Author Topic: YYY roll call and question  (Read 17433 times)

mirrorball

Re: YYY roll call and question
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 04:44:00 pm »
I'll be there. Just sold an extra ticket to someone at the Washington Post. I took some comfort in knowing the Post only gets one free ticket for sellout shows.

Terrifyer

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 07:07:00 pm »
Is it still on? I know some people who just left and they are asking if it's still on regardless of the weather.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 07:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Terrifyer:
  Is it still on? I know some people who just left and they are asking if it's still on regardless of the weather.
man, kids these days are a bunch of pansies.
OU812

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 07:33:00 pm »
I'll be there, bitches. Lets hope its a good show!

Terrifyer

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 09:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by Venerable Bede:

Originally posted by Terrifyer:
man, kids these days are a bunch of pansies. [/b]
Actually, "kids these days" are used to schools and other places closing pretty easily for dumbass reasons (one being the 'threat' of bad weather). I'd say those are the pansies..not the "kids these days."

helicon1

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 11:21:00 pm »
Just got back from the show. The highlight for me was standing by the soundboard watching the engineer throw his hands in the air because there was nothing he could do. The sound reminded me of the Black Cat on a really bad night. I've never heard it sound so bad in there. I thought the performance was flat as well but this was also night one of their tour.

yinzer

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 11:53:00 pm »
i thought it was a pretty decent show, but they had some feedback problems like you read about.

anarchist

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 12:18:00 am »
i was not impressed. i think they jumped the shark.  their best material is behind them.  they used to be one of the wildest, loudest, edgyest bands around.  granted i have not seen them in 2 yrs, but their old material is best.  as for the sound, it was pretty bad.  how can the arctic monkeys sound so good from first note to last and the yyy's sound so bad thru the same system? must be the soundman.

meeper_99

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 12:33:00 am »
the feedback was really getting annoying -- every song contained at least one big loud hum.

the energy was pretty low overall, and except for maybe "gold lion" almost all the new tunes sound better on record ...

lukiedookie89

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2006, 12:34:00 am »
I was happy with it.  It was way too short though.  
 Blood On The Wall was very impressive.  I think I'll check out their recordings...

andyrichter

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 01:24:00 am »
how long was their set?

Rupert Pupkin

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2006, 03:56:00 am »
Blood on the Wall was horrible and the YYYs set was an hour long. Perhaps maybe a few minutes longer than that.  Are you guys forgetting that the songs on the YYYs EPs and first album are like 2 minutes long each? That explains the short set feeling.

lbcardoni

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2006, 08:05:00 am »
All in all I thought it was a good show...Interesting to see Karen and Nick interact on stage...What was the third song they asked the crowd if they wanted to hear as the final song that no one cheered for?

It seemed to me that Nick got into the old songs more than the new ones.

A few crowd Highlight:  the young kid, maybe 12, in the slim fit jeans, air force ones, and the black hoodie.  so young, yet so jaded...and the drunk guy in the yankees shirt that kept making a butterfly with his hands and let his friends spit beer on him.

lbcardoni

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2006, 08:07:00 am »
...Blood on the Wall would have been better had they turned the bass down...

Also, who was the DJ last night?

ilayout

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2006, 08:48:00 am »
can someone please post YYY's set list from their performance last night?