Author Topic: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather  (Read 377430 times)

atomicfront

Re: Virgin Free Fest returning to Merriweather
« Reply #1050 on: July 15, 2013, 02:04:26 pm »
I don't understand why people want to listen to music that "kicks ass"?

If asskicking is your thing, why not just watch football or wrestling? Or beat up your spouse/partner.

It's a generic term for music that delivers a punch, intensity, and vigor that makes other music sound too mellow or unpassionate.

I used to like to listen to Rage's first album when I worked in a produce department at a grocery store.  I would put that kick-ass music on and start trimming lettuce. 

James Ford

« Reply #1051 on: July 15, 2013, 02:23:14 pm »
I used to listen to Big Black, Black Flag, and Ministry when I was 20. Then I started having sex more regularly.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1052 on: July 15, 2013, 02:33:07 pm »
I don't understand why people want to listen to music that "kicks ass"?

If asskicking is your thing, why not just watch football or wrestling? Or beat up your spouse/partner.
Should all music lull you to sleep? Or calm you down? Music is supposed to elicit emotions, not just one, but all. Queens is fucking awesome. Listening to the new album super loud on my rides home from work. Air drums, air guitars, air everything. If I want to chill I'll listen to chill shit.

Not everyone wants to kick ass at stuff I guess.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #1053 on: July 15, 2013, 02:43:25 pm »
I guess I'm like atomicfront in that I'd rather have music with melody and harmony that if it doesn't sound pretty, it at least doesn't try to bludgeon me. I never said anything about wanting to be lulled to sleep.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1054 on: July 15, 2013, 02:44:55 pm »
Also seemingly not playing VMFF, Dan Deacon.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1055 on: July 15, 2013, 02:55:19 pm »
I guess I'm like atomicfront in that I'd rather have music with melody and harmony that if it doesn't sound pretty, it at least doesn't try to bludgeon me. I never said anything about wanting to be lulled to sleep.
Not understanding why people want their music to "kick ass" is weird. Not understanding a band, or even a genre, I get, but not understanding how someone reacts? Come on, it's music, bud.
‼‼?‼‼

James Ford

« Reply #1056 on: July 15, 2013, 03:02:08 pm »
I guess I'm just too old to want to have my ass kicked. But if that's you're thing, you're the one who is weird.  ;)
Not understanding why people want their music to "kick ass" is weird. Not understanding a band, or even a genre, I get, but not understanding how someone reacts? Come on, it's music, bud.

atomicfront

« Reply #1057 on: July 15, 2013, 03:16:26 pm »
I used to listen to Big Black, Black Flag, and Ministry when I was 20. Then I started having sex more regularly.

You never had sex while listening to Black Flag's "Slip it in"?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1058 on: July 15, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »
I guess I'm just too old to want to have my ass kicked. But if that's you're thing, you're the one who is weird.  ;)
???
‼‼?‼‼

Stillwater

« Reply #1059 on: July 22, 2013, 07:06:53 am »
@MerriweatherPP: IT'S BACK! @virginmobileusa #freefest returns to @Merriweatherpp 9.21.13! http://t.co/7uhlvjOaJe

K8teebug

« Reply #1060 on: July 22, 2013, 08:17:38 am »
Awesome.  Can't wait!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1061 on: July 22, 2013, 08:41:40 am »
Oh happy happy happy birthday to meeeeeeeee! :D

K8teebug

« Reply #1062 on: July 22, 2013, 08:50:20 am »
It's our 10 year anniversary :)

Hopefully us friends with benefits peeps will just get tickets because we're awesome?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1063 on: July 22, 2013, 08:54:01 am »
vampire weekend!  ;D
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #1064 on: July 22, 2013, 08:57:14 am »
My wife is out of town and pretty sure my six year old (who was more mature than at least 70% of the people there last year) doesn't want to go back, so looks like I'm out.

Vampire Weekend would be the first decent band in several years.