Author Topic: for nkotb  (Read 167516 times)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

Re: for nkotb
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2017, 01:03:56 pm »
just saw it last night, at a pretty good theatre.  I usually only see films, at the Alamo, but this place was a great alternative.  Wanted to see it at the air and space museum in Dulles, but others were not down for that hassle.

I am not sure what to think yet, fully.  I walked out, not even knowing it was 2 and half hours, like a giddy school,nerd . . . glowing in it all and really, really now coming to love kylo ren and the guy who plays him.  I never, knew anything about him before force awakens.  But, everyone, and I mean all of them, I went with, hated it from start to finish and thought it was the worst film of the entire series.  my partner, even said, and I cringe, "give me Jar Jar over this shit."

So again, I am not sure what to really think.  I will go see it again, and really pick it apart, and not watch it as a fan only, who had a few wonderful margaritas before they went.

vansmack

« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2017, 01:29:52 pm »
It definitely left me walking out thinking.  I felt I could have cut about 30-40 minutes of useless attempts at humor scenes out of it and it may have then been the best of the bunch - but it's a Disney movie now. 

I also couldn't help but think if they had known about Carrie's death they would have done the whole Laura Dern thing differently (but of course, how could they have known).

I didn't hate it, but only liked, not loved it at this point.  I would like to see it a few more times to get a more full impression of it's place in the series.
27>34

« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2018, 02:02:18 pm »
Solo: A Star Wars Story

The B-Boy Sabotage Trailer Re-Cut
https://youtu.be/3TPY4TKo6uQ
slack

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:36 pm »
i usually hate trailers, with iconic songs attached, especially if the song if not really supposed to match what you are seeing . . . but damn.  yo, damn.

« Reply #259 on: July 11, 2018, 09:21:54 am »
so did anyone see solo?
bombed so bad

looks like Obi is getting his own movie (well looks like it was canned and is now moving forward)
https://nerdist.com/how-the-obi-wan-spin-off-is-secretly-moving-forward/
slack

vansmack

« Reply #260 on: July 11, 2018, 11:53:06 am »
I liked Solo, and even more surprising so did The Brand.  She liked it more than most other Star Wars movies...

It did poorly in the theaters because it's 6 months on the heels of The Last Jedi, rather than the annual Xmas release.  Disney has gotten too big and has too much control of large productions.  They are trying to spread Marvel/Star Wars/Disney Animated movies out to maximize profits and guessed wrong on Solo.  I bet it would have done much better had they waited until December. 
27>34

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #261 on: July 11, 2018, 11:53:37 am »
i wanted, to see it . . . but it falconed right out the theatre, before I had a chance to shoot first.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2018, 02:44:39 pm »
I liked Solo, and even more surprising so did The Brand.  She liked it more than most other Star Wars movies...

It did poorly in the theaters because it's 6 months on the heels of The Last Jedi, rather than the annual Xmas release.  Disney has gotten too big and has too much control of large productions.  They are trying to spread Marvel/Star Wars/Disney Animated movies out to maximize profits and guessed wrong on Solo.  I bet it would have done much better had they waited until December.

Much to my surprise, I quite enjoyed it as well. May be my favorite of the Disney efforts. It was certainly the most fun.

Relaxer

« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2018, 03:03:03 pm »
I liked Solo the least of all the post-Force Awakens movies. I just found zero connection between the young Solo and what he supposedly grew into for Star Wars, Empire, and Jedi. He was just some generic dude with a cocky smile and brash attitude and I was all, zzzzzzzzz.
oword

vansmack

« Reply #264 on: July 19, 2018, 05:04:35 pm »
Disney has finally decided to finish The Clone Wars Saga:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk
27>34

« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2018, 05:59:43 pm »
I liked Solo
and I was all, zzzzzzzzz.
I really wish I had that 2 hours and 20 mins back
there were a few cool scenes, but that was a meh movie
I couldn't believe 8 weeks after release date...in the second run movie theaters...and empty
slack

« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2018, 01:33:53 pm »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #267 on: November 27, 2018, 02:59:22 am »
<sig>

« Reply #268 on: December 14, 2018, 01:16:45 pm »
slack