Author Topic: The 5 Most Listened To CDs of The Week  (Read 82627 times)

ggw

The 5 Most Listened To CDs of The Week
« on: November 15, 2002, 01:56:00 pm »
Idlewild -- 100 Broken Windows<BR>Superdrag -- Regretfully Yours<BR>Flaming Lips -- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots<BR>.....Trail of Dead -- Source Tags and Code<BR>Dandy Warhols -- Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia

markie

Re: The 5 Most Listened To CDs of The Week
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 01:57:00 pm »
what happened to the old thread?<P>what is the dandy warhols album like?

ggw

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 02:03:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>what happened to the old thread?<P>what is the dandy warhols album like?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think it was "housecleaned"<P>13 Tales is muy excellente.<BR>I'm sure you've heard "Bohemian Like You"<BR>Also, "Godless" is being used in a new Nissan commercial and Michelob used a third track from the album.<BR> They're big in the U.K. and the album went platinum in Ireland and Australia.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 02:06:00 pm »
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Machine" EP + Self-Titled<BR>Old 97's - Satellite Rides<BR>Stereolab - Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night<BR>The Apes - The Fugue in the Fog<BR>The Beatles - Revolver<BR>The Moistboys - III<P>I know it's 7, but that's what's been in at work this week.

markie

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2002, 02:08:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B> I think it was "housecleaned"<P>13 Tales is muy excellente.<BR>I'm sure you've heard "Bohemian Like You"<BR>Also, "Godless" is being used in a new Nissan commercial and Michelob used a third track from the album.<BR> They're big in the U.K. and the album went platinum in Ireland and Australia.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>yep, I have been meaning to get it, but it  has never jumped out at me whilst I have been in a record store.<P>

jadetree

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 02:25:00 pm »
Lambchop - Mono<BR>Burning Brides - Fal of the Plastic Empire<BR>Eels - Electro Shock Blues<BR>Liars - They Threw Us All in a trench...<BR>Superdrag - In the valley of dying stars

nkotb

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2002, 03:38:00 pm »
Hey Jadetree-<P>How many tracks does the Burning Brides cd have?  I bought a version when I saw them in February, and I know it's been rereleased recently with new art, but I heard it has extra tracks on it.  Is that true?<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>Lambchop - Mono<BR>Burning Brides - Fal of the Plastic Empire<BR>Eels - Electro Shock Blues<BR>Liars - They Threw Us All in a trench...<BR>Superdrag - In the valley of dying stars</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

jadetree

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2002, 03:41:00 pm »
mine has 10, not sure about the rerelease, I got mine about 3-4 weeks ago<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nkotb:<BR><B>Hey Jadetree-<P>How many tracks does the Burning Brides cd have?  I bought a version when I saw them in February, and I know it's been rereleased recently with new art, but I heard it has extra tracks on it.  Is that true?<P> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2002, 03:42:00 pm »
What is on the cover?  Is it  a picture of the band, or a picture of a skull?

jadetree

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2002, 03:44:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nkotb:<BR><B>What is on the cover?  Is it  a picture of the band, or a picture of a skull?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>skull

nkotb

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2002, 03:45:00 pm »
That stinks.  I heard the reissue had a few more songs on it.  But I guess both have just 10.  Always leave them wanting more, I guess...

markie

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2002, 03:50:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nkotb:<BR><B> Always leave them wanting more, I guess...</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>thats what Kurosawa said.

Dandy01

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2002, 04:17:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B>what is the dandy warhols album like?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>It's sort of a mixture of lullaby dreamy tracks, dancey oh-so-cool tunes, and alas, some country too, which takes some getting used to for us non-country loving folks.  All in all though, I would hope you would enjoy it.<P>

Fico

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2002, 04:21:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markie:<BR><B> thats what Kurosawa said.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Poor Kurosawa... all she ever wanted was his scarf...<P>

Skaboss

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2002, 04:27:00 pm »
-V/A - Location is Everything(Jade Tree)<BR>-Rollins Band - Hot Animal Machine<BR>-The Anniversary - Designing a Nervous  Breakdown<BR>-Rainer Maria - look Now, Look Again<BR>-Radio 4 - How the stars got crossed<BR>