Author Topic: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?  (Read 43964 times)

Yada

Re: Ticketfly improvements since 2010?
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »
I agree...TF charges a processing fee of $4 for 930 shows....other TF venues don't charge this processing fee
Good points and I agree, too. I used Ticketweb for North Star awhile ago and I think fees total were $3.25 (service/transaction and the 1.25 was the venue fee).
Gah, $10 on a $25 ticket via TF this week.
This is really nitpicky but TF's physical tickets are really cheesy looking. (Ticketweb's are cool)

Who cares what a ticket looks like?

eltee

« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2011, 05:51:33 pm »
I said it was being nitpicky. I'm not obsessed with my ticket collection, but I do save them. First, TF's don't even fit in a wallet. Secondly, they're pretty cheesy looking and have the TF logo over the entire ticket and are less about the show if you want such memorabilia. I don't really care, just thought of it and mentioned. And, knew, the comment I was subject to question.

walkonby

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2011, 10:13:11 am »
besides the show itself . . . the ticket is one of the most important parts of the concert experience.  it better be fucking perfect.  that's why those ticket fast computer printer ticket things suck.

walkonby

« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2011, 02:39:27 pm »
i have a question for miss thing herself, tflyamy . . . or anybody else who might have an answer through experience.  like ticketmaster, does ticketfly "re-release" tickets during any windows of time close to the show.  i can usually, if done correctly, pull fancy pants seats a week or less from the show date on ticketmaster.  that is why i like them and their fees.

bekessler

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2011, 03:20:55 pm »
i have a question for miss thing herself, tflyamy . . . or anybody else who might have an answer through experience.  like ticketmaster, does ticketfly "re-release" tickets during any windows of time close to the show.  i can usually, if done correctly, pull fancy pants seats a week or less from the show date on ticketmaster.  that is why i like them and their fees.

I assume this would be up the venue, band, or promoter not the ticketing company.  That said, I pulled 10th row for night 1 Merriweather the day before the show on ticketfly last year.

walkonby

« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2011, 04:14:02 pm »

I assume this would be up the venue, band, or promoter not the ticketing company.  That said, I pulled 10th row for night 1 Merriweather the day before the show on ticketfly last year.

i was always curious who decided such nice presents for people who couldn't get good tickets and refuse to use stubhubb/craigslist(they'll kill you there like an online version of the streets of dc).  i just refuse to go to merriweather for lawn.  major letdown. 

eltee

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2011, 10:48:50 am »
A question that may need to be in the FAQ section, but thought some of you or Amy might know...When a show is sold out, the parking ticket purchase option goes away too. Am I not seeing it? (On tickets.com they were on a separate listing under the show.)
TF parking purchase is on the same page as the show purchase listing. (see a current show not sold out)
Yet, if you look at shows that are sold out a month from now, the parking ticket option is not available; the sold out box is there. Parking doesn't generally sell out in advance (does it?).

Another question is there an option to create an account? It's been awhile since I purchased online. Recently, I did, but I didn't see the option to sign in for an account. I just assumed I never made one & filled out my information  before purchase.

Edit / answer:
Due to the way the system is set up, currently parking tickets are not available on line, once a show sells out.  However, if there is still parking available you can buy at the box office or by calling TicketFly @ 877-435-9849.

Also, there is not an option to create an account on TicketFly, but that is coming very soon.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:29:57 pm by El Tee »

eltee

« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2011, 09:00:45 pm »
thank you for linking to parking on the concert list & TF page(s) for sold out shows.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:52:30 pm by El Tee »

hutch

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2011, 06:14:09 pm »
oh dear.. TF is down..

Ticketfly
Due to a transformer exploding outside of Ticketfly HQ in San Francisco (Oh no! Everybody's ok!), our phone support and sales are temporarily down. We hope to be back up and running ASAP. In the meantime, check out our help desk for FAQs and alternate methods of support. Thanks!
Ticketfly FAQ
support.ticketfly.com
Hello- Due to an external power outage near Ticketfly Headquarters, our phone support is temporarily down. We are working to get everything back up and running as soon as we can. In the meantime, if you have a question about an existing order, please email customersupport@ticketfly.com If you wou

hutch

« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2011, 11:12:37 am »
ticketfly is starting to bug me..

Relaxer

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2011, 11:14:06 am »
oh dear.. TF is down..

Ticketfly
Due to a transformer exploding outside of Ticketfly HQ in San Francisco (Oh no! Everybody's ok!), our phone support and sales are temporarily down.

OMG Be safe Ticketfry!
oword

ggw

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:46 am »

Do they call late at night and hang up when you answer?

hutch

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2011, 11:24:01 am »

Do they call late at night and hang up when you answer?

no, but my cars order doesn't show up in my account..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2011, 01:03:05 pm »
no, but my cars order doesn't show up in my account..

that's the system mocking you for your choice of musical entertainment - "you don't actually want those tickets, now do you?"
<sig>

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2011, 01:37:35 pm »
A decent mobile app would be nice.