Author Topic: DC9 Employees Beat Man to Death  (Read 66812 times)

hutch

Re: DC9 Employees Beat Man to Death
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 12:07:26 am »
Shit did she really not get a Grinderman ticket?

Edit: not even sold out.

Read my fingertips man: she ain't go the do re  mi.. and if you don't have the do re mi you can't buy no ticket! woody sang that...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 09:58:16 am »
Do they have Schlitz? How's the jukebox?

Schlitz is the only beer I ever drink at DC9.  Where else can you get it?

This story is beyond f'd up.  I hope it gets straightened out.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2010, 11:20:03 am »
I walked by DC9 last night after stoping by the club to buy some advance tickets.  Does anyone know how every window of the place got broken out?  The story made it sound like it was just the front window that got broken.

When buying advance tix, I got to witness the staff deny entrance to that night's show (Pepper, I think) to a lad who had been underage drinking out front.  Josh and the gang were utterly professional as always.

eltee

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 12:08:44 pm »
Does anyone know how every window of the place got broken out? 
Obviously, I have no idea, other than reading the articles and watching the video. I gather the guy threw two bricks the first time, then came back and threw two more. (the man said they were surprised to find an additional brick after the first throw, then when he came back he threw two more?) Also, one article [link posted here] said someone at the show that night put his fist through a window? (I guessed that occurred upstairs?)
I always felt safe there with the outside sometimes sketchy surprisingly, since it's so close to everything. Mostly just people semi-loitering, or harassing as they walk by. When they first opened, I thought the person working the door was fairly rude (three different times), as was the bartender / server. But that was awhile ago. Have always favored 930 staph, of course.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2010, 12:09:18 pm »
I am sick and fucking tired of the Post referring to U St. corridor as "vibrant" every time a violent crime happens to hit the news from there. Like it's any more of a fucking tragedy someone gets gunned down/stomped to death there than on Good Hope Rd.

OMG! U ST. IS SO VIBRANT! THERE ARE SOOOOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE WHO HANG OUT THERE IN OVERPRICED BARS! WHAT A FUCKING TRAGEDY!!!!

andyrichter

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2010, 01:08:54 pm »
speaking as someone that has been on the wrong side of rumor and conjecture regarding similarly unfortunate situations, i would urge everyone to withhold judgment until all of the facts come to light.

the voice of reason!  4 of the men have been released and charges dropped from 2nd degree murder to aggravated assault.

blipvurt

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 01:17:44 pm »
I was at the show that night. Pretty damn great. Did not stick around long enough for the brick toss incident.

http://www.welovedc.com/2010/10/18/we-love-music-agnostic-front-dc9-101410/

It will be interesting to see how this all shakes out.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 01:37:44 pm »
I am sick and fucking tired of the Post referring to U St. corridor as "vibrant" every time a violent crime happens to hit the news from there. Like it's any more of a fucking tragedy someone gets gunned down/stomped to death there than on Good Hope Rd.

OMG! U ST. IS SO VIBRANT! THERE ARE SOOOOO MANY WHITE PEOPLE WHO HANG OUT THERE IN OVERPRICED BARS! WHAT A FUCKING TRAGEDY!!!!

Well, people tend forget when U Street had spots like Kaffa House and State Of The Union. Way before there was a bright idea to put Busboys And Poets on 14th Street and to turn Bar-Nun into Club Pure. And way before Erico's became Tabaq's and U Street Music Hall took over the Cue Bar. All kinds of crazy shit would happen on U Street. But remember, they built those high-rise condos in that area to drive up the value. Therefore, people think because its becoming an expensive neighborhood means its always safe. If they only knew.

speaking as someone that has been on the wrong side of rumor and conjecture regarding similarly unfortunate situations, i would urge everyone to withhold judgment until all of the facts come to light.

the voice of reason!  4 of the men have been released and charges dropped from 2nd degree murder to aggravated assault.

yeah, and i know 3 of the guys, including the owner, involved. all around i feel bad for the family with their loss and the lives who are ruin because of this.

Comments on stories like this are always gold:

"That area really needs an Ethiopian restaurant"

Thats the crucial part to all of this. The Ethiopian community may react to this in a certain way.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:42:52 pm by Ardamus »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 02:49:24 pm »
yeah, and i know 3 of the guys, including the owner, involved. all around i feel bad for the family with their loss and the lives who are ruin because of this.

You know who I really feel bad for (shocking, I know)? The co-owner who wasn't involved in this. He is so far up shit creek without a paddle right now.

Relaxer

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 03:42:58 pm »
Still, I think I'd prefer to be the non-incarcerated owner.
oword

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:54 pm »

You know who I really feel bad for (shocking, I know)? The co-owner who wasn't involved in this. He is so far up shit creek without a paddle right now.

Well, then you got the booking agency thats moving the shows from DC9 to RNR due to the shut down.

nkotb

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 04:27:52 pm »
I think I'd rather be anyone but the dead guy.

Still, I think I'd prefer to be the non-incarcerated owner.

Relaxer

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 05:00:22 pm »
Even Hitler?
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 05:00:55 pm »
NKOTB WISHES HE WERE HITLER
oword

nkotb

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 05:01:21 pm »
Your second post renders my post null & void.

Carry on.