Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 76207 times)

wiretap studios

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2010, 10:31:54 am »
I snagged a pair. I got the presale email, but didn't realize that it wasn't for today, it was for Friday.  I started seeing peoples updates on facebook and realized I just reduced my chances by 50%.  At 10:00 today I was hitting the refresh over and over and it popped right in. 

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2010, 10:32:38 am »
Ticketfly is a business that, like Ticketmaster, offers a service and tries to make a profit as well. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining the cost of running a business with overhead and staff and what not and why people go into business, but suffice to say for the most part we've been very happy with the service of Ticketfly.

I don't give a flying fuck about your reasons for getting into business. The service you provide sucks donkey dick and until you and your service stop sucking a fat dick, I could care less about you excuses.

I can't believe it has really come down to this. I miss TM.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2010, 12:23:31 pm »
Ticketfly is a business that, like Ticketmaster, offers a service and tries to make a profit as well. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining the cost of running a business with overhead and staff and what not and why people go into business, but suffice to say for the most part we've been very happy with the service of Ticketfly.

I don't give a flying fuck about your reasons for getting into business. The service you provide sucks donkey dick and until you and your service stop sucking a fat dick, I could care less about you excuses.

"Service you provide"?  What do you mean?  It was a FREE CONCERT!  Obivously demand will be high!  SOME people, and I know you won't be able to comprehend this, WON'T GET TICKETS!  It didn't have to be free.   So in addition to putting on a FREE concert, IMP should pay for extra servers so a handful of whiny, little bitches can obtain their tickets?  Between this and people complaining about ONLY getting two FREE tickets ("WTF, man!  My frat bros wanna come and stir sh*t up during T.I., dude!"  OR "I wanted to take my whole family....I have a newborn and also want to take my three dogs....my daughter wants to bring her two friends....why the HELL can't you accommodate my requests!") I can't BELIEVE the sense of entitlement.

Really?  You REALLY wish that Live Nation/Ticketmaster would have handled this?  I have nothing to say to you, then.  I'm actually surprised that you can form sentences with your opposible thumbs.

This whole thing is take it or leave it.  You don't like Ticketfly?  Don't go to concerts that Ticketfly sells tickets for!  It's that simple.  What's that?  But you REALLY want to go to the show and it's your God-given right to complain and bitch and whine and moan about the poor service and not being able to connect and not being able to contact customer service and paying too much for parking.  DON'T GO!  The Right to Easily Obtain Concert Tickets for Great Seats With Minimal Service Charges within the First Five Minutes of Them Going on Sale is NOT guaranteed in our Constitution.  Could someone check if it's in the Bill of Rights?

You know what?  As a man, I am f*cking EMBARASSED for "Monkey Pants", "Fat Skippy" and "Thousand Made-Up Loves" (Jesus, are you older than 12?  I wonder what your names are on World of Warcraft...).  You want MY tickets?  You can HAVE them.  It disgusts me to see grown men bitch and whine and moan about how awful things are about getting f*cking CONCERT TICKETS for a FREE CONCERT when there are so MANY other things to be upset about and fight for.

You can have my tickets.  I'll print out the confirmation e-mail and roll it in a Kotex-like tampon and you can do whatever you want with it.

Brian

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2010, 12:34:17 pm »
^ POTW

;D ;D ;D   

I am so glad that you are back Brian. I've missed you.

eltee

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2010, 12:40:01 pm »
I know the complaining can be annoying, but there is also constructive criticism that can be expressed without penalty. Although it's a free show - it is a SHOW!
(And, it's not all free -- some paid $30; and $125 is a chunk of change to get a seat. (win for the charity, win for IMP/MPP))
So, unless Pavement or some of the other bands not playing DC any time soon decide to schedule a show at the club, this will be my opportunity to see them perform. I understand your vent, Brain, I do, but remember this is a show that people want to see and it requires tickets, free or not. Not trying to be an ass, but one cannot say the same issues would not have happened if there was a cost to the GA option.
Luckily, and for some odd reason, I didn't have an major issue. The timer was especially short and timed out on me twice; it asked me three time for account information even though I put it in, and the captcha is wonky, so in all I had to drill things in quickly and repeatedly. (the form is not exactly professionally laid out or developed). TM is terrible for fees, and I rarely get tickets or good seats for a popular show there, but I suppose people are speaking specifically to the fact that there are waiting rooms and it doesn't crash as often as it seems to w/TFly.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:49:57 pm by El Tee »

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2010, 12:51:36 pm »
Brian_Wallace- Are you looking for a job at all? We may need a new forum representative.

-Amy

:)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2010, 01:01:15 pm »
i never thought i'd say this, but... i heart walalce.  lol.  well said.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2010, 01:06:07 pm »
Doesn't matter to me as I got my tickets.   

let's face it: that's the point for a lot of people.  got tix, no problem.  didn't get tix, TF is the devil.

some people were going to get shut out one way or another, there was way more demand than offer.  the website issues gives the have-nots something to focus on.  not to say TF shouldn't improve its capability to handle surges.

The service you provide sucks donkey dick and until you and your service stop sucking a fat dick, I could care less about you excuses.

TMUL, look on the bright side: you're known around here for your angry (and mostly incongruous) rants.  anger is your passion.  your inability to score tix will fuel you for months.  can't wait for the fall-out.

that, and i don't want your whiny bitch-ass ruining my festival.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2010, 04:46:26 pm »
For those of us who got tickets, we should be grateful that it only took at the most 45 minutes of our time
 during presale. It was easy to get tickets after the link worked and it didn't cost us a penny. If you really want
to go to the show and got tickets eventually, there is really no reason to whine and complain.
Just enjoy the show and thanks for the presale I had a good night rest and didn't have
to wake up before 10 am and worry about whether I will get tickets or not. The end.
(_|_)

Shadrach

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2010, 05:21:43 pm »
For some reason I keep picturing Col. Jessup in the pivotal scene at the end of A Few Good Men.

Using some creative license here and totally in jest...

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a fan who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very shows that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide them! I would rather you just said "Thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you book your own shows, and promote them yourself. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

TFlyAmy

• Home
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2010, 05:24:39 pm »
Wow. Thank you, Shadrach.

James Ford

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »
I see nothing wrong with people who had problems complaining about the system. Those who the system worked for should be grateful and have no grounds in criticizing those for whom the system didn't work for. So for people like Brian , I say shut the fuck up already.

That being said, some people need to geta life. There's more to life than concerts. There's plenty of just as awesome things to do on a September day. Go hiking at Old Rag. Go picnicking at Great Falls. Go rent a kayak on the Potomac and go for beers at Birreria afterwards. Go to a Nat or O's game. Just kidding on the last suggestion.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 06:02:18 pm by James Ford »

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2010, 06:00:29 pm »
I like this Brian Wallace fella

mike demoan

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 06:45:29 pm »
Free tickets or not- TF SUCKS and can not handle a show with any demand! If I was involved with TF or 930 I would be extremely disappointed in the way the system responded for both the presale and onsale. It can't be good for business!!!

eltee

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »
I agree w/ James. Yes, I said it. Just the people complaining and the ones yelling back need to keep it a little more constructive. I don't support telling TF to suck donkey balls or Brain Walalace offering his tickets on a tampon. I understand this is the web and snarkiness abounds, but if there are changes to be made to the ticketing system or process, say it constructively. Others especially those that got tickets should let them vent b/c you would do the same.
Plus, if there weren't all this slinging, TF and 930 who already listen and respond to us, might not get annoyed and defer to perspective & wanting to employ Walalace rather than see legitimate complaints.