Author Topic: Get rid of Ticketfly  (Read 75771 times)

eltee

Re: Get rid of Ticketfly
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 11:40:58 am »
nm!

fatskippy

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 11:43:52 am »
Gave up what?  Ticketfly.com still loads as "pur03".  I did not look through the boards for a backdoor link.  Do you not see the lunacy in people needing to use a backdoor link they have to find on a message board for in order to buy tickets?  This isn't some secret show in someone's backyard, it is a major venue with a capacity of over 19,000.

vansmack

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:43 am »
I prefer TflyAmy to TflyDan.
27>34

Shadrach

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 11:47:54 am »
The new link was posted on the main page shortly after the crash.

Your frustration seems a little high for someone who still has another opportunity to claim tickets.

Gave up what?  Ticketfly.com still loads as "pur03".  I did not look through the boards for a backdoor link.  Do you not see the lunacy in people needing to use a backdoor link they have to find on a message board for in order to buy tickets?  This isn't some secret show in someone's backyard, it is a major venue with a capacity of over 19,000.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 11:58:43 am »
I still haven't received my confirmation email. Its been over an hour and a half...
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 12:02:46 pm »
Hopefully the Fillmore in Silver Spring opens ASAP.

Hopefully they will have a message board you can go hang out on too.
27>34

fatskippy

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 12:06:44 pm »

I know someone whose posted over 12,000 times wouldn't understand this, but most people don't hang out on message boards

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:23 pm »
Gave up what?  Ticketfly.com still loads as "pur03". 

You have to clear your cookies, history, whatever.   I cleared it all and this finally went away.   I got my tix through Yada's link, but this problem persisted long after the site was back up.   At this point this is an issue with your browser, not a server issue.  Very frustrating though.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 12:14:10 pm »

I know someone whose posted over 12,000 times wouldn't understand this, but most people don't hang out on message boards
Oh, burn.
‼‼?‼‼

Shadrach

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 12:23:27 pm »
fatskippy, I sent you a personal message. Check your inbox.

atomicfront

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2010, 12:24:19 pm »
No I was not able to get tickets because the site crashed.  I still can't get ticketfly to load.  Ultimately I don't care what company runs a venue, I just want to go see a concert as conveniently as possible.  I don't remember the ticket buying process for most concerts I have been to but I definitely remember Phish and now this one since no improvements to the system were made.  It is so incredibly stubborn to stick with something that isn't working and it is terrible customer service.  Oh and LOL @ MGMT being listed as a selling point for anything.

Well in my opinion Phish is the worst band ever so who cares what you think of MGMT.  And there were Phish tickets available the day of the show and Phish tickets well below list on Craigs List so you didn't get your Phish tickets the second it came out big deal.

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:45:11 pm »
Oh, burn.

That was good.  And I totally walked right into it...

Oh, and for all the bitching he's doing, he'll get tickets to the show, he'll pay face or below, yet we get nothgin for sitting through his exercise in venting.

These things always work out, which is why I've complained about not getting tickets exactly once in my life - the 2002 World Series.  Ended up being the greatest ticket story of all time.  Did I ever go back and apologize to TicketMaster?  No.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:47:46 pm by vansmack »
27>34

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 12:47:34 pm »
Oh, burn.

That was good.  And I totally walked right into it...
You are aware in real life people don't walk on forums...
‼‼?‼‼

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 12:48:35 pm »
You are aware in real life people don't walk on forums...

Well, once I got bored walking on water I've had to find other ways to challenge myself.
27>34

MonkeyPants

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 12:59:48 pm »
There's nothing sarcastic about what I wrote.  The point isn't that people shouldn't be whining about not getting FREE tickets.  The point is that the Club and IMP should having a ticketing company that can handle the demand of their ticket sales so that their customers don't have to waste an hour of their day (workday or not) dealing with a really bad ticketing company.  Your and TFlyAmy's responses on the forums do not really solve this problem and just seem like an attempt to make the customers, who are also donating money to charity in this case, feel bad about complaining about a very frustrating situation.  How about explaining how TF is going to manage on Saturday when we have another chance?  Or how about explaining why more than 6 months into this new arrangement, TF still can't handle the demand?

If you had just wasted an hour of your life (which I did not, so I'm not bitching about not getting FREE tickets, just raising the point that TF failed when I tried for the few minutes I had free at 10am), I'm pretty sure you would be kinda pissed, too.

Your sarcasm doesn't answer my question.

Were you unable to secure your FREE tickets?

The system only sucks more because the tickets were free.  It doesn't work for high demand tickets that people pay lots of money for, either  ;)
PANTS