Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 75800 times)

imbecile

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 02:24:08 pm »
Not sure where to stick this comment

I just noticed that RNRH (and obviously DC9), and the Black Cat appear to be transitioning over to ticketfly.  Bummer, the last venues with low service fees will sadly be no more.

stevewizzle

« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 02:37:22 pm »
dang. i've been pretty happy with ticket alternative over the years.

imbecile

« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 02:44:24 pm »
dang. i've been pretty happy with ticket alternative over the years.

Yep, I liked them a lot.  That 5-6 dollar difference on every order adds up.

Oh well.  Looks like DC9/RNRH shows starting in November are on ticketfly and Black Cat shows are.. hmm.. looks like whatever they're announcing from now on is going ticketfly.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2013, 02:58:32 pm »
Looks like the ticket charges is no more than what ticket alternative is currently charging

For RNR Hotel, at $15 face, the charge is $4.48 with ticketfly  and $4.50 with ticket alternative (both for print at home)

For Black Cat, at $15 face, both ticketfly and ticket alternative charge $3.

The venues dictate the charges.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:03:30 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

imbecile

« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2013, 03:41:25 pm »
Looks like the ticket charges is no more than what ticket alternative is currently charging

For RNR Hotel, at $15 face, the charge is $4.48 with ticketfly  and $4.50 with ticket alternative (both for print at home)

For Black Cat, at $15 face, both ticketfly and ticket alternative charge $3.

The venues dictate the charges.

Hmm, it appears you are correct.  Way to go and actually do some looking around instead of just being irritated like I was, ha.

Maybe I should focus my agitation on RNRH, as it seems they're fees have gone up quite a bit.  I don't remember them being this high previously, but it's been a while since i've gotten advance tickets for a show here (the Metz show whenever that was).

eltee

« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:11 pm »
All I know is TF is super expensive and there is always a problem or hidden fee. I still dislike how you can't get back to a window to add additional shows to your order, etc. ...TA is awesome and decent fees and easy to use and they detail costs, etc. I really wanted to buy a Colin Meloy ticket - $50. There are charges, then more charges, then cost to ship in mail. I know, I know, all this is probably normal, but for me, it's cruddy b/c no one I can pay $50 or see any show at Lincoln with all the fees they are charging. I also want to see quite a few shows there - no way I can afford. And they no longer ship for free, and might even charge for will call (can't remember). Unless I get to a ticket window, I can't buy tickets right now based on the fees.

killsaly

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2013, 08:11:36 pm »
Joe just likes correcting people!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2013, 12:55:03 pm »
if ticket companies did not charge extra fees for their service, would they even be in service to serve you, or would you be forced to go back to an era when shady guys with trench coats sold you tickets?  shut up about fees, or stay home.  or go form a ticket company; go form any company for that matter.  go do something with your life, that costs money, like a hidden fee.

atomicfront

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2013, 01:00:11 pm »
if ticket companies did not charge extra fees for their service, would they even be in service to serve you, or would you be forced to go back to an era when shady guys with trench coats sold you tickets?  shut up about fees, or stay home.  or go form a ticket company; go form any company for that matter.  go do something with your life, that costs money, like a hidden fee.

What is bogus about fees is the following:

1) Some ticket services don't refund fees for cancelled shows. 

2) The fees are annoying. Put them into the ticket price. 

3) A lot of those fees are actually going back to the promoter and not to the ticket service.  It is just deceptive marketing.

4) Some places charge you a fee for print at home and will mail them to you for free.  How does that make sense? I always tell them to mail them to me.  Only an idiot would do otherwise.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2013, 01:07:00 pm »
company - "we charge fees that pay employees and keep us a company that does business."

consumer - "thats annoying."

walkonby - "fuck off consumer."

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2013, 01:08:16 pm »
company - "we charge fees that pay employees and keep us a company that does business."

atomicfront - "I have this all figured out and anyone who doesn't do what I do is an idiot"

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #131 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:20 pm »
damn, i forgot about that character in my story.

atomicfront

« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2013, 01:20:10 pm »

atomicfront - "I have this all figured out and anyone who doesn't do what I do is an idiot"

No.  Why would anyone pay to print at home?  I guess if you are homeless this might make sense and for you it would be "print at kinkos".

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2013, 01:31:23 pm »
i do not understand print at home tickets.  they are fake tickets in my book, and you look like a nerd with tape between your glasses if you have them.  but i hate direct deposit checks as well, and choose real checks from my job so i can walk in my bank with my real checks and wave at the cute teller.

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2013, 01:40:16 pm »
wave at the cute teller.

Do they still have those?  Did you use your buggy whip today too?
slack