Author Topic: Another camera post  (Read 2172 times)

Simple_Awkward

Another camera post
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:16:28 pm »
I've read through many topics concerning whether or not a camera is pro, but I still have a question.
I understand that allowing cameras in and what types of camera that are allowed,  is up to the band or singer, but what if you have a camera that looks professional but isn't a professional camera(or not professional in your opinion)?

I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ50 10.1MP Digital Camera and I'm not sure if I can bring it in (if the band allows cameras that aren't only disposable.) or not. The show I'm going to isn't until late November, so I'm almost positive you wouldn't have the information about types of cameras yet, but I would still like to know if my camera is acceptable if cameras are allowed.

eddie

• Global Moderator
Re: Another camera post
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:25:29 pm »
Generally speaking if you have to ask your camera is probably considered pro gear.  If you think it might not be considered pro gear you can certainly bring it to the club and if it is not permitted into the club you can return it to your car or check it with the folks at the door and pick it up at end of the show.

You can also check back with us closer to the date to see what instructions we have been given about cameras for the particular show you are interested in shooting.

Simple_Awkward

Re: Another camera post
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 11:45:09 pm »
Thank you very much for the quick reply. Will do what you suggested. =)