, 04:58:56 pm »
you're probably right.
and rely on you (sweetcell) to get us food and drinks.
all we need is a porta potty inside the pavillion and we're set.

unless informed otherwise, i'd go under the assumption that it's the same deal as last year: pit & the non-VIP pavilion is GA, but once they're full they only let one person in for each person that leaves.  so get there early and have enough supplies to make it through the day if you want pit for LCDSS (or be in line some 2 hours ahead of their set time...)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:04:43 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #804 on: September 22, 2010, 05:03:40 pm »
pretty sure living social is not vip.. just go look at ticketfly page when you try to buy tickets

wml7

« Reply #805 on: September 22, 2010, 05:09:32 pm »
pretty sure living social is not vip.. just go look at ticketfly page when you try to buy tickets

yes hutchy is right, the living social tickets are just the plain 125 ga tickets because it says so right on the ticketlfy page  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #806 on: September 22, 2010, 05:19:14 pm »
another thunk: saying that the discount ticket is 52% off is misleading (at best) if it doesn't include all the VIP benefits.  you can only say that something is a percentage off the regular price if that thing hasn't changed, and you're getting the same thing before and after the price reduction.

it's like saying that a ring is currently 50% off, without mentioning that previously it was gold and now you'll be getting a silver ring.  or like saying jug #1 of milk is 50% off the price of jug #2, without mentioning that #1 is a half-gallon and #2 is a full gallon..  it's wrong (and i'm sure illegal as well).

seth?
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #807 on: September 22, 2010, 05:20:01 pm »
so VIP and Regular GA Pavillion are selling for the same price? ($125?)

are the livingsocial tickets GA or assigned?
(_|_)

joeposh

« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2010, 05:20:18 pm »

yes hutchy is right, the living social tickets are just the plain 125 ga tickets because it says so right on the ticketlfy page  ;D

I saw that, but my question is how are they going to differentiate them? How are they identifying people who qualify for VIP perks (especially in regards to parking since VIP could still be will call)? More importantly, is it VIP seating but no "lanyard" and if so are you going to have to make sure you hold onto your ticket all day so you can get seated over the freebies or will there be a bracelet like the pit usually gets during a standard MPP show?  This seemingly creates a third class of tickets, which would pose a lot of logistical headaches and potential misunderstandings for the organizers... especially if it's such a small pool (a few hundred out of 35,000).

Obviously the safest best is to assume the bare minimum, but logistically it makes more sense for these to be relabeled VIP packages (in terms of day of concert experience). I know a lot of us are on the fence due to the uncertainty of what exactly we're being offered, so some clarification could really help.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:23:27 pm by joeposh »

hutch

« Reply #809 on: September 22, 2010, 05:21:49 pm »
clusterfuck